Footy #1

nagachilli2

1 hour ago, coolcucumber said:

Tbh in the previous years before getting relegated, you were always on the verge of relegation but somehow survived like Wigan lmao, also the choice of managers were done just to avoid relegation like Sam Allardyce, Dick Advocaat and David Moyes. There was no ambition. Stadium of Light is an iconic place but shame what it has suffered in last few years

That's a long way around to just saying they were shite. lol 😁  Joking!

I've been to the old Roker park 4 of times, it was a case of can you get back to the train station without getting in a scrap. No you can not, not in those days. 🙂 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HappyChappie said:

I've been to the old Roker park 4 of times, it was a case of can you get back to the train station without getting in a scrap. No you can not, not in those days. 🙂 

Your opening line's true HC...🤣

But we're like a dormant volcano...just wait till we erupt! Liverpool, Spurs and Real Madrid will be shitting themselves if they draw us in the Champions league...😏

kids in the hall pig GIF by CBC

5 hours ago, HappyChappie said:

My dad took me to all the home games. I was a little short arse then (still am lol) and used to take my little stool to stand on so I could see, in the Roker end. That was a long time ago though, when I was 26...😏

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

Your opening line's true HC...🤣

But we're like a dormant volcano...just wait till we erupt! Liverpool, Spurs and Real Madrid will be shitting themselves if they draw us in the Champions league...😏

kids in the hall pig GIF by CBC

Yep, I've been saying that for years too. 😉 Although we did beat Real Madrid in the CL a couple of years ago. 🙂 I think that was a last time Delli Ali had a good game too.

On 11/27/2020 at 3:44 PM, nagachilli2 said:

Ok, since nobody asked, I'm a Sunderland fan for my sins...a 'big team' sadly in decline..😞

Liverpool have always been my 2nd team, btw...

The wife of my supervisor is British and comes from Newcastle 😬🙄😳😉 I have heard already many stories of this rivalry 😎

What I know of football teams , the ones that they have a faith and loyal fans base , they never “ die “ , at the moment you aren’t at your best but it is just some years ago that you were at the Premier League 😊 You will be back better and stronger , more derbys needed to be seen except the traditional ones that we see every year 😊😇

I am a Manchester United fan as if my preferences of English football 🤩

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 6:48 PM, omedo said:

Here is one from the king of Europe...Real Madrid.

20110421dasdasftb_41.jpg.ef5ad2dcb28d213c707e69797ca7a037.jpg

The eternal question 😆 Is Zinedine Zidan a good coach or it just happened with the presence of Ronaldo to make the historical ( of this century ) 3 times in a row Champions League domination ? 

On 11/28/2020 at 12:37 AM, HappyChappie said:

Yep, I've been saying that for years too. 😉 Although we did beat Real Madrid in the CL a couple of years ago. 🙂 I think that was a last time Delli Ali had a good game too.

Reporters here in Greece they out Chelsea and Tottenham as possible candidates for the Championship  this year . Although I have the premier league package and I can watch all the games , due to the greek championship watching , i haven’t seen full games and only watch the highlights ... Tottenham seems very fresh and Chelsea with good ideas from Lambard ..Manchester City is going slow at the moment and have big problems with scoring , they create many chances but not many  goals ( the 5-0 was finally a game that they made it  this previous weekend ) .. Last but not least , Liverpool has tired players and Klop complains with the frequency of the games and I don’t think his bench can support Premier League , FA Cup and Champions League during this strange Covid season without actually the teams practice in the summer .. I could see Tottenham winning the title because of the mind games of Mourinio and his experiment at the highest coaching level when the games to just grab the points around spring comes ..

8 hours ago, HappyChappie said:

Amazing tie in the FA cup, Marine vs Tottenham. If the BBC don't show this tie their love for the FA cup and the romance is not worth shit. I bet they choose Villa vs Liverpool though.

I’ve read that it is the 2nd time in history that a team from the 8th division has made it this far .. the goalkeeper was actually buying the marine’s fans beers after the qualification at the previous  round dressed with his attire immediately after the game 😂

39 minutes ago, ddhm said:

The wife of my supervisor is British and comes from Newcastle 😬🙄😳😉 I have heard already many stories of this rivalry 😎

What I know of football teams , the ones that they have a faith and loyal fans base , they never “ die “ , at the moment you aren’t at your best but it is just some years ago that you were at the Premier League 😊 You will be back better and stronger , more derbys needed to be seen except the traditional ones that we see every year 😊😇

I am a Manchester United fan as if my preferences of English football 🤩

We sacked our manager 2 days ago lol!

I'm not surprised that you're a Man U fan, cos you're not from Manchester 🤣

• Haha 1