Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #3

20 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

So the UK government does not require CARE homes to accept patients who test positive for covid-19?  Is that what you are saying?

Obviously not, they go into hospitals, isn't that normal or does the states have a different policy?

9 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Obviously not, they go into hospitals, isn't that normal or does the states have a different policy?

The state of New York requires nursing homes to accept patients who have tested positive for covid-19 on the orders of Governor Cuomo, and now Cuomo wants to investigate why New York has had so many nursing home residents die from coronavirus. Duh?

1 hour ago, Robwin said:

Hi Nag, well it may surprise you lol but I do agree with everything you say, BUT, what is the alternative, you can't keep everyone locked down for forever and a day,  there has to come a point when you have to put the trust in someone or some plan else there just won't be jobs to go back to. Its always been the minority that have fucked it up for everybody else and always will as they are just bloody irresponsible idiots and think they are untouchable. Sun comes out and they all flock to the beach or parks. But this now emerging political point scoring is just unacceptable and so unnecessary and is only confusing the public. If everyone sung to the same hymn sheet there would be no confusion. What's pissing me off right now is this care homes slanging match. Care homes are private places where the residents pay anything up to £1000 a week yet the owners are getting away with murder and many are blaming the government. Surely the owners have to take some blame for not doing anything to prevent their homes being infected for gods sake. Isn't the clue in their name, CARE homes?

Yes, I agree with you too...Time will tell if it's a little early to start lifting restrictions though...a 2nd wave would be catastrophic..

I see Roche have developed a new Ab test which, apparently, is 100% accurate, and they gonna roll in out in the next coupla weeks...Of course we're not certain if anyone can become reinfected, but I think the chances of that happening is low. It's a huge step in the right direction, imo...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, happyone said:

Guess you will no longer post anything that has to do with the USA then??? 😏

Wouldn't go as far as that gotta keep you buggers on yer toes. 😁👍

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Robwin said:

Sorry to hear that Ash, I know I have seem in some previous posts you are struggling. Know how you feel I haven't seen my daughter and her young babe for about 8 weeks now and I too yearn for a big hug and all that. We have been skyping a lot though which does help a bit. The lads are always phoning etc but do miss my eldest sons twins it was their 3rd birthday yesterday so missed all that. The missus shed a few tears but what can you do but patiently wait it out. It's hard,very hard and could be so very depressing but we all have to look on the positive side that we are all still healthy and alive and kicking. You're strong hun you will see it out believe me. 💕💕👍Take care.

Thx Bud. Sounds like you got it tough on your side also. Not seeing your family due during normal times isn't the same as it is with this shit going on. My Dad has some physical problems from smoking and I don't know if he would survive . Are youre boys working or laid off?

14 minutes ago, ashleyxyz said:

Thx Bud. Sounds like you got it tough on your side also. Not seeing your family due during normal times isn't the same as it is with this shit going on. My Dad has some physical problems from smoking and I don't know if he would survive . Are youre boys working or laid off?

Hi Ash, yeah bit hard I must admit but you gotta realise there are always many others worse off so we all thank our lucky stars. I have severe asthma so if I ever caught it it would probably be lights out no doubt but hey ho, still here to plague everyone lol. Both lads are on furlough and getting their 80% from the government and the firms are making up their full money so no worry there. Think the eldest is quite liking having more time with the twins lol. Keep yer pecker up it won't last forever and keep having a few laughs or whatever on here. Take care eh 💕 👍 speak soon.

• Like 1

Nancy Pelosi is complaining that it is not safe for President Trump to take hydroxychloroquine to protect him from being infected with covid-19. I wonder how safe it is for Nancy to continually have Botox shot into her ancient face? :sad:

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Nancy Pelosi is complaining that it is not safe for President Trump to take hydroxychloroquine to protect him from being infected with covid-19. I wonder how safe it is for Nancy to continually have Botox shot into her ancient face? :sad:

Well it'll give her fuck all protection against Covid, but she's unlikely to die from it...😏

• Haha 1