Best live albums ever

nagachilli2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Lets add to this old thread while RLC tries to get it's act together🤓.

This was always favorite-especially when you consider they had only been together a couple months. If I remember correctly Carlos had just quit his dishwasher job to do music. Santana is one of the best-selling groups of all time with over 47 million certified albums sold the US, and an estimated 100 million sold worldwide.

• Like 1

Another one of my favorites. Growing up in Detroit in the 60's I saw some incredible music with the mixing of cultures drawn by the auto industry. Black, White, Asian, Mexican, Middle Eastern all came to Detroit to build cars. Aside from Motown (Supremes, Temptations, Smoky Robinson etc.} it was a northern fixture on the Chitlin' Circuit so any weekend we would have BB King, Muddy Waters and all the great blues musicians. All the big British bands would come to Detroit because we were their biggest fans. But our local boy was Bob Segar. I first saw Bob in a little club when he was just starting out. The audience was our group of 5 or 6, 2 couples that knew guys in the band and a couple girlfriends. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

Well, you need to be out on Woodward Avenue this week. It's Dream Cruise week.

Wow! I lived dream cruise from the late 60's through the early 70's when I moved away. 69 Camaro SS 350 (Mine was yellow). My sister had a 68 Road Runner in red.

image.png.7aa5599ebeab6604dd70f327df2858ad.png

• Like 1

A friend is there, well, they live there and she sends me lots of pix. It's a mob scene Saturday day and night. Officially it's Dream Cruise day, but you know that it goes on all year round there. The Pontiac Turn, is still the burnout capital and Ferndale puts on a great emergency vehicle show and lights and sirens parade.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...