Lydia & Loki (2020) Part #2

13 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Lol a good engineer always knows his mullions and transoms. Let's is the Google expert or hadn't you noticed 🤣👍

I had a sneaking feeling you would know as I remembered you mentioning your engineering background once before

I had to try though.👍

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Robwin said:

God knows what your father wore pal unless you care to enlighten us lol

Up here the Grand Orange lodge is quite strong and their "signature" song is The Sash (my father wore)If you are in the least bit interested best to Google it.

BTW I'm not a lodge member.

16 minutes ago, Robwin said:

No idea pal apart from a casement window but then would hate to open a fresh topic 😁

The old two sash Slidey up and down windows with the weights to counterbalance them are called sash and case.👍

Out of here before I get kicked out.👍😀

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

The old two sash Slidey up and down windows with the weights to counterbalance them are called sash and case.👍

Out of here before I get kicked out.👍😀

Hate to disagree with you pal but a casement Window is one that opens with hinges on the side vertical mullions or frame if you prefer lol. The sash as you describe with weights etc. Is correct.👍

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Robwin said:

Hate to disagree with you pal but a casement Window is one that opens with hinges on the side vertical mullions or frame if you prefer lol. The sash as you describe with weights etc. Is correct.👍

Hi Rob,Sash and case windows are completely different from casement windows.

The case is simply the box or frame if you like that the sashes slide up and down in hence sash and case and of course you are absolutely correct about casement windows.I learned how to make both types at Napier Technical college in Edinburgh when I was doing my apprenticeship.👍

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

The case is simply the box or frame if you like that the sashes slide up and down in hence sash and case and of course you are absolutely correct about casement windows.I learned how to make both types at Napier Technical college in Edinburgh when I was doing my apprenticeship.👍

Clever bugger eh may have to watch my step 😁  Many years ago eh 👍

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Robwin said:

4 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

Damn you guys surely stained this topic. 😁

• Haha 2