Suggestion Board

Woof

5 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Regarding the idea of eli minating the "Sex Now!" and using the Chat Room for such announcements, Van has stated:

"I think removing the 'Oh my God etc etc' thread would be a mistake. I appreciate the thread is meant to be a quick shout out to forum members which can now be done more immediately through the Chat room but I think the thread gives everyone the chance to make a comment on the particular 'event' and is often entertaining to see what people think. We mustn't kill the fun in the name of efficiency!!!"

Feel free to post you opinions about this subject here so that we can consider the matter from all points of view. Thank you

I'm sorry but I have to totally agree with Van on this one!  In my opinion the chat feature has already killed the amount of posts in the forum threads!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the support. I agree that the chat room is killing contributions to the threads. Chat is fine but looking back at comments and formulating replies is far more entertaining. I know many people end up disagreeing and flame wars develop but this is far better than instant chat that disappears virtually immediately!

3 minutes ago, van the man said:

Thanks for the support. I agree that the chat room is killing contributions to the threads. Chat is fine but looking back at comments and formulating replies is far more entertaining. I know many people end up disagreeing and flame wars develop but this is far better than instant chat that disappears virtually immediately!

I couldn't agree more!

I'll put in my 2 cents about the chat room as well. The comments are too diverse, and the action too fast to really get much out of it. I much prefer the posts, the pictures, and the responses. A post provides the opportunity to open up a meaningful discussion - chat is simply reactions... much like discussions in a noisy bar.

5 minutes ago, alanohio said:

I'll put in my 2 cents about the chat room as well. The comments are too diverse, and the action too fast to really get much out of it. I much prefer the posts, the pictures, and the responses. A post provides the opportunity to open up a meaningful discussion - chat is simply reactions... much like discussions in a noisy bar.

Damn...you yankees can be spot on at times LMAO....well said Alan, well said!

OK, I'm not one to offer a bunch of suggestions since most of them there are probably pretty good reasons why you can't or wish not to - but this one "seems" simple and would make this site a lot easier to check on what's going on when you don't have a lot of time...

Is there any way to increase the number of recent posts shown on the home page? When we're pressed for time and only have a few minutes to check in, it would be great to log into the home page and see maybe the last 10 posts or so to catch up on the latest. As it is, we only get to see what's been posted - sometimes only - the last few minutes. It doesn't serve as a real overview.

4 minutes ago, alanohio said:

OK, I'm not one to offer a bunch of suggestions since most of them there are probably pretty good reasons why you can't or wish not to - but this one "seems" simple and would make this site a lot easier to check on what's going on when you don't have a lot of time...

Is there any way to increase the number of recent posts shown on the home page? When we're pressed for time and only have a few minutes to check in, it would be great to log into the home page and see maybe the last 10 posts or so to catch up on the latest. As it is, we only get to see what's been posted - sometimes only - the last few minutes. It doesn't serve as a real overview.

Have you looked at the Activities tab? It should provide you with what you're looking for. You can even create and save custom searches so that you can find specifically what you're looking for. As far as the homepage, it can be increased the problem is that when people post 10 images in a thread, all of those 10 images show up and it makes the homepage way too long.

3 hours ago, van the man said:

Here's the thing, there are very few major content posters on this site and there are a few hardcore chatters. Most of the chat is utterly irrelevant to the posts unless you like to hear what mikey (euromike) and I would like to do with Adele. It certainly isn't a reason for mikey and I to reduce our posts. Few of the other major posters are on chat and I have not noticed mikey reducing his posts. To me the site feels a bit different regardless of chat so maybe that's the reason. Added to which RLC has not been the most exciting place recently although it has maybe picked up in the last 48 hours starting with the 2Ks sexy bath and believe me I was continually prodding mikey to post. I think that also is a better way of indicating what is happening with multiple rooms being watched at the same time rather than hoping someone's put something on the comment board. 

7 minutes ago, BBsq69 said:

Here's the thing, there are very few major content posters on this site and there are a few hardcore chatters. Most of the chat is utterly irrelevant to the posts unless you like to hear what mikey (euromike) and I would like to do with Adele. It certainly isn't a reason for mikey and I to reduce our posts. Few of the other major posters are on chat and I have not noticed mikey reducing his posts. To me the site feels a bit different regardless of chat so maybe that's the reason. Added to which RLC has not been the most exciting place recently although it has maybe picked up in the last 48 hours starting with the 2Ks sexy bath and believe me I was continually prodding mikey to post. I think that also is a better way of indicating what is happening with multiple rooms being watched at the same time rather than hoping someone's put something on the comment board. 

The bottom line is, to each their own!  I have no problem with the people that want to be on chat having fun and talking about whatever puts wind in their sails, it's just not for me lol, I can't keep up.  While in chat, I want to participate but the words come and go so fast it's frustrating for me. I have to keep scrolling up to she what I might have missed while typing a response lol.  Just a personal preference kind of deal I guess.  I do think in time the threads will suffer more because of it...

Some good points though BBsq!!

1 hour ago, Admin said:

Have you looked at the Activities tab? It should provide you with what you're looking for. You can even create and save custom searches so that you can find specifically what you're looking for. As far as the homepage, it can be increased the problem is that when people post 10 images in a thread, all of those 10 images show up and it makes the homepage way too long.

Bingo!  I should kick myself in the butt for not checking "Activites" out. That's exactly what I was hoping for. Sorry for having a "blind eye" to the obvious :)

I have a question. Is there a way to change the all activities settings so that i don't have to read through who gave positive reputation to who? I just want to read the posts and not have to scroll through that.

Archived