Juke Box Split #7

Guest Slipper Guyquad
14 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

He was the last performer that closed the doors to the Houston Astrodome!!

....And here is the very first song, from the very first concert ever held at the Houston Summit, November 1975!

8 minutes ago, Slipper Guyquad said:

....And here is the very first song, from the very first concert ever held at the Houston Summit, November 1975!

I've went to many concerts in the Summit back in the day.  I did not know that was the first song sung in the Summit...interesting fact SG!!

Guest Slipper Guyquad
11 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

I've went to many concerts in the Summit back in the day.  I did not know that was the first song sung in the Summit...interesting fact SG!!

Yep, given the honour of being the first band to play there.  2 weeks later, they also became the first band to play at the Pontiac Silverdome - The biggest indoor arena in the U.S. Sold out all 75,000 tickets in no time!

636204375517842590-dfpz29125.jpg?width=6

2 minutes ago, Slipper Guyquad said:

Yep, given the honour of being the first band to play there.  2 weeks later, they also became the first band to play at the Pontiac Silverdome - The biggest indoor arena in the U.S. Sold out all 75,000 tickets in no time!

The did have a really big following back in the day, either that or people just wanted to go to a concert LOL.  I can take them or leave them personally.

Guest Slipper Guyquad
3 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

The did have a really big following back in the day, either that or people just wanted to go to a concert LOL.  I can take them or leave them personally.

It's when gigs WERE gigs, no matter if Rock, Country etc. Those outdoor gigs would get 60/70,000 each time, whether it was Aerosmith or The Eagles. 

And people WATCHED - Not look through their Cell Phone lens!!!

14 minutes ago, Slipper Guyquad said:

It's when gigs WERE gigs, no matter if Rock, Country etc. Those outdoor gigs would get 60/70,000 each time, whether it was Aerosmith or The Eagles. 

And people WATCHED - Not look through their Cell Phone lens!!!

So true SG!!  Catch you later, I'm going on a drive...take it easy!!