Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
StnCld316

Domain Name Change

Recommended Posts

Attention to All Members that have Accounts at Reallifecamfan.com (RLCF)

 

The Domain Reallifecamfan.com is no longer in operation. A New Domain Name is currently being migrated and will be back online soon.

If you store your Username & Password you will need to re-enter that information.

If you Currently have any Shortcuts to RLCF please change the name  of the Address to https://discussed.cc/  (New Domain is Now Online)

 

We look forward to seeing our current Members and New Members are Welcomed to Participate as well.  

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn’t have possibly picked a worse name for a site. It totally sounds like ‘disgust cc”.  Sorry no one wants to see see disgust. What were you thinking? It’s just not rockin’! 😕

What’s the point of even keeping that site open? It’s basically empty. Should have just incorporated it into CamCaps and been done with it. 
 

https://youtu.be/E56oc_gMHa0

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

Couldn’t have possibly picked a worse name for a site. It totally sounds like ‘disgust cc”.  Sorry no one wants to see see disgust. What were you thinking? It’s just not rockin’! 😕

What’s the point of even keeping that site open? It’s basically empty. Should have just incorporated it into CamCaps and been done with it. 
 

https://youtu.be/E56oc_gMHa0

We are working on changes as we roll forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An explanation of the name change as posted on Discussed.cc

Reallifecamfan.com was recently renamed to Discussed.cc. The reason for this change was to re-brand the site with a name that more accurately reflects the nature and spirit of the site. At its core this is a discussion forum. I also wanted to disassociate the site from the name Reallifecam as I believe that the name may have inadvertently limited discussion, as it gave the impression that this is solely a fan site for reallifecam, which it is not. I am hoping that the name change will broaden the discussion to other topics that aren’t necessarily even related to the “real life cam” niche. Similarly, I hope that with a greater breadth of topics more people will be inclined to take part in discussions which will in turn attract more visitors as new topics start appearing in search results. There are no other major changes on the radar, though we may add a few new boards or move some around in the coming weeks to open up the discussion a bit more. Thank you for your continued support and I hope that this change finds you well.

Edit: Yes, I know that discussed sounds phonetically similar to disgust (I am okay with that, people are often intrigued by disgusting things). My goal was to come up with a name that reflected the nature of the site, was short, easy to remember, and makes one think a bit, the ambiguity of the word discussed and the .cc extension may illicit different connotations depending on one's perspective and interests. 

Respectfully,

- Admin

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Admin said:

An explanation of the name change as posted on Discussed.cc

Reallifecamfan.com was recently renamed to Discussed.cc. The reason for this change was to re-brand the site with a name that more accurately reflects the nature and spirit of the site. At its core this is a discussion forum. I also wanted to disassociate the site from the name Reallifecam as I believe that the name may have inadvertently limited discussion, as it gave the impression that this is solely a fan site for reallifecam, which it is not. I am hoping that the name change will broaden the discussion to other topics that aren’t necessarily even related to the “real life cam” niche. Similarly, I hope that with a greater breadth of topics more people will be inclined to take part in discussions which will in turn attract more visitors as new topics start appearing in search results. There are no other major changes on the radar, though we may add a few new boards or move some around in the coming weeks to open up the discussion a bit more. Thank you for your continued support and I hope that this change finds you well.

Edit: Yes, I know that discussed sounds phonetically similar to disgust (I am okay with that, people are often intrigued by disgusting things). My goal was to come up with a name that reflected the nature of the site, was short, easy to remember, and makes one think a bit, the ambiguity of the word discussed and the .cc extension may illicit different connotations depending on one's perspective and interests. 

Respectfully,

- Admin

Thanks for the explanation, but it just seems pointless. You already have a site that is a discusion forum, it's called CamCaps.net.  Why not just incorporate the sites together into one site? There must be a reason, what is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Admin said:

An explanation of the name change as posted on Discussed.cc

Reallifecamfan.com was recently renamed to Discussed.cc. The reason for this change was to re-brand the site with a name that more accurately reflects the nature and spirit of the site. At its core this is a discussion forum. I also wanted to disassociate the site from the name Reallifecam as I believe that the name may have inadvertently limited discussion, as it gave the impression that this is solely a fan site for reallifecam, which it is not. I am hoping that the name change will broaden the discussion to other topics that aren’t necessarily even related to the “real life cam” niche. Similarly, I hope that with a greater breadth of topics more people will be inclined to take part in discussions which will in turn attract more visitors as new topics start appearing in search results. There are no other major changes on the radar, though we may add a few new boards or move some around in the coming weeks to open up the discussion a bit more. Thank you for your continued support and I hope that this change finds you well.

Edit: Yes, I know that discussed sounds phonetically similar to disgust (I am okay with that, people are often intrigued by disgusting things). My goal was to come up with a name that reflected the nature of the site, was short, easy to remember, and makes one think a bit, the ambiguity of the word discussed and the .cc extension may illicit different connotations depending on one's perspective and interests. 

Respectfully,

- Admin

Wasn't an impression as that is what it was, a forum  set up for the RLC project so why say it was anyhing else. Hence the name Reallifecamfan, duhhhhh.

Would make more sense just to incorporate it into CC like many other Voyeur sites are. If no ones using it now no one is going to use it under that stupid name are they.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Amy3 said:

Thanks for the explanation, but it just seems pointless. You already have a site that is a discusion forum, it's called CamCaps.net.  Why not just incorporate the sites together into one site? There must be a reason, what is it?

There is a small but tight knit community over there that I don't want to abandon. I don't have any current plans to merge the two forums. My hope with the name change is that it will inspire new conversations, new topics, and a new vision, that will ultimately develop into a larger community. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Wasn't an impression as that is what it was, a forum  set up for the RLC project so why say it was anyhing else. Hence the name Reallifecamfan, duhhhhh.

Would make more sense just to incorporate it into CC like many other Voyeur sites are. If no ones using it now no one is going to use it under that stupid name are they.

The history of RLCF is a bit more complicated actually, about two years after having started CamCaps a new forum appeared called "reallifecamfan.com" the new forum was much smaller but potentially a real competitor to CC at the time, it used the same type of forum software and it had many of the same topics. Fast forward a year or so and the previous owner of RLCF shut the site down because of too many DMCA complaints, so I offered to buy the domain. I bought the domain but the previous owner had deleted all the website files so I created a new forum with the same name but new software. My reasoning for restarting the forum was that there was a decent sized community and I didn't want the site to just disappear from under them, I also figured that it would give people an alternative if they found CC to be too busy or unfocused. Also, I've always considered "real life cam" to be a genre if you will, not necessarily a reference to the website reallifecam.com. Ultimately, I am trying to re-brand the site to make it less focused on cams in general, it remains to be seen if that effort will be successful. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Changing the name won't make a difference to that forum. Have a divide with members and that won't change. Majority of the long term members have long gone and not attracting many new ones. The main focus and what gets used the most is the chat, but also been a downfall as many got sick of the same crap, boring, obsessed ramblings about 3 apartments. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Morrison said:

Changing the name won't make a difference to that forum. Have a divide with members and that won't change. Majority of the long term members have long gone and not attracting many new ones. The main focus and what gets used the most is the chat, but also been a downfall as many got sick of the same crap, boring, obsessed ramblings about 3 apartments. 

I can certainly appreciate that perspective, especially given that I am  the person who pays the bills to keep it running mostly at a loss. In truth the forum hasn't gotten as much attention or promotion as it should have, it's kind of been the "red headed step child". I've reduced the number of websites in the Depraved Media portfolio to just handful that I want to focus on improving and promoting, discussed.cc being one of them. The internet as a whole and the real life cam industry have changed at lot since 2012 when CamCaps was fist started. I am trying to embrace and better understand the change rather than fight against it. I am committed to keeping the community open as long as people continue to find value in it. The re-brand is not just a new name, it's a new focus, and a new vision. 

"If you do not change, you can become extinct"  - Dr. Spencer Johnson, Who Moved My Cheese? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Admin said:

I can certainly appreciate that perspective, especially given that I am  the person who pays the bills to keep it running mostly at a loss. In truth the forum hasn't gotten as much attention or promotion as it should have, it's kind of been the "red headed step child". I've reduced the number of websites in the Depraved Media portfolio to just handful that I want to focus on improving and promoting, discussed.cc being one of them. The internet as a whole and the real life cam industry have changed at lot since 2012 when CamCaps was fist started. I am trying to embrace and better understand the change rather than fight against it. I am committed to keeping the community open as long as people continue to find value in it. The re-brand is not just a new name, it's a new focus, and a new vision. 

"If you do not change, you can become extinct"  - Dr. Spencer Johnson, Who Moved My Cheese? 

You understand the numbers better then anyone here, but I cannot help but think that cc is slowing down because of the failure of these voyeur sites to stay true to genre. There’s very little to be said about people who are just working the cams for money. If that was worth talking about then there would be threads dedicated to actual CB type camgirls. The truth is, there isn’t because they are predictable and boring. The same is now true for these voyeur site tenants by in large. When the tenants are making more money to perform for the audience the magic of voyeurism is lost. VHTV pushes it to this point and RLC can only try to match the demand and eventually succumb to the world voyeur porn. It is leaving the commenters out in the cold. 
 

The only thing of value on the discussion site is the chat. All of the forums are basically empty except a few people. There is no discussion happening. I’d cut you loss, bring the chatters to chat on CC and focus on making cc the best it can be. Next I would try to get VHTV to post a link to cc on their site. I suspect if you don’t tie yourself closer, some day VHTV will create their own forum and leave you in the dust.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Admin said:

I can certainly appreciate that perspective, especially given that I am  the person who pays the bills to keep it running mostly at a loss. In truth the forum hasn't gotten as much attention or promotion as it should have, it's kind of been the "red headed step child". I've reduced the number of websites in the Depraved Media portfolio to just handful that I want to focus on improving and promoting, discussed.cc being one of them. The internet as a whole and the real life cam industry have changed at lot since 2012 when CamCaps was fist started. I am trying to embrace and better understand the change rather than fight against it. I am committed to keeping the community open as long as people continue to find value in it. The re-brand is not just a new name, it's a new focus, and a new vision. 

"If you do not change, you can become extinct"  - Dr. Spencer Johnson, Who Moved My Cheese? 

Little advice. If you want more people getting involved and contributing, look into changing how to post content. Insert image from URL is useless. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slender Man said:

Little advice. If you want more people getting involved and contributing, look into changing how to post content. Insert image from URL is useless. 

Good point! With the sole exception of VHTV, none of the other sites allow people here to post content. Who want to bother with 3rd party hosts? Not me! This is the main reason why I deleted all of my caps in voyeurhouse. It’s not worth the risk. The caps really do help tell the story. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slender Man said:

Little advice. If you want more people getting involved and contributing, look into changing how to post content. Insert image from URL is useless. 

Good idea. I think I am going to test this one out. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Amy3 said:

You understand the numbers better then anyone here, but I cannot help but think that cc is slowing down because of the failure of these voyeur sites to stay true to genre. There’s very little to be said about people who are just working the cams for money. If that was worth talking about then there would be threads dedicated to actual CB type camgirls. The truth is, there isn’t because they are predictable and boring. The same is now true for these voyeur site tenants by in large. When the tenants are making more money to perform for the audience the magic of voyeurism is lost. VHTV pushes it to this point and RLC can only try to match the demand and eventually succumb to the world voyeur porn. It is leaving the commenters out in the cold. 
 

The only thing of value on the discussion site is the chat. All of the forums are basically empty except a few people. There is no discussion happening. I’d cut you loss, bring the chatters to chat on CC and focus on making cc the best it can be. Next I would try to get VHTV to post a link to cc on their site. I suspect if you don’t tie yourself closer, some day VHTV will create their own forum and leave you in the dust.  

 I think that the industry has normalized. Back when it was a relatively new niche it got a lot of attention, now that it has been established for 10+ years I think that the overall interest has gone down, but there is still a large core group that keeps the industry alive. I don't know where the industry is going, but CC will be here to talk about. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...