Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #4

6 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

I see the R value in Germany has shot up to 2.88, largely due to over 1000  workers at a meat processing plant testing positive for COVID...and we were told here that the Germans were the world leaders in handling the pandemic...:dodgy:

Only when Volkswagon produce the figures 😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ridgerunner said:

Like I said before, it will take a number of years to determine how successful national covid-19 strategies were. Any long term evaluation needs to include not only a death tally from covid-19, but also damage to a nation's economy.  Long term damage to an economic system can also cause deaths.

I agree Ridge...It was said sort of tongue in cheek because not all of us were shouting from the rafters and bragging how well our country handled the pandemic...I just thought I'd just like to mention it because someone's arrogance has come back to bite him on the arsehere, but don't want to open up another whole can of worms, ...

image.jpeg.01a5bf29d689adf74d9ae520833d896b.jpeg

I'm not happy how UK have handled it, and we could see a second wave with all the lifting of restrictions...too early, imo...But I won't comment on other countries strategies...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nagachilli2 said:

I agree Ridge...It was said sort of tongue in cheek because not all of us were shouting from the rafters and bragging how well our country handled the pandemic...I just thought I'd just like to mention it because someone's arrogance has come back to bite him on the arsehere, but don't want to open up another whole can of worms, ...

I'm not happy how UK have handled it, and we could see a second wave with all the lifting of restrictions...too early, imo...But I won't comment on other countries strategies...

Personally, I think economies should be opened up with actions taken to protect those most at danger of dying from the virus. Special precautions should be taken to protect nursing home residents. The last figure I heard was that 52% of covid-19 deaths in the U.S. were nursing home residents. With increased testing in the U.S. we are discovering numerous people who are infected but not sick.  I believe the virus just needs to run it's course through the younger healthy population.  The other option is to keep everything shut down while waiting for a vaccine which may never appear. 

2 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

Referring to Foamy the Squirrel comment on stupid people the Political Satire thread-- if stupid people would follow the common sense rules--social distancing, wear a fucking mask, wash your hands, sanitize surfaces, but most importantly

be aware of your surroundings and what you do, then IMO the 2nd wave can be avoided without re closing down the world.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, happyone said:

Referring to Foamy the Squirrel comment on stupid people the Political Satire thread-- if stupid people would follow the common sense rules--social distancing, wear a fucking mask, wash your hands, sanitize surfaces, but most importantly

be aware of your surroundings and what you do, then IMO the 2nd wave can be avoided without re closing down the world.

I agree...Sadly in UK, 1 of key instructions from Boris and the team is BE AWARE...and i'm not sure all the population will adhere to that...😏

The pubs open their doors here 4th July...could be a case of COVID-19 2nd wave born on 4th July...🙄

3 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

I agree...Sadly in UK, 1 of key instructions from Boris and the team is BE AWARE...and i'm not sure all the population will adhere to that...😏

The pubs open their doors here 4th July...could be a case of COVID-19 2nd wave born on 4th July...🙄

Guess you will be walking by those pubs, then, and not be sharing a brew with Ted. 😏

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Every time fucking "Doom and Gloom" King Fauci speaks the stock market crashes.:angry:

Another 709 Points downward    I don't think it was all caused by Fauci.  Bone Spurs decided to slap 10% Tariffs on Canadian Aluminum for whatever purpose I don't know but rest assure Canada will go back to placing Tariffs on many American goods just as before. The Cost of doing Business will rise in hurting economic times no one comes out a winner not even Trump.