Trump--all about Trump, Trump bashing, Trump praise, defending Trump

8 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

That you actually believe that he told people to poison themselves is even more laughable.  Of course, being truthful is not one of your stronger traits.

right out of the Trump handbook. Attack the person not the topic. I have neve lied on this forum or any other.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bean1111 said:

right out of the Trump handbook. Attack the person not the topic. I have neve lied on this forum or any other.

When Trump suggested that it could work, he was just being sarcastic Bean...😏

I love hate the way he shies away from responsibility, and leaves it all up to governors of each individual state to make the huge decision on whether to lift lock down...Then he can't personally be blamed if it all goes tits up! That's fair enough, let's face it he's only the President of the USA..:dodgy:

3 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

I love hate the way he shies away from responsibility, and leaves it all up to governors of each individual state to make the huge decision on whether to lift lock down...Then he can't personally be blamed if it all goes tits up! That's fair enough, let's face it he's only the President of the USA..:dodgy:

Here is an outline of powers delegated by the Constitution for Federal, State, and shared powers.  Please notice the item in red under State Government.  President Trump is following the Constitutional powers when he

told the States to make their own decisions related to Covid19.  He and his health advisors did recommend guidelines, but each State has their own Constitution and laws-and the Governor and the Legislature of each State

is responsible to make and enforce those laws, and to maintain public health and safety within each State. .  So, the part in your post that is in bold, is totally incorrect.  The part about him being sarcastic when he questioned

using disinfectant was him trying to cover up an unintelligent comment, and that was irresponsible. 

Powers of the Government

Here is a breakdown of national and state government powers.

Source: The U.S. Government Printing Office
National Government State Government

* Print money
* Regulate interstate (between states) and international trade
* Make treaties and conduct foreign policy
* Declare war
* Provide an army and navy
* Establish post offices
* Make laws necessary and proper to carry out the these powers

* Issue licenses
* Regulate intrastate (within the state) businesses
* Conduct elections
* Establish local governments
* Ratify amendments to the Constitution
* Take measures for public health and safety
* May exert powers the Constitution does not delegate to the national government or prohibit the states from using

In addition to their exclusive powers, both the national government and state governments share the power of being able to:

kidsgovt1.gif
  • Collect taxes
  • Build roads
  • Borrow money
  • Establish courts
  • Make and enforce laws
  • Charter banks and corporations
  • Spend money for the general welfare
  • Take private property for public purposes, with just compensation

4 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

If he did that, you and Bean would be two of the first people to call him a dictator, and Nancy Pelosi with Adam Schiff would accuse him of abuse of power and start new impeachment hearings. :angry:  

4 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

The situation is different in each. Governors should know better than the president what is going on in their individual states. Also, governors are the ones who closed the states, so it is their responsibility to know when to reopen.

3 hours ago, happyone said:

Here is an outline of powers delegated by the Constitution for Federal, State, and shared powers.  Please notice the item in red under State Government.  President Trump is following the Constitutional powers when he

told the States to make their own decisions related to Covid19.  He and his health advisors did recommend guidelines, but each State has their own Constitution and laws-and the Governor and the Legislature of each State

is responsible to make and enforce those laws, and to maintain public health and safety within each State. .  So, the part in your post that is in bold, is totally incorrect.  The part about him being sarcastic when he questioned

using disinfectant was him trying to cover up an unintelligent comment, and that was irresponsible. 

Powers of the Government

Here is a breakdown of national and state government powers.

Source: The U.S. Government Printing Office
National Government State Government

* Print money
* Regulate interstate (between states) and international trade
* Make treaties and conduct foreign policy
* Declare war
* Provide an army and navy
* Establish post offices
* Make laws necessary and proper to carry out the these powers

* Issue licenses
* Regulate intrastate (within the state) businesses
* Conduct elections
* Establish local governments
* Ratify amendments to the Constitution
* Take measures for public health and safety
* May exert powers the Constitution does not delegate to the national government or prohibit the states from using

In addition to their exclusive powers, both the national government and state governments share the power of being able to:

kidsgovt1.gif
  • Collect taxes
  • Build roads
  • Borrow money
  • Establish courts
  • Make and enforce laws
  • Charter banks and corporations
  • Spend money for the general welfare
  • Take private property for public purposes, with just compensation

Thx for the info Happy...USA politics is obviously beyond me, and I haven't grasped it...so maybe I should keep out of this thread.
There's a hell of a lot riding on these governors right now then with Covid...Could that not cause catastrophic problems if they're not all pissing on the same stone regarding their handling of the situation...?

2 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

Thx for the info Happy...USA politics is obviously beyond me, and I haven't grasped it...so maybe I should keep out of this thread.
There's a hell of a lot riding on these governors right now then with Covid...Could that not cause catastrophic problems if they're not all pissing on the same stone regarding their handling of the situation...?

At least a governor can fuck up only his state, that's the beauty of a federalist system.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2020 at 1:21 PM, Thestarider said:

he does deserve my respect because he is the president of the United States.

Starider, I disagree. No one deserves respect simply because of a title
they stole. No. One. No matter what that title might be.  Respect is
earned, not taken.

• Like 3

President Trump deserves my respect because he fulfilled his promises with regards to China, and the Wall System. He also assisted the dairy farmers who were blocked from Canada by high tariff’s. Just today he blocked another 33 Chinese entity’s from accessing US technology, and our secrets. EVERYBODY else kissed China’s ass, and sabotaged our nation.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

Starider, I disagree. No one deserves respect simply because of a title
they stole. No. One. No matter what that title might be.  Respect is
earned, not taken.

OMG stole LMAO you do mean was duly elected as the 45th President of these United States. I would hate to think that you don't stand for the National Anthem ?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

OMG stole LMAO you do mean was duly elected as the 45th President of these United States. I would hate to think that you don't stand for the National Anthem ?

Ha Ha! I just don't stand for trump.

• Like 1