Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #4

27 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

You need to ask the African-American population that question. It's sort of an out dated term. In the 1950s colored people was the PC term, but not anymore.

What is the PC term for them these days in the states then?

4 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

How would I know the true reason for your post when I saw no connection between the "Essential Guide" and Berensen's book?  As far as I knew "Essential Guide" was a different book written by someone other than Berensen. As far as Amazon, I have never bought anything there and I never will  as long as Jeff Bezos is the CEO, so I know nothing about their web page.

That didn't stop you from making a completely irrelevant, disparaging
remark about a post that had absolutely nothing to do with you.

First of all, the post was for Foamy to let him know his link worked. It
was NOT for you. Secondly, I posted the link to the book, which has
the title of the book right in it. All you had to do was read and click the
link and all would have been revealed.

But, that couldn't happen because you have your head up Dumpy's ass,
so you hate Bezos, just like he does and probably only because he does.
We should call you little Dumpy. BTW, that is NOT a compliment.

"As far as Amazon, I have never bought anything there and I never will  as long as Jeff Bezos is the CEO"

That's what my Grandmother used to call, cutting off your nose to
spite your face.

And you STILL haven't responded to the reason I sent my first post.

15 hours ago, Robwin said:

My apologies i misunderstood your earlier post.

But why is the term coloured considered racist in the USA? That is a perfectly normal term used in the UK.

This might help, but using various terms to describe people of color is still different for the different races  (ie--it is ok for a black person to call another one a Nig___, but not ok for a white person use the N word)

WWW.CHICAGOTRIBUNE.COM

After an earlier column, emails poured in from white people who said they had no idea that “colored” was offensive.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, happyone said:

This might help, but using various terms to describe people of color is still different for the different races  (ie--it is ok for a black person to call another one a Nig___, but not ok for a white person use the N word)

WWW.CHICAGOTRIBUNE.COM

After an earlier column, emails poured in from white people who said they had no idea that “colored” was offensive.

To be honest until the blacks or coloureds get rid of that massive chip on their shoulders nothing will ever improve. Yes they may well have been badly treated many many decades ago, slave trade and all that, but to keep harping on about past history ain't gonna help them at all in fact it's just making it worse. The white community ain't helping much either.JMO.

• Like 3

Now that the racial protests are winding down the news media will soon be pushing the covid-19 crisis again.  Once again stressing how we need to continue to keep the economy shutdown because of the certain second wave that will soon be upon us. Time to drag out "doom and gloom" Dr. Fauci with another dire warning.

1 minute ago, StnCld316 said:

That ought to make Bone Spurs happy.   :biggrin:

Today I moved another $1000 from a money market account into two stock accounts just like I moved $4000 during the last big collapse. That paid off big time for me. Hope my latest move does too.:cool:

7 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Today I moved another $1000 from a money market account into two stock accounts just like I moved $4000 during the last big collapse. That paid off big time for me. Hope my latest move does too.:cool:

Making money from disasters eh, very mercenary

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Robwin said:

No, just helped to offset losses in one of my other retirement accounts which was fully invested in stock funds when the disaster struck. I enjoy making money more than I enjoy losing money. Does that make me evil?

5 hours ago, Robwin said:

A buck is a buck no matter which way you look at it. If money can be made during depressing times it's best to go for it if you have the disposable income available.