Footy #1

nagachilli2

3 minutes ago, van the man said:

Sadly not. The fucking tossers did it again. If i was at the game I would boo the cunts as loud as I could. 

Oh must have missed that only started viewing at the national anthem and they were all in a line then.

6 hours ago, Robwin said:

Well 1-0 is a good start 👍

Played pretty well in spells, especially 1st 20 mins. Would like to see Jack Grealish sooner rather than later though...He reminds me of Gazza, only with more brain cells...A matchwinner!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

Played pretty well in spells, especially 1st 20 mins. Would like to see Jack Grealish sooner rather than later though...He reminds me of Gazza, only with more brain cells...A matchwinner!

Yeah pretty competent display i must say,boding well lets hope they don't fuck it up. Even though he scored am still not a Sterling fan really,think i prefer Rashford.

• Like 1

My brief analysis so far...

England...A good 20 mins against Croatia, who are a good team, and then just contained them. But us Brits got a bit carried away (as usual). Came down to earth against the Scots, who deserved to win. Still very worried about our 2 central defenders..No chance!

Wales were great against Turkey, but even Sunderland would've maybe got a point against them...Struggled against classy Italy tonight, but deserved to go through...and another chance to hear their great 'National Anthem'...There are so many good ones..Eg Wales, Italy, Germany and France, why is ours so shite!

Italy...Class! No real worldies, but a real team, and their bench slot in perfectly when they come on...8 changes tonight, and they were a well oiled machine...My favourites now...so they won't win ha!

France are good, Mbappe looking good, but some of there other 'stars' not really performing, such as Griezmann...Does he ever in a major competition? Totally overrated imo...

Spain are lacking in world class players now, lacking in ideas and flair...a pale shadow of their past great sides...

Belgium are picking up speed, now De Bruyne back on the scene...Definitely one to watch

Portugal showed against Germany that their defence, if pressurised, is all over the place...they might fall at the next hurdle.. 

Germany are, well, Germany...Not a great squad, but you'd be a fool to EVER write them off...

And, sorry guys, but Scotland might struggle to get through to the playoffs...Their big Euro performance was against us...

The winners will be Italy, Belgium or France...Italy for me...they have a really strong squad, are on an amazing run, and to beat them you have to score against them...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

England...A good 20 mins against Croatia, who are a good team, and then just contained them. But us Brits got a bit carried away (as usual). Came down to earth against the Scots, who deserved to win. Still very worried about our 2 central defenders..No chance!

Wales were great against Turkey, but even Sunderland would've maybe got a point against them...Struggled against classy Italy tonight, but deserved to go through...and another chance to hear their great 'National Anthem'...There are so many good ones..Eg Wales, Italy, Germany and France, why is ours so shite!

Italy...Class! No real worldies, but a real team, and their bench slot in perfectly when they come on...8 changes tonight, and they were a well oiled machine...My favourites now...so they won't win ha!

France are good, Mbappe looking good, but some of there other 'stars' not really performing, such as Griezmann...Does he ever in a major competition? Totally overrated imo...

Spain are lacking in world class players now, lacking in ideas and flair...a pale shadow of their past great sides...

Belgium are picking up speed, now De Bruyne back on the scene...Definitely one to watch

Portugal showed against Germany that their defence, if pressurised, is all over the place...they might fall at the next hurdle.. 

Germany are, well, Germany...Not a great squad, but you'd be a fool to EVER write them off...

And, sorry guys, but Scotland might struggle to get through to the playoffs...Their big Euro performance was against us...

The winners will be Italy, Belgium or France...Italy for me...they have a really strong squad, are on an amazing run, and to beat them you have to score against them...

Fully agree. For me Croatia is kind of disappointing. Expected more from them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

Hi Naga,I tipped Belgium to win this but until De Bruyne came on at half time v Denmark? they looked very ordinary however they're picking up the pace now but as you say Italy are looking good.What I'm finding difficult is that so many of the teams are in semi transition with stand out players pretty much at the beginning of their careers,Spain are one of them, even Italy,Holland as well.

The England Scotland game was interesting😏inasmuch there wasn't a helluva lot of "football" played we just had to roll our sleeves up and stifle your midfield with sheer hard work which your team didn't seem to have an awful lot of.Harry going off and bringing on Rashford who has been pretty guff recently with Man U definitely didn't work.However England are through and we have to beat Croatia which I don't think will happen as they are picking up after a slow start but fingers crossed.Congrats to fighting 10 man Wales👍Looking forward to the rest of the Comp.

• Like 1