Forum Software Issues

StnCld316

1 hour ago, HarleyFatboy said:

I wonder then if he didn't do his backup a different way than normal yesterday?  I very seldom experience the sluggishness like there was yesterday.

I don't know how the backups are done. I just know they are an important part saving data so if the system should ever crash you have a backup of 99.9% of everything. 

I just know the basics but I am far from any IT knowledge.  Admin could explain it in better detail than what I could.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

I wonder then if he didn't do his backup a different way than normal yesterday?  I very seldom experience the sluggishness like there was yesterday.

Hi Harley,I don't have a clue what you are all talking about which means I don't have to think about it!!👍

You won't hear me complaining cos first of all you have to know what you are complaining about.😀

Have you ever thought that there might be quite a lot of CC members like me who are not very P.C. literate.

Yesterday I did my first ever video call via zoom and the state I got myself in before it!!!😥but it actually went ok.Maybe I should have had a practice run with a family member first because this was a business call.However being an old dude doesn't mean I can't learn new stuff.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dave 27 said:

Hi Harley,I don't have a clue what you are all talking about which means I don't have to think about it!!👍

You won't hear me complaining cos first of all you have to know what you are complaining about.😀

Have you ever thought that there might be quite a lot of CC members like me who are not very P.C. literate.

Yesterday I did my first ever video call via zoom and the state I got myself in before it!!!😥but it actually went ok.Maybe I should have had a practice run with a family member first because this was a business call.However being an old dude doesn't mean I can't learn new stuff.

Always learning Dave. No matter how old you are. 

learnmore.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

Hi Dave,  I don't really have a clue what i'm talking about either....hell, just ask anyone and they'll tell you lol.  As for the CC members being PC literate,  there is a bunch of old bastards on this forum but if you really got down to brass tacks, i bet there is a lot more of the younger crowd on this forum than there is of us old farts lol.  So, yeah....i think you and I would both be surprised how PC literate most of the forum members are!!

I remember sitting on a deer stand when my first video call happened about 6 years ago....I almost fell out that sumbitch lol.  It was from my daughter and she wanted me to say hi to a coworker of hers.....she's was trying to play match maker lol.  I told my daughter later that I applauded her efforts but in the future to never do that again during deer season lol.

It's a techie world we live in today and all us old timers can do is try to hang on for the ride and learn what we can.  I say to not be afraid and dive in and see what happens!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

Hey Rob......You should hear what Dave said about you!!  😆

Yeah yeah don't worry i get used to hearing from the scottish tosser and his babblings its a wonder he can manage to turn the fucking computer on lol. He does have a funny 5mins every so often when he is sort of complementary. I bet when someone mentioned zoom he thought he was getting a fucking ice lolly 😁

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Yeah yeah don't worry i get used to hearing from the scottish tosser and his babblings its a wonder he can manage to turn the fucking computer on lol. He does have a funny 5mins every so often when he is sort of complementary. I bet when someone mentioned zoom he thought he was getting a fucking ice lolly 😁

Good ice lolly. No had one of them for years. Good call. LOL 

Zoom (1).jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3