B4 Girls On Vacation - General Topic 2021 #87 (August)

25 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

Years ago I took a one month sub to VHTV and I bet I didn't watch it for a weeks worth.  The problem that VHTV has compared to RLC from what I remember is that it looks like a cheap production studio no matter what apartment you went to.  If VHTV upgraded all their equipment and made it where you couldn't see cameras everywhere, and they had a better way for finding events that are missed, it would be a much better site.  It took time for RLC to get where they are today believe it or not.  The one thing that VHTV needs to do is try to look as professional as possible and if they are still like they were a few years ago then I can understand and agree with your post.

What is much better about RLC as far as you are concerned?  Is it talent based, production based, professionalism based, or what?  Just curious...

This post belongs in General Discussion, but I don't much care. It's an important subject. So here is your answer from me:

RLC went downhill when the Barc apartments got popular. These are young women who wanted to get the fuck out-of-their little impoverished towns in Ukraine and Russia, and wanted to explore the world. And the weather in Barcelona is decidedly better than some shitty little town in Siberia. The early ones were models that Nora had met or worked with. I honestly can't follow them anymore.

I preferred the "real life couples" of the original RLC mission statement. That would mean L&P in the old days --- Maya & Stepan, Lora & Meerkat, and many others. They just went about their lives and didn't go out of their way to play to the camera. Martina and Alberto and a couple others still live there, but I preferred to watch Krasnoyarsk. All that has changed.

I give credit to VHTV: their management has not shut us down, they really don't claim to be anything that they aren't, and they get a lot of comments and action from CC members. Fine. RLC, one the other hand, has gone to compete VHTV, and lost it's authenticity and mission statement.

To answer Harley's original question and post: They are both management based and driven in a way to get more hits than their competitors. This is how the Internet sites work. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1