Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #5

Pepe

6 hours ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Yes, agree, especially since no one will know until after the event. By then it becomes worthy of historical studies -- we call it "Monday morning quarterbacking" where I live.

I think it would have been more helpful to quarantine the sick, the elderly, and those that have health problems, and keep them away from the healthy working young people. I know more people who are financially ruined and/or have serious unattended medical problems because of the shut down, than I do people who have contracted the virus. I'm in that first group on both accounts, incidentally, so I'm not talking selfishly. The collateral damage is already enormous. Worry not, however, I'm not in the growing suicide group.

I prefer to "Always look on the bright side of life." (Eric Idle reference, here.)

I agree the solutions are complex, but I have yet to see an "expert" who knows what they hell they're talking about, and I have yet to see a politician who is not taking political advantage of the situation. Hell, Pelosi even got millions for gender studies in Pakistan into her goddamn Covid bill. Nothing like giving every citizen a $600 paycheck that ultimately will cost those same individual citizens hundreds of thousands of dollars each to pay for. This situation certainly isn't any better anywhere else in the world, either. Except maybe China.

Thankfully, Orange Man delivered and the vaccine appears to be the best solution for help the natural herd immunity along its inevitable path.

It makes you wonder how politicians and the people worldwide reacted to the Spanish flu back in 1918 when medicine was not so advanced as today.At least 50 million died  and no laboratories able to create effective vaccines in ten months back then.We should all be thankful but at the same time sparing a thought for families who have lost loved ones.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

The state of California has been tightly locked down for almost a year while the state of Florida has allowed a more open economy. A years worth of data now shows that the states have almost identical rates of covid-19 infections. 

That is why people who really care about the future of Califonrnia have a recall petition circulating to get rid of this Democratic authoritarian, policies which are ruining California even further.  

• Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 11:53 AM, happyone said:

That is why people who really care about the future of Califonrnia have a recall petition circulating to get rid of this Democratic authoritarian, policies which are ruining California even further.  

There are far more reasons why Newsom has a recall against him than the Covid problem. We're talking tax, huge benefits for non-tax paying illegal immigrants, sanctuary cities for Mexican Cartels (they don't need no stinkin' badges, they have campaign funds) and China's obvious infiltration of our political officials.

But, alas, the Newsom, Pelosi, and Biden families will just get richer while we are chained into servitude for their benefit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • StnCld316 unpinned and locked this topic