Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #2

2 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

I said all of this way back in the beginning of the first thread that ended up locked and people laugh calling me a conspiracy theorist. 

This is a way to depopulate the world of it's old and least useful. They need to kill off a billion people and this is their way of doing it. It will start a civil unrest the likes no one has ever seen before.

If you think there are savages roaming the streets, you ain't seen nothing yet. 

If you believe in this bullshit, you are obviously a conspiracy theorist or at least falls for them. Especially considering the extreme countermeasures being taken worldwide to protect this risk Groups, is it silly to assume that there is a hidden goal against them. 

The problem with conspiracy theorist is that they interpret statements out of context or completely misinterpret them and then have the audacity to claim that a hidden intention was inadvertently revealed. Fauci did not accidentally reveal a future outbreak. He has only made a statement based on statistics and science that this outbreak will almost certainly occur. Assessing these risks and advising on them is precisely his job. 

• Like 2

The latest on Boris, he had a comfortable night, is on oxygen, he is not on a ventilator and has not got pneumonia so all good so far but will remain in intensive care.

This is good news for Boris & his family and the country.

Come on Bojo you are a fighter and will beat this. The whole country is behind you.👍👍👍

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Robwin said:

The latest on Boris, he had a comfortable night, is on oxygen, he is not on a ventilator and has not got pneumonia so all good so far but will remain in intensive care.

This is good news for Boris & his family and the country.

Come on Bojo you are a fighter and will beat this. The whole country is behind you.👍👍👍

Wish him all the best from Germany 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, jabbath1987 said:

Wünsche ihm alles Gute aus Deutschland  👍

Grüße von einem Engländer der vermutlich mit deutscher Frau und deutschen Kindern das Privileg hat in Deutschland leben zu dürfen.

Natürlich schließe ich mich Deinen Wünschen an, Jabby. Corona soll alle verbinden, jeder Tote ist einer zu viel.

13 hours ago, Alladino said:

CNN has reported on hydroxychloroquine already on 19.03. with a clear and unambiguous Statement by Dr. Fauci. 

The statement might not be what you wanted to hear, but corresponds to the statements of the majority of experts. For the time being, the aim is to produce meaningful studies. 

If the drug really proves to be helpful, it will be important in the future to give it to the participants who really need it. 

The drug is already proving to be helpful. People are dying right now, we don't have time for the results of  If you watched something besides CNN you would know that. In a month the so called experts who are opposed to using the drug to treat coronavirus will look like flat earthers.

7 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

The drug is already proving to be helpful. People are dying right now, we don't have time for the results of  If you watched something besides CNN you would know that. In a month the so called experts who are opposed to using the drug to treat coronavirus with look like flat earthers.

No one is against using this drug. On the contrary, I think there are over 10 studies in progress. 

Still, it is very important to know that it actually helps. Especially since these drugs also have side effects, which, if there are no positive effects, only cause harm. 

I don't know what source you're basing your assumption on. However, there is a fairly well-known study that I suspect. This study has some very strong weaknesses:

If you have another source, I would like to have a look. 

I agree with you on one thing. Sometimes it's necessary to take shortcuts. This is already being done (e.g. in the development of a vaccine). However, the whole thing must always be carefully assessed and reasonable. Simply being fast no matter what can end up doing more harm than good. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Alladino said:

No one is against using this drug. On the contrary, I think there are over 10 studies in progress. 

Still, it is very important to know that it actually helps. Especially since these drugs also have side effects, which, if there are no positive effects, only cause harm. 

I don't know what source you're basing your assumption on. However, there is a fairly well-known study that I suspect. This study has some very strong weaknesses:

If you have another source, I would like to have a look. 

I agree with you on one thing. Sometimes it's necessary to take shortcuts. This is already being done (e.g. in the development of a vaccine). However, the whole thing must always be carefully assessed and reasonable. Simply being fast no matter what can end up doing more harm than good. 

How is this for a real life personal confirmation 😏

NYPOST.COM

Michigan lawmaker Karen Whitsett, infected with COVID-19, is crediting the controversial anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine with saving her life.x

1 minute ago, happyone said:

How is this personal confirmation

Nice to see that this lawmaker is feeling better again, but unfortunately this is no proof of the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine at all. It could have been that she would have shown improvement also with a placebo. 

Anyway, I looked a little further. My information might have been a little out of date:

Let's see what other studies will show as result. 

30 minutes ago, Alladino said:

Nice to see that this lawmaker is feeling better again, but unfortunately this is no proof of the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine at all. It could have been that she would have shown improvement also with a placebo. 

Anyway, I looked a little further. My information might have been a little out of date:

Let's see what other studies will show as result. 

Or she could have died without it--so here is more info that it is highly recommended to treat covid19

WWW.PRECISIONVACCINATIONS.COM

FDA issued emergency authorization of Hydroxychloroquine treatment for COVID-19 patients in the USA
WWW.EXPRESS.CO.UK

A MALARIA DRUG, backed by US President Donald Trump, is the most effective available treatment to tackle coronavirus according to an international survey.

Well makes you wonder why nobody's using it then if it's so wonderful as it may have saved 1000's of lives. Why isn't it being used then is the next question? 

Afraid I don't have an answer for that.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Well makes you wonder why nobody's using it then if it's so wonderful as it may have saved 1000's of lives. Why isn't it being used then is the next question? 

Afraid I don't have an answer for that.

It's just well intentioned theory and speculation,and nothing wrong with that.We are all looking for the slightest glimmer of hope that some form of relief/cure can be found as soon as possible.I'm sure that as soon as some drug/vaccine that has been tested and proven to be the answer it will be made available to one and all regardless of race,colour or creed.

• Like 2