Leora, Malia General Chat Topic #40 2020 June

happyone

2 minutes ago, Pepe said:

I paid dearly for being negative and nasty towards her a couple of years ago I lost a good friendship. I got caught up in all the negativity at the time and said some hurtful things.

I know where you're coming from ! Likewise!

• Like 5

Guest Slipper Guyquad
8 minutes ago, Pepe said:

I paid dearly for being negative and nasty towards her a couple of years ago I lost a good friendship. I got caught up in all the negativity at the time and said some hurtful things.

Sorry to read that. But you showed you understood and have turned that round. And that is a very positive attitude. We all can vent frustration at times and it causes a problem. That is life. But you are showing you care about people and THAT is what matters. 👍

Often something written is actually not for an attack but is actually from the point of a wounded fan, and rather then negative, it is actually from a sadness that something has changed or altered.

3 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

I just want to say that I meant no disrespect to Leora, Malia, or this forum with the posts I have made in this thread today.  If any of you feel I was disrespectful please tell me.

I don't see you as being disrespectful. Not exactly sure where your change in attitude has come from, but it's quite welcomed from me.

Criticism is OK, but it becomes a problem when the same people mostly criticize most of the time.

I will continue to defend her the best I can. She's not able to do it herself anymore.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Just now, slipper guyquad said:

Sorry to read that. But you showed you understood and have turned that round. And that is a very positive attitude. We all can vent frustration at times and it causes a problem. That is life. But you are showing you care about people and THAT is what matters. 👍

Thank you for saying that. I have recently had a major turning point in my thinking.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Pepe said:

I don't see you as being disrespectful. Not exactly sure where your change in attitude has come from, but it's quite welcomed from me.

Criticism is OK, but it becomes a problem when the same people mostly criticize most of the time.

I will continue to defend her the best I can. She's not able to do it herself anymore.

Like you and I Pepe, attitudes can change for many different reasons.....some even without explanation.

• Like 6

Guest Slipper Guyquad
6 minutes ago, Pepe said:

Thank you for saying that. I have recently had a major turning point in my thinking.

We all have things that affect us. Personally speaking, and i did not think i would talk about this (!) but i am happy to, watching the girls and contributing to the forum help me right now. I am the carer for my elderly mother who in the early stages of dementia. So here and that apartment is a very welcome respite! And that is why sometimes things i see on rlc or things i read get to me.....Probably much much more than they should in fact. But anyway, not saying any of this for sympathy at all. Just stating something out. We all have our own problems in our own lives and we would not be on rlc or this forum if we did not want to! 👍

1 minute ago, Pepe said:

To be honest Pepe I'm not sure either lol.  I guess it's one of those.....if you can't beat them, join them kind of things.  As long as there is a balance in your defense of her, I should be able to get back to the way I used to be many years ago.  I don't know if it's just me or not but I have a problem when it comes to being defended 100% of the time.  There just needs to be more of a balance with criticisms both positive and negative....i'm sorry if you don't understand what i'm trying to say but it is honestly how i feel about it.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, slipper guyquad said:

We all have things that affect us. Personally speaking, and i did not think i would talk about this (!) but i am happy to, watching the girls and contributing to the forum help me right now. I am the carer for my elderly mother who in the early stages of dementia. So here and that apartment is a very welcome respite! And that is why sometimes things i see or things i read get to me.....Probably much much more than they should in fact. But anyway, not saying any of this for sympathy at all. Just stating something out. We all have our own problems in our own lives and we would not be on rlc or this forum if we did not want to! 👍

Kudos to you brother!!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

To be honest Pepe I'm not sure either lol.  I guess it's one of those.....if you can't beat them, join them kind of things.  As long as there is a balance in your defense of her, I should be able to get back to the way I used to be many years ago.  I don't know if it's just me or not but I have a problem when it comes to being defended 100% of the time.  There just needs to be more of a balance with criticisms both positive and negative....i'm sorry if you don't understand what i'm trying to say but it is honestly how i feel about it.

HF...I don't think anyone has any problem with differences of opinions, it wouldn't do for us all to be the same. As long as it is done honestly and respectfully there should never be problems..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jimbo4 said:

HF...I don't think anyone has any problem with differences of opinions, it wouldn't do for us all to be the same. As long as it is done honestly and respectfully there should never be problems..

yes sir, i agree and thats what i'm striving for the best I can anyway

• Like 3