Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #3

8 minutes ago, moos54 said:

yes you are right, this disease comes from an international plot , I seem to be reading Trump's words :angel:

are you sure you didn't test the various health solutions said by your president too?

Do you really want me to teach you how math works?
We are 67 million in France against 328 in the United States, I just compare with the difference in population
But it's true that if we take the mortality figures we should rather be on a multiplication between 3 or 4, which always makes a lot of deaths

You denying the virus originated in China?  Your other comments make absolutely no sense.:confused:

7 minutes ago, happyone said:

I think it is not because it is easier, because it is just as easy to use the simple flu as a comparison--a more recent and comparative event.  And as for proving that Covid19 is much more deadly--that has not yet

been proven, as the testing has not yet been completed and may not be totally accurate. 

I would like to know one thing, do you think that the figures for a simple flu are themselves correct?, Do you think that everyone is tested for simple flu?
I don't think so and in the end the simple number that really matters is that of mortality
All the figures indicate that the places where the covid is really present are in excess mortality compared to the figures of the same month of last year
This means that there are many more deaths than during a simple flu period, so I think we can conclude that the covid is more deadly than a simple flu
It's logic and math

• Like 1

Just now, moos54 said:

I would like to know one thing, do you think that the figures for a simple flu are themselves correct?, Do you think that everyone is tested for simple flu?
I don't think so and in the end the simple number that really matters is that of mortality
All the figures indicate that the places where the covid is really present are in excess mortality compared to the figures of the same month of last year
This means that there are many more deaths than during a simple flu period, so I think we can conclude that the covid is more deadly than a simple flu
It's logic and math

No, your logic and math is flawed. Evidence now indicates that covid-19 is much more contagious than the flu, but less deadly. Also, testing in the U.S. is now indicating that there were many people infected with covid-19 who never had any symptoms, never knew they were infected.  As more of these cases are discovered the mortality rate will decrease.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

You denying the virus originated in China?  Your other comments make absolutely no sense.:confused:

you said this "a disease that was inflicted on the world and the U.S. by China" and you said this "the virus originated in China"

I don't know about you but these two sentences do not say the same thing for me, should I also give you a semantics course in addition to mathematics?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

No, your logic and math is flawed. Evidence now indicates that covid-19 is much more contagious than the flu, but less deadly. Also, testing in the U.S. is now indicating that there were many people infected with covid-19 who never had any symptoms, never knew they were infected.  As more of these cases are discovered the mortality rate will decrease.  

Do not you think that it can come by having made the decisions to set up the containment of the popultation? because it avoids the contagion of people at risk even if there are a lot of people who can be without symptoms 

I think there is still enough example which indicates that even people in very good health can be reached by putting them in an artificial coma for failure of the respiratory system
So if this virus puts this kind of person in bad shape, what do you think is going on with people who have more fragile health?

you said this "a disease that was inflicted on the world and the U.S. by China" and you said this "the virus originated in China"

I don't know about you but these two sentences do not say the same thing for me, should I also give you a semantics course in addition to mathematics?

It is simple, Moos.  First, the virus origninated in Wuhan China--that is a fact.

Second, it has been shown that China allowed international flights to leave Wuhan, even while they themselves shut down Wuhan knowing of the virus.  So, in that case,

China did inflict the virus on the rest of the world by allowing it to leave China via possibly infected people.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moos54 said:

Virus originated in China and was inflicted on the world and the U.S. by China. 

• Like 1

Just now, happyone said:

It is simple, Moos.  First, the virus origninated in Wuhan China--that is a fact.

Second, it has been shown that China allowed international flights to leave Wuhan, even while they themselves shut down Wuhan knowing of the virus.  So, in that case,

China did inflict the virus on the rest of the world by allowing it to leave China via possibly infected people.

I think we must also take into account that nobody knew at the time how the virus really worked, moreover we still don't really know it since we are still discovering things about it at this very moment
Do we need masks? Don't you need masks? Contagion by droplets? By a simple contact as harmless as shaking hands? now experts speak of contagion by simply breathing and exhaling air

Have there been mistakes, yes without a doubt, but mistakes have been made by all the other countries not taking the right measures at the right time, minimizing the impact of this virus
The President of the United States made this error, my President made this error, other presidents also made this error
WHO warned the world in late January of the danger of the virus, which was surely too late and most countries woke up that in early March the damage had already been done
The anticipation was bad for everyone

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, moos54 said:

I think we must also take into account that nobody knew at the time how the virus really worked, moreover we still don't really know it since we are still discovering things about it at this very moment
Do we need masks? Don't you need masks? Contagion by droplets? By a simple contact as harmless as shaking hands? now experts speak of contagion by simply breathing and exhaling air

Have there been mistakes, yes without a doubt, but mistakes have been made by all the other countries not taking the right measures at the right time, minimizing the impact of this virus
The President of the United States made this error, my President made this error, other presidents also made this error
WHO warned the world in late January of the danger of the virus, which was surely too late and most countries woke up that in early March the damage had already been done

This is all acceptable, but we do not have to take anything into account when it comes the fact that the virus originated in China and it therefore escaped from China via people leaving Wuhan when 

China itself had shut down Wuhan.(so obviously they knew there was a serious problem)  No amount of information about the virus will alter those facts.  

4 minutes ago, moos54 said:

Do not you think that it can come by having made the decisions to set up the containment of the popultation? because it avoids the contagion of people at risk even if there are a lot of people who can be without symptoms 

I think there is still enough example which indicates that even people in very good health can be reached by putting them in an artificial coma for failure of the respiratory system
So if this virus puts this kind of person in bad shape, what do you think is going on with people who have more fragile health?

No, makes more sense to set up containment of the most vulnerable members of the population and allow the rest of the population to conduct their normal lives with some precautions like wearing masks, maintaining distance from other people, and frequently washing hands.  Still will not know for a number of years whether the Swedish strategy or containment strategy was the correct way to go.  Lets see whether Sweden or the containment countries have higher death rates from covid-19  one, two, and three years from now. Containment may have been a better short term strategy, but the Swedish way may have been a better long term strategy. Dr.Fauci has already said he expects covid-19 to return in the fall, and Chinese health officials have said the disease will not fade away but in the future will reoccur every year.

"WHO warned the world in late January of the danger of the virus",  president Trump stopped travel to and from China in late January.  When he took that action he was called racist by Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden and other Democrats. Also, on Feb.24 Nancy Pelosi was on tv in San Francisco encouraging people to come to Chinatown  to celebrate the Chinese New Year. Just recently Gov. Cuomo confirmed  that most of the cases of covid-19 in New York originated in Europe. He said, ' we closed the front door from China, but we were late in closing the back door from Europe'.  And when Trump did close the door from Europe he was again criticized by both Democrat and European officials.

Remember the guy in Arizona who supposedly drank fish tank cleaner because President Trump had promoted the use of hydroxychloroquine?  That was the story the guy's wife told the police. Now the police are investigating her for possibly poisoning her husband. The couple had a history of a troubled marriage with the wife previously charged with domestic assault.  Also, it turns out she was a big Democratic Party money donor. Will be interesting to see where this goes. Of course,  you'll never hear anything about this from the mainstream media.   ( Story is in the April 29 edition of THE SUN ).