Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #3

25 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

We all going to die of something moos, I will not put my life on hold because some politician tells me I must. We have already lived through many of these outbreaks in the past. I will not bow to a fear mongering Media. Life will go on just has it always has for centuries moos, before the Media and Politician's controlled everything. I am 60 years old and moos ,statistically I should only live another 16 years. I will be damned if I am going to live the remainder of my life in fear.

China should have manned up to the world and showed the world the leader it wants to be and stopped this shit in it's tracks, instead their hatred for all things democratic, and then their world domination goals allowed them to feel that this could used a tool (Biological Weapon) and they let it spread all over the free world with the help of bought and paid off World Health Organization. Ask Hong Kong how they feel about Beijing thee days ?

BTW I wonder how Putin's Russia feels about China these days ?

moos this is what I am talking about:

WWW.CDC.GOV

National Center for Health Statistics

73,639 actual deaths from covid as listed on their death certificate. 922,510 deaths of all causes in that same time period as listed on their death certificate.

1 hour ago, Thestarider said:

Number of deaths for leading causes of death:

• Heart disease: 647,457
  • Cancer: 599,108
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
  • Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
  • Diabetes: 83,564
  • Influenza and Pneumonia: 55,672
  • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis: 50,633
  • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173
  • Life must go on and as much as we think we should live forever we do not.

Those above are 2017 US data--here is more complete US data from 2018 _note 2019 data is not yet available, but statistic are anticipated to roughly the same--with the exception of suicides, which is anticipated to increase..

1. Heart disease 2018 incidence: 655,381 Rate: 163.6 per 100,000 US standard population Percentage of total deaths: 23.1%

2. Cancer 2018 incidence: 599,274  Rate: 149.1 per 100,000 US standard population Percentage of total deaths: 21.1%

3. Accidents/unintentional injuries 2018 incidence: 167,127 Rate: 48.0 per 100,000 US standard population Percentage of total deaths: 5.9%

4. Chronic lower respiratory diseases 2018 incidence: 159,486 Rate: 39.7 per 100,000 US standard population Percentage of total deaths: 5.6%

5. Cerebrovascular diseases 2018 incidence: 147,810 Rate: 37.1 per 100,000 US standard population Percentage of total deaths: 5.2%

6. Alzheimer disease 2018 incidence: 122,019 Rate: 30.5 per 100,000 US standard population Percentage of total deaths: 4.3%

7. Diabetes 2018 incidence: 84,946 Rate: 21.4 per 100,000 US standard population Percentage of total deaths: 3%

8. Influenza and pneumonia 2018 incidence: 59,120 Rate: 14.9 per 100,000 US standard population Percentage of total deaths: 2.1%

9. Kidney disease 2018 incidence: 51,386 Rate: 12.9 per 100,000 US standard population Percentage of total death: 1.8%

10. Suicide 2018 incidence: 48,344 Rate: 14.2 per 100,000 US standard population Percentage of total deaths: 1.7%

And here is the really alarming statistic--

The World Health Organisation (WHO) estimates that each year approximately one million people die from suicide, which represents a global mortality rate of 16 people per 100,000 or one death every 40 seconds. It is predicted that by 2020 the rate of death will increase to one every 20 seconds-which will represent approximately two million people or a rate of 32 people per 100,000.

Other sources estimate currently approximately 800,000 people die globally from suicide--but will increase in 2020.

Now compare this to the current COVID19 deaths(according to world0meter)  Coronavirus Death Toll  346,255 

Worldwide there is less covid deaths than the #1 and #2 killers in the US only

But far far far less covid deaths worldwide than suicides.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, moos54 said:

All of this only in two months too as covid?

See the stats above

1 hour ago, Robwin said:

Obviously some people got nothing better to do 🤣😁🤭

Since I have nothing better to do than stay in my home, I compiled the above figures 😏

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

You'd have a hard time convincing Sweden of that. Neither Sweden
nor their top epidemiologist think enough was done to protect the
country.

Sweden’s top coronavirus expert admits major mistakes as cases spiral

Oh Oh, not so good now Buddy 😏

The above was an article written in April 30 by the Sun in UK which has questions about its facts 

Here is another more recent article May 7, 2020 that quotes Anders Tegnel--that top epidemiologist and paints a different response 

WWW.CNBC.COM

Sweden's decision to avoid a strict lockdown like its European neighbors drew global attention and was not without controversy, but its chief epidemiologist says there are few things he would have done differently.

“I don’t think anybody who is really thinking that much about this, is really sure about any strategy, because we’re all doing something that nobody did before,” Anders Tegnell, Sweden’s state epidemiologist who has led the country’s coronavirus response, told CNBC Thursday.

“On the other hand, it looks like it’s going to work out. We’re clearly past the peak in Stockholm and our health care (system) has been able to handle it, we have extra beds in the hospitals and everybody has been treated that needs to be treated, even non-Covid patients have been able to get treatment.”

He said Sweden’s experience had shown that “we can keep our schools open.” “That has not caused any major problems at all — it has not caused any problems that we can see. We can keep our society reasonably open, without huge effects.”

“Of course, there is a huge regret over the fatalities that we’ve had but we’re not really clear how that could have been avoided. We know that these (elderly care home) settings are very vulnerable in this kind of situation and we’re not sure that doing something different would make a huge difference to that,” Tegnell said.

Asked if Sweden would follow the same policy in any future outbreak, he answered “to a great extent, yes.”

“Now we know things that we could do better, for sure, but on the whole I think we would go down the same route,” although he conceded that more work could have been done to prevent outbreaks in Sweden’s care homes. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

You'd have a hard time convincing Sweden of that. Neither Sweden
nor their top epidemiologist think enough was done to protect the
country.

Sweden’s top coronavirus expert admits major mistakes as cases spiral

And with in that article Sweden's government said it still believes their approach was a better long term strategy.  The biggest mistake they made was the same mistake made in many other nations, failure to protect people in carehomes.  Half their deaths so far are in carehomes.  Nearly 40% of deaths in the U.S. were in nursing homes. The governor of the state of Florida did not completely shutdown their economy but concentrated on protecting patients in nursing homes. That policy turned out to be very successful in protecting the elderly.

1 hour ago, happyone said:

Coronavirus Death Toll  346,255 

But, that's the number of Covid-19 deaths for a 2-month period, while
the deaths by suicide represent a 12-month period. If you extrapolate
the Covid-19 deaths to a 12-month period, you get 2,077,530, give or
take.

3 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

take.

Now you are just playing games with numbers, totally detached from reality.  The death rate/day for covid-19 is not a static figure. In fact, it has been on the decline, so your 2,077,530 figure is ridiculous. 

19 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

take.

Worldometer started on January 22, 2020--The data I provided was thru May 24, 2020, which is 4 months,

So your calculations are in error.  Even if the rate of deaths remained the same during the first 4 month to a 12 month period, then the correct number would be a total of 1,03,865 total deaths, (346,255 x 3)

However the number of daily deaths is decreasing.  But just to use a current number , total daily deaths on 5/23/20= 4183 x 365 days/yr= 1,526,795 deaths per year, less 346,255 deaths for the 4 month==leaves 1,180,540 worst case total deaths

• Like 2