Footy #1

nagachilli2

1 minute ago, nagachilli2 said:

My team are in the 3rd tier of the English football league...Pretty apt really, because the part of UK I live, NE England, have just been put into the 3rd tier of Covid guidelines...in other words almost total lockdown...😒

Is it  league 1 or 2 ? I would  guess League 1 after premier and championship ..  And which team ? I know them all in the UK due to betting 😉

1 minute ago, ddhm said:

Is it  league 1 or 2 ? I would  guess League 1 after premier and championship ..  And which team ? I know them all in the UK due to betting 😉

League 1...I'm too ashamed to tell :blush:

The clue is in my previous post...:tongue:

8 hours ago, ddhm said:

Football for us here in Europe is soccer for you in the USA . I personally only watch the Super Bowl , the rules is always kind of difficult to understand to watch the American football . 

Yo ddhm, I enjoy our national soccer teams in the world tournaments. Our soccer league here the States is pretty horrible. But our Football is my favorite sport to watch. There are too many rules in my opinion. I got one comment, why don't soccer players stop falling down and pretend they're injured. They fall down and roll around like they have a compound fracture. Then 2 minutes later they run around like nothing happened. It should be a penalty or something.

1 hour ago, ashleyxyz said:

Yo ddhm, I enjoy our national soccer teams in the world tournaments. Our soccer league here the States is pretty horrible. But our Football is my favorite sport to watch. There are too many rules in my opinion. I got one comment, why don't soccer players stop falling down and pretend they're injured. They fall down and roll around like they have a compound fracture. Then 2 minutes later they run around like nothing happened. It should be a penalty or something.

Cheating is part of every game , some of the biggest soccer players could be Oscar winners for best male performance 😂🤣 They do this because they can affect the decision of the referee easier against the opposite team and in favor of their own .. but now there’s video assistance and it isn’t so easy to cheat like in the past . 

Your soccer league is fresh and not with enough experience but it has made giant steps forward in comparison to not even 20 years . Lots of wooed class players have joined the league , of course the majority due to the big money contracts , but hey , it is professional sportsmanship . I mean , even David Beckham has a team there now and I think it will get even better as i said . But it will be difficult for soccer to overcome the popularity of NFL and NBA , it is normal . 

At the end , sports will always be a good escape to watch at this high level they play 😊

5 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

Ok, since nobody asked, I'm a Sunderland fan for my sins...a 'big team' sadly in decline..😞

Liverpool have always been my 2nd team, btw...

Tbh in the previous years before getting relegated, you were always on the verge of relegation but somehow survived like Wigan lmao, also the choice of managers were done just to avoid relegation like Sam Allardyce, Dick Advocaat and David Moyes. There was no ambition. Stadium of Light is an iconic place but shame what it has suffered in last few years

1 minute ago, coolcucumber said:

Tbh in the previous years before getting relegated, you were always on the verge of relegation but somehow survived like Wigan lmao, also the choice of managers were done just to avoid relegation like Sam Allardyce, Dick Advocaat and David Moyes. There was no ambition. Stadium of Light is an iconic place but shame what it has suffered in last few years

sad star trek GIF