Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #4

3 minutes ago, EyesOnly said:

They don't even know if these drugs work. Nobody still knows shit about Covid-19.

Actually the UK proposes to use a drug called Dexamethasone which has proved to be very effective in reducing covid problems and is much cheaper.

• Like 2

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

US bought more than 500,000 doses, representing all of Gilead’s production for July and 90% of August and September

Just days after getting conditional approval for its coronavirus drug remdesivir in Europe, Gilead has announced pricing for the U.S. and other developed countries, charging different rates for the U.S. federal government and private insurers.

In an open letter obtained by Fox News, Gilead Sciences CEO and Chairman Daniel O'Day said the price per vial of remdesivir would be $390 for government health care programs in developed countries, such as Medicare, equal to $2,340 per patient on a short, six-vial treatment.

For private insurance companies, the price would be $520 per vial, or $3,120 for a six-vial treatment.

According to other sources that I have read, the pricing decision was based on a savings of about US $12,000.00 due to decrease in hospital stay,  Gilead says this savings to the health care system is the basis for the pricing. 

IMO these pharmaceutical companies are scalping the public with their pricing as it only costs Gilead about US $6.00 to produce a six day treatment. 

22 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

If someone has No Insurance then they're SOL unless it's going to be Taxpayer Funded 100%

Unless possibly they go to emergency and such treatment with this drug is part of the emergency treatment---however, this is a stupid response on my part--

because in the USA you will get treated in the emergency room for Covid19--but the average cost you will be charged is around US $73,000 for a 6 day stay.  However, most people do not

realize they can negotiate this down to approximately what Medicare would pay the provider at about US $10,561. Still, that is a lot of fucking money to most people and why massive health care reform

is needed in this country. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Robwin said:

Thanks @happyone for such a reasoned response but there are times when @Ridgerunner just fucking winds me up with his political crap.👍

The "political crap" I spoke of between Trump and Biden is U.S. internal politics, and since you are not a U.S. citizen is probably none of your fucking business.  Biden keeps hammering Trump about not encouraging people to wear masks, and apparently it is Biden supporters (young people) who are not wearing masks and practicing social distancing in Florida.

50 minutes ago, happyone said:

Unless possibly they go to emergency and such treatment with this drug is part of the emergency treatment---however, this is a stupid response on my part--

because in the USA you will get treated in the emergency room for Covid19--but the average cost you will be charged is around US $73,000 for a 6 day stay.  However, most people do not

realize they can negotiate this down to approximately what Medicare would pay the provider at about US $10,561. Still, that is a lot of fucking money to most people and why massive health care reform

is needed in this country. 

We had reform until John McCain voted against it.:sad:

1 hour ago, Robwin said:

🤣 think i have said enough for a while 🤭 until Ridge comes on spouting more crap 😁

Hmm!! I wonder if Ridge would take a bribe to stop posting for a while!!😀👍

Away into the offline section and gawp at a few Milly reruns that should cheer you up😀👍

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dave 27 said:

Hmm!! I wonder if Ridge would take a bribe to stop posting for a while!!😀👍

Away into the offline section and gawp at a few Milly reruns that should cheer you up😀👍

Maybe you need to take your own advice.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ridgerunner said:

Maybe you need to take your own advice.

It was a joke,if you stop posting then that will stop my pal Rob from posting.Just my weird sense of humour.😥You have gone and spoiled it now😁

No you keep right on with whatever you want to say it's an open forum.👍

19 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

The "political crap" I spoke of between Trump and Biden is U.S. internal politics, and since you are not a U.S. citizen is probably none of your fucking business.  Biden keeps hammering Trump about not encouraging people to wear masks, and apparently it is Biden supporters (young people) who are not wearing masks and practicing social distancing in Florida.

Don't know how Trump can encourage others to wear a mask when he refuses to put one on.  Not much of a leader if he can't lead by example.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2