Get ready for Windows 12

I have half a dozen, (that's 6 to you young'un's) phones in my drawer with 2 being flip phones. They all still work in a way. None power up for very long due to the batteries being so old and I use the smart phones as music storage devices. I think I just wasted my time putting the music on them. I never listen to it anyway.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TBG 150 said:

I'm still here and not extinct yet!

Yes, I'm one that hates change. Like the old flip phones that you could feel the buttons that you needed to push and not have to look down and crash because you hit the wrong key driving over a pothole in the road and can't find the back button. 

Sounds like a personal experience. 😊

9 hours ago, Robwin said:

No doubt some plank wil issue software that you can make windows 11 look like Windows 7 :biggrin:

Always makes me laugh how so many refuse to accept change in many walks of life they must all be related to dinosaurs i reckon :biggrin:

There are many apps on the internet that will modify the whole windows outlook than what Microsoft supplies.

If you have a newer computer that will install Windows 11 you may still get a warning pop up your computer is not compatible but that's easily rectified by going to the support page of the Motherboard Vendor. They'll likely have a BIOS Update.  Once the BIOS is flashed it should work after that.  

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

There are many apps on the internet that will modify the whole windows outlook than what Microsoft supplies.

If you have a newer computer that will install Windows 11 you may still get a warning pop up your computer is not compatible but that's easily rectified by going to the support page of the Motherboard Vendor. They'll likely have a BIOS Update.  Once the BIOS is flashed it should work after that.  

You get so serious Stone chill man :biggrin:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Robwin said:

You get so serious Stone chill man :biggrin:

I have it on mine already and it works for what I use the computer for.  It's only a Beta Version from the Windows Insider Program so I'll have to get download the ISO image when it becomes available then I can format this Beta Version.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I have it on mine already and it works for what I use the computer for.  It's only a Beta Version from the Windows Insider Program so I'll have to get download the ISO image when it becomes available then I can format this Beta Version.

I was thinking of doing the same but must be getting old just, couldn't be bloody bothered :biggrin:

It won't do anything that i can't do now to be honest. My desktop is getting on a bit now anyway so may splash out on a new one later on with it on, less hassle then.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Robwin said:

I was thinking of doing the same but must be getting old just, couldn't be bloody bothered :biggrin:

It won't do anything that i can't do now to be honest. My desktop is getting on a bit now anyway so may splash out on a new one later on with it on, less hassle then.

Many can still use Windows 10 but sometime in 2025 Microsoft will no longer be offering support for Windows 10 users. 

You'll have lots of time to decide of whether to change or not but Windows 10 will be good for many years even after 2025 even without any support. I even know a couple of people that still use Windows 98SE.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

You'll have lots of time to decide of whether to change or not but Windows 10 will be good for many years even after 2025 even without any support. I even know a couple of people that still use Windows 98SE.

Bloody hell, Windows 98SE lol, when he changes Web pages he must have time to go for a bloody shower lol. Yeah as you say Windows 10 will be around for a long time yet. The main advantage of upgrading a machine really these days is just raw speed and response times which makes computing these days a pleasure and not a waiting game 😂. Having said that I always like to have the latest stuff within reason. My current Acer desktop must be getting on 7 or 8 yrs old I suppose with various bits having been upgraded over the years. Still works well I must admit so am in no mad rush. Many of the cases now seem to get blander or even more stupid with all the flashing disco LED's on them lol.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Bloody hell, Windows 98SE lol, when he changes Web pages he must have time to go for a bloody shower lol. Yeah as you say Windows 10 will be around for a long time yet. The main advantage of upgrading a machine really these days is just raw speed and response times which makes computing these days a pleasure and not a waiting game 😂. Having said that I always like to have the latest stuff within reason. My current Acer desktop must be getting on 7 or 8 yrs old I suppose with various bits having been upgraded over the years. Still works well I must admit so am in no mad rush. Many of the cases now seem to get blander or even more stupid with all the flashing disco LED's on them lol.

Their computers are a bit in the dinosaur age but at least their happy.  All they do is read the news and play stickman games.  :biggrin:

On 9/1/2021 at 9:17 PM, Robwin said:

I just recently built a newer computer around the end of July and am glad I did.  

My old computer was about 12 or 13 years old and was beginning to have its struggles with certain things on the Motherboard no longer working such as LAN & USB functions.  I could have just replaced the Motherboard but it's hard finding an AM3+ MB these days. All they have left for AM3+ is old refurbished MB's and components that have to ship from China. I do have another AM3+ MB but it died within a month of use.  It was an ASRock MB.  It still powers up but it stays on a black screen. Back in that day I never knew much about a PC as I do now.  It likely only needs to have the BIOS flashed back to it's original BIOS as I never had issues until I done a BIOS Upgrade on the thing. If I can get that thing working then I'll just interchange the MB's on my old computer. If I cannot get it too work then I'll toss the MB out to the Landfill site.