What is Ruslan's function?

Ruslan seems to be a cross between an annoying pet and a plant.  When he isn't sitting on the sofa gazing into his laptop, he's lying in bed watching cartoons.  Katja started to beat him with a shoe the other day (sound is off so I have no idea why she did this) and it was the first time I saw him move faster than a sloth.  He appears to have no function here at all.

He is the biggest piece of shit alive. He wastes his life day after day. He doesn't deserve a good life. Being horizontal for 95% of his existence shows that he is hiding from everyday life. He needs drink and or drugs to function. The only reason he is with Katya is to sell her gorgeous ass!!!

I personally wonder if the previous reports of him having seizures might indicate epilepsy or well, something odd. That would, of course, make me want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

If anyone has researched this couple in depth, perhaps they could inform us more adequately about their background.

But somehow, I don't think anyone really wants to. Personally, I'm not interested in bashing RLC tenants that I know nothing about, and I admit total ignorance about this couple. But Katya is cute!

I personally wonder if the previous reports of him having seizures might indicate epilepsy or well, something odd. That would, of course, make me want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

If anyone has researched this couple in depth, perhaps they could inform us more adequately about their background.

But somehow, I don't think anyone really wants to. Personally, I'm not interested in bashing RLC tenants that I know nothing about, and I admit total ignorance about this couple. But Katya is cute!

"...Epilepsy" In this case, he should immediately stop wargames on the computer... and he never stops.

I once worked with a fellow that had epilepsy he was lazy to but he WORKED.  This guy seems like a mooch but it is hard to tell. I hope he is able to grow up and get a job.  working for a living might seem like a pain in the ass but at least you feel a level of accomplishment at a certain level. (if that makes sense)  If you don't feel that than you are a dirt bag.  This makes me wonder if these apartments really aren't staged in the U.S. and he is one of the people who say Government is giving me money to sit on my ass and sleep and play games then that's all I am going to do. 

I once worked with a fellow that had epilepsy he was lazy to but he WORKED.  This guy seems like a mooch but it is hard to tell. I hope he is able to grow up and get a job.  working for a living might seem like a pain in the ass but at least you feel a level of accomplishment at a certain level. (if that makes sense)  If you don't feel that than you are a dirt bag.  This makes me wonder if these apartments really aren't staged in the U.S. and he is one of the people who say Government is giving me money to sit on my ass and sleep and play games then that's all I am going to do.

I like the joke about it being staged in the U.S.  That said, however, were one to create an American-based version of RLC, one would need to have at least one couple who are tweakers.  Maybe another couple who are bikers (non-affiliated, of course), and perhaps a set of Oakland, California lesbian artists... or someone like that.