Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #4

TOTAL TESTS REPORTED
POSITIVE TESTS
POSITIVE TESTS REPORTED
PERCENT POSITIVE
% OF POSITIVE TESTS
9%

United States cases
Updated Aug 6 at 5:23 PM local
Confirmed

Deaths

Recovered
I tend to believe the actual numbers below and that would be 7.6 positive infection rete per test administered. That is a 3.25% death rate per infection in the US and worldwide it remains at 3.76%. With 18 plus million confirmed cases worldwide, we still have a long way to go to even get close to Between April 12, 2009, and April 10, 2010, the CDC estimates swine flu caused 60.8 million illnesses. We still have 7 months to go though. and we could reach those numbers, although I believe in the next couple of months there will many different vaccines that will curb the growth of the CHINA VIRUS. The US has tested more people than that all of the rest of worlds population combined as of 8-5-20.
That is because of President Trumps failure..........(NOT)
If that is the case than President Obama failed just about as bad if not worse with the H1N1 virus.

THE REAL FACTS and not the BS I read above.
ALL the countries in the world should get together and go hang Xi Jinping and his communist party leadership that chose to infect and inflict such great harm on the world by the fucking balls, then take sword and chop them off and shove um down his throat infected with COVID-19.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, letsdothis said:

Misleading and misinformation. The recovery rate in the US is 51%. It
doesn't make a bit of difference what it is in one state.

In addition, at least 29 new coronavirus deaths and 1,876 new cases
were reported in Illinois on Aug. 5. Over the past week, there have been
an average of 1,644 cases per day, an increase of 32 percent from the
average two weeks earlier.

As of Thursday afternoon, there have been at least 190,101 cases and
7,795 deaths in Illinois since the beginning of the pandemic. That's
1500 cases per 100,000 people.

And the vast majority of the cases and deaths in Illinois were in the Democrat run Chicago and Cook County.

57 minutes ago, Alladino said:
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

It was the first time Facebook took down a post by Mr. Trump’s campaign for spreading virus misinformation, but it did not signal a change to the...

But there is no liberal progressive bias at Facebook and Twitter. How long before Facebook and Twitter start making campaign commercials for Joe Biden?  Also, the Twitter employee who censored Trump's Twitter account use to be press secretary for Kamala Harris.   

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

I just checked YouTube. The March interview with Dr. Fauci where he said there was no benefit for American citizens to wear face masks as protection from covid-19 is still on YouTube. Wonder why that misleading video has not been removed?:huh:

Well the general opinion is that there is no real protection from covid by wearing face masks or very little, the main advantage, to wearing one ,so they say, is more stopping it being passed on if you have it. you pays your money and takes your choice eh.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Thestarider said:

I tend to believe the actual numbers below and that would be 7.6 positive infection rete per test administered. That is a 3.25% death rate per infection in the US and worldwide it remains at 3.76%.

Hey Starider,

I don't know if this was in response to my post, but I wasn't talking
about the death rate, just the recovery rate.

2 hours ago, Thestarider said:

The US has tested more people than that all of the rest of worlds population combined as of 8-5-20.

There's simply no way to justify that. if you add the total tests performed
by just the next 3 countries after the US, Brazil, India and Russia, it comes
to more than 65,000,000. That's well more than the 63+ million performed
by the US and that's just three countries.

48 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

Hey Starider,

I don't know if this was in response to my post, but I wasn't talking
about the death rate, just the recovery rate.

There's simply no way to justify that. if you add the total tests performed
by just the next 3 countries after the US, Brazil, India and Russia, it comes
to more than 65,000,000. That's well more than the 63+ million performed
by the US and that's just three countries.

The 51% recovery rate you gave for the U.S. is totally misleading because of all the new cases.  New cases cannot be declared resolved for at least 14 days after a positive test, so if you have a large number of new cases the the recovery rate will automatically be lowered in the short term just because of the recovery period.   As time passes and the vast majority of those newly infected people recover the recovery rate will go up.  

BREAKING NEWS!  ACCORDING TO THE AP THE GOVERNOR OF OHIO HAS JUST TESTED NEGATIVE FOR COVID-19 AFTER TESTING POSITIVE EARLIER TODAY.  LMAO   So how many of the recent positive tests in the U.S. are also bogus?  But the general public doesn't get second tests they are just forced to isolate for 14 days based upon the original positive diagnosis. :sad:   

3 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

BREAKING NEWS!  ACCORDING TO THE AP THE GOVERNOR OF OHIO HAS JUST TESTED NEGATIVE FOR COVID-19 AFTER TESTING POSITIVE EARLIER TODAY.  LMAO   So how many of the recent positive tests in the U.S. are also bogus?  But the general public doesn't get second tests they are just forced to isolate for 14 days based upon the original positive diagnosis. :sad:   

The tests are not 100% correct, that was clear from the beginning and is no surprise. Sure, this also means that some people with false positive results have to stay at home unnecessarily, but that is still proportionate.