Naga's Kitchen Part #1

nagachilli2

I love food...both cooking it and eating it. After our discussion about 'faggots' earlier, I thought I'd create a new thread where we could discuss everything relating to food and drink...

Loosely connected...We got a new TV 2 days ago, and a new dishwasher today...Needless to say. Mrs Naga was much more excited about the dishwasher...I wasn't lol 🤣

...and drinking this right now 😁

image.jpeg.1fea44e348617abcc48a8519b1835d28.jpeg

8 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

I love food...both cooking it and eating it. After our discussion about 'faggots' earlier, I thought I'd create a new thread where we could discuss everything relating to food and drink...

Loosely connected...We got a new TV 2 days ago, and a new dishwasher today...Needless to say. Mrs Naga was much more excited about the dishwasher...I wasn't lol 🤣

...and drinking this right now 😁

image.jpeg.1fea44e348617abcc48a8519b1835d28.jpeg

I didn't know Jeff had created a beer😁👍

Anyway,talking food Margaret's making "Stovies" for dinner tonight and you may or may not have heard of them but here goes:

Ingredients are mainly potato,onions and the gravy from a roasted joint of beef.You take approx.a quarter of the gravy/stock plus 4 or 5 medium onions chopped and brown them off in a large pot.Then add the potato's to the stock/onions and cover with boiling water  and salt.About 10 minutes before the potato's are cooked add the remaining beef stock and allow to simmer for about 15/20 minutes.You can add good quality butchers sausages at the beginning if you want or maybe a cold meat at the serving stage,whatever as it is a very versatile and filling dish.👍

The story goes the lads had this before Bannockburn😁but the bastard who supplied the tatties didny turn up before Culloden😁

• Like 2

I side with Mrs. Naga. To hell with the TV. The dishwasher is much more useful. 

And Dave... The Stovies sound good to me, as long as that roast beef goes with it all. But you lost me with the last sentence. 😮

I love to eat. It's a wonder I don't weigh 500 pounds. I guess that I don't sit still long enough for the weight to stick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

Anyway,talking food Margaret's making "Stovies" for dinner tonight and you may or may not have heard of them but here goes:

Ingredients are mainly potato,onions and the gravy from a roasted joint of beef.You take approx.a quarter of the gravy/stock plus 4 or 5 medium onions chopped and brown them off in a large pot.Then add the potato's to the stock/onions and cover with boiling water  and salt.About 10 minutes before the potato's are cooked add the remaining beef stock and allow to simmer for about 15/20 minutes.You can add good quality butchers sausages at the beginning if you want or maybe a cold meat at the serving stage,whatever as it is a very versatile and filling dish.👍

The story goes the lads had this before Bannockburn😁but the bastard who supplied the tatties didny turn up before Culloden😁

Thanks Dave. Yes, I've heard of them. It sounds great! Probably a good dinner (or tea if you're not posh) on a Monday with leftover meat from the Sunday joint. 
Friday night's Italian night in our house. Not sure what I'm making yet but I'll let you know later 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TBG 150 said:

And Dave... The Stovies sound good to me, as long as that roast beef goes with it all. But you lost me with the last sentence. 😮

I love to eat. It's a wonder I don't weigh 500 pounds. I guess that I don't sit still long enough for the weight to stick.

You might have a point 🤣

I generally only watch foody programmes, footy, the news and Netflix...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TBG 150 said:

Hi TBG,Re the last sentence:I'll try not to bore you and keep it brief.

The Battle of Bannockburn(a rare victory for us Scots against the English,rare because they always outnumbered us being a larger nation)took place near Stirling in Scotland in the year 1314 and basically we kicked their butts.What I was jokingly referring too was that the Scottish army had a good feed of Stovies on the eve of battle.😁But the Battle of Culloden in 1746 the Scottish army was routed and my "joke" was that they hadn't had their Stovies👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

In other words potato stew :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Dave 27 said:

The Battle of Bannockburn(a rare victory for us Scots against the English,rare because they always outnumbered us being a larger nation)took place near Stirling in Scotland in the year 1314 and basically we kicked their butts.What I was jokingly referring too was that the Scottish army had a good feed of Stovies on the eve of battle.😁But the Battle of Culloden in 1746 the Scottish army was routed and my "joke" was that they hadn't had their Stovies👍

So not because we're harder?...😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

Not boring at all sir, if I'm learning some history from my Mother's country. I'm English, Scot, Italian and Sicilian.

• Thanks 2