Forum Software Issues

5 hours ago, Robwin said:

@StnCld316 Still don't have the anonymous option showing on login and my name is still showing on the online users list as being greyed out.

Greyed out means anonymous only you and and Mods or Admins will be able to see this. 

I have sent Admin a list of things that need to be looked after and the Anonymous thing was on the list. 

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Over the last couple of months or so we have been experiencing issues with the forum software we are currently using. Some issues we currently face are changing of Avatars and/or Cover-Photos, creating New PM's, viewing Attachments from the Attachment Center as well as a few other issues.  There is a new version of forum software in the works. When it's to be released is unknown at the present time. I myself check the software developers website almost on a daily basis trying to see if ther

Hi Harley,I don't have a clue what you are all talking about which means I don't have to think about it!!👍 You won't hear me complaining cos first of all you have to know what you are complaining about.😀 Have you ever thought that there might be quite a lot of CC members like me who are not very P.C. literate. Yesterday I did my first ever video call via zoom and the state I got myself in before it!!!😥but it actually went ok.Maybe I should have had a practice run with a family mem

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Greyed out means anonymous only you and and Mods or Admins will be able to see this. 

I have sent Admin a list of things that need to be looked after and the Anonymous thing was on the list. 

Yeah am quite happy with that but the anonymous is not there as an option when you log in so am unable to use it either way. Thanks again, you must be getting pissed off with all these query's lol

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Yeah am quite happy with that but the anonymous is not there as an option when you log in so am unable to use it either way. Thanks again, you must be getting pissed off with all these query's lol

Does not bother me as I just report what's going on to Admin to get things fixed.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, masterchef56 said:

Hello Moderators,I just wonder what happened to the "Choose language" button,can´t find it anywhere.It was very useful for all of us that only understand english,and I´m

certain that we are many here at the forum.Sometimes they write in their own language then I could use it so I could read the post.Hope you put it back,need it,thank you.

The easiest way i have found is if you have Google translate installed in your browser all you have to do is to highlight the foreign language text and a pop up window will show the text translated in whatever language you need.

3 hours ago, masterchef56 said:

Hello Moderators,I just wonder what happened to the "Choose language" button,can´t find it anywhere.It was very useful for all of us that only understand english,and I´m

certain that we are many here at the forum.Sometimes they write in their own language then I could use it so I could read the post.Hope you put it back,need it,thank you.

At the bottom of the page you will see an item named Theme.  Change the Theme from IPS Default to Default. Once that is changed the Google Translate for Languages will appear just above.

• Thanks 3
9 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

...Let's say a forum member clears all the topics in any particular apartment thread.  The next time the member logs in to the forum and goes back to that apartment thread, there are four topics that have new posts in them but instead of them starting at the top of the thread by priority, they are scattered about.  I hope this makes sense!

Harley, I'm not sure if this will do what you want, but it's worth a look.

1. Click your userid in the top right corner of any page
  2. Click Account Settings
  3. Click Content View Behavior

I hope that will help.

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Robwin said:

Most of us our i imagine apart from the rich fuckers who think Apple is the best thing since sliced bread :biggrin: I'm still on a 3yr old Samsung J5 still seems to work ok. Am still trying to think of a valid reason to upgrade now but not gonna pay silly bloody money.

My phone is over 4 years old and works just fine. I have better things to spend my money on. My company pays for it, but I hate learning a new phone. I can operate this one in the dark with just a quick look.

the question is continuous. where is going the box of settings on top of right corner when you clicking on the other theme of default? is there anyone can helps me to understand that.it's not A complex mathematical issue in fact it's gap hole of software update.🤓

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, one cent said:

the question is continuous. where is going the box of settings on top of right corner when you clicking on the other theme of default? is there anyone can helps me to understand that.it's not A complex mathematical issue in fact it's gap hole of software update.🤓

spacer.png

spacer.png

The theme has always been set that way ever since we began using this software.  It's nothing new.

2 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

The theme has always been set that way ever since we began using this software.  It's nothing new.

Perhaps that is not so new for you as the Admin of this Forum, for me it's new actually that's first time i which see it,in my opinion it seems as weak point in the other theme default and on the software update.and i don't know if you think the same but the best solution to this problem is to install the software on one main theme.

16 hours ago, one cent said:

Perhaps that is not so new for you as the Admin of this Forum, for me it's new actually that's first time i which see it,in my opinion it seems as weak point in the other theme default and on the software update.and i don't know if you think the same but the best solution to this problem is to install the software on one main theme.

I am not the person who wrote the Software. Maybe if you take it up with the Software Developer maybe they could implement what you want in a future update.

6 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

I am not the person who wrote the Software. Maybe if you take it up with the Software Developer maybe they could implement what you want in a future update.

if that is the name of the Developer for this software i'm on his page currently.

spacer.png