Calling Trump a Facist is really about as dumb as you get

Maybe you're not familiar with the actual meaning of the word. From
Wikipedia:
"Fascism is a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized
by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, as well as strong
regimentation of society and of the economy, which came to prominence
in early 20th-century Europe." Wikipedia

From Merriam-Webster:
"a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti)
that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for
a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe
economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition"

"autocracy: government in which one person possesses unlimited power"

And, if that doesn't explain it, this should drive it home.

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

When fascism starts to feel normal, we’re all in trouble.

• Like 3

Il y a 3 heures, letsdothis a dit :

Maybe you're not familiar with the actual meaning of the word. From
Wikipedia:
"Fascism is a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized
by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, as well as strong
regimentation of society and of the economy, which came to prominence
in early 20th-century Europe." Wikipedia

From Merriam-Webster:
"a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti)
that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for
a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe
economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition"

"autocracy: government in which one person possesses unlimited power"

And, if that doesn't explain it, this should drive it home.

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

When fascism starts to feel normal, we’re all in trouble.

You really are that fucking stupid

• Like 1

To answer those who say “I can't believe you would vote for Trump." Listen up folks - I'm not just voting for him. I'm voting for the second Amendment. I'm voting for the next supreme court justice. I'm voting for the electoral college and the Republic we live in. I'm voting for the Police and for law and order. I'm voting for the military and the veterans who fought for and died for this Country. I'm voting for the Flag, which is always missing from the Democratic background. I'm voting for the right to speak my opinion and not be censored. I’m voting for secure borders. I’m voting for the right to praise my God without fear. I’m voting for every unborn soul the Democrats want to murder. I’m voting for freedom and the American Dream. I’m voting for good and against evil. I'm not just voting for one person - I'm voting for the future of my Country! What are you voting for?

• Like 2

Now think about this ?

When I was a HS sophomore – decades ago! – my World History teacher was Mrs. Holloway, but we all called her Granny Holloway. She was a slight woman, scarcely 5 feet tall, seemingly fragile, but full of vim and vinegar….you know the type. She could speak for hours about the Fall of the Roman Empire, the Inquisition, the Industrial Revolution, and the World Wars. She never sat while she lectured, never stood at a lectern, but moved around the room making eye contact with all of her students. She was demanding too, and I can’t remember how many papers were sent back to me because she would note “you can do better than this, Miss Schaal.”

One day during class, an office aid interrupted her lecture to hand her a note. She read it silently, apologized, and said she needed to leave the room. We knew it had to be important because Granny Holloway stopped lectures for no one.

We sat in the room talking to one another when the door opened, and in walked Mrs. Abels, another teacher in our HS. She explained to us that Granny had been faced with an emergency, a serious one, and it was questionable if she would even be returning to finish out the semester. We were stunned. Would we get a chance to tell her goodbye? Would we get updates, so we would know she was ok? Mrs. Abels assured us that we need not worry, that Granny was safe but needed time away, and that the best thing we could do for her, and the best way we could show our devotion to her, was to be cooperative with her replacement. Mrs. Abels confirmed that she had been asked and had agreed to step in as Granny’s replacement.

Cheer up, she told us, this could be a good thing. Other teachers still believed in endless homework and projects with deadlines and hard work. She would not bring that into our class. She believed in clean slates. If there were grades that we did not like, she could give us a chance to bring them up. She asked us what suggestions we had to make the semester a better learning experience. Someone mentioned that lectures were boring and we wanted more films. Done, she said. Someone else mentioned that a free day now and then would help us if we needed to catch up on work in other classes. She didn’t see a problem with that. She asked us how we felt about an end-of-semester party. Um, yeah, sounded very good to us. And on and on. Mrs. Abels listened intently and agreed to all of our suggestions, continually emphasizing that her concern was that we have a good learning experience and enjoy the semester. She also reminded us that we were lucky to not be sent out to other classes where we would be working to catch up, and that of course this was all for Granny.

Near the end of the period, shortly before the bell rang, the door opened and Granny sauntered in with her usual Granny Holloway attitude. “How did they do?,” she asked. “Marvelous,” said Mrs. Abels. “They were completely in my hands.”

Granny then faced us and said “And that, my students, is how a dictator takes over a nation. Not with guns or tanks or laws or mandates. They do it using a poster child and promises and gifts and protection from an enemy.”

I can’t remember a lesson all through 12 years of public school that made such an impression on me, and has stayed with me.

• Like 3

Image may contain: 1 person, standing and outdoor

A woman in a hot air balloon realizes she is lost. She lowers her altitude and spots a man fishing from a boat below. She shouts to him, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man consults his portable GPS and replies, "You're in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above a ground elevation of 2,346 feet above sea level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude.

She rolls her eyes and says, "You must be a Republican!"

"I am," replies the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," answers the balloonist, "everything you tell me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to do with your information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you're not much help to me."

The man smiles and responds, "You must be a Democrat."

"I am, replies the balloonist. "How did you know?"

"Well," says the man, "You don't know where you are or where you're going. You've risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and now you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but, somehow, now it's my fault."

• Like 2

Il y a 18 heures, letsdothis a dit :

So, because I have an opinion that differs from yours, I'm a fucking
idiot. Hmm, that's a good little Republican.

Nothing wrong with a having a different opinion it's yours is just plain fucking dumb