Are they leaving?

See

Now I get it. Ruslan has been looking for a job on the internet and got a job, but the job is in another town. He takes a TV, a stereo and a playstation. In addition, he packed two books. This explains why they are not packed Katya's goods, and kitchen goods. Maybe Katya is therefore much alone in the apartment, just as Angela was.

How do you know? They ordered some sushi for dinner, Ruslan prepared the drink and right before they started eating they clinked their glass! It's not customary in where I'm from but when I saw it I immediately suspected that they were celebrating something. Whatever it is, if Ruslan did finally get a job, I'm happy for both of them and I wish them well.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I get it. Ruslan has been looking for a job on the internet and got a job, but the job is in another town. He takes a TV, a stereo and a playstation. In addition, he packed two books. This explains why they are not packed Katya's goods, and kitchen goods. Maybe Katya is therefore much alone in the apartment, just as Angela was.

what he said

How do you know? They ordered some sushi for dinner, Ruslan prepared the drink and right before they started eating they clinked their glass! It's not customary in where I'm from but when I saw it I immediately suspected that they were celebrating something. Whatever it is, if Ruslan did finally get a job, I'm happy for both of them and I wish them well.

How can you be so specific about the new job for which Ruslan is hired and what are your sources of information to ensure that it leaves the city to another destination?

You master the Russian language, you can read lips or you can read computer screen or any correspondence in cyrillic ?

There are two reasons I would give Ruslan a hard time. Firstly he beats defenceless puppy dogs. Whatever his state of mind deliberately hurting another creature is despicable. Katya said nothing and did nothing to stop him so that makes her a piece of shit too.

Secondly, I get angry at the fact that two young people who are generally fit and healthy and reasonably wealthy (against 3rd world standards at least) choose to completely waste their lives sleeping, or staying horizontal watching TV in bed or smoking or drinking or eating shit takeaways. They show no interest in life outside a crappy apartment. They show little affection for each other. Ruslan seems indifferent to his partners need for love and affection.

They seem to find no pleasure in each other physically.

When I see people I love dying young I get angry at watching a good looking, fit young couple waste their lives.

Katya could be a model especially if she toned up by moving more than the number of steps it takes to walk from the bedroom to the kitchen and back.

I don't hate them but I do hate their lifestyle. I think we as observers will benefit from them leaving and they as a young couple should benefit by moving out.

Having said all that I am not sure dismantling the TV is a big clue to what is happening. Did I miss other signs?

It is a sure clue that a person is mature or maturing when they understand the value of health and youth and lament its waste.  I suspect people like Katya and Ruslan are mostly unaware of the speed with which those unlimited-opportunity days pass, rarely to return. So, Van, it looks like you are having some George Bernard Shaw moments here.  It's all true.

I thought the squirrel was going to issue a scoop but he had nothing new to tell us !  :(

Let him go back to sleep while waiting for the response of See

Squirrel pays little attention to this couple, or many of the other ones now days. Without Meerkat and Agent Dog, there's really no RLC tenant worth squirrel's time or effort.

Except maybe Leora and Maya's kittens...

How can you be so specific about the new job for which Ruslan is hired and what are your sources of information to ensure that it leaves the city to another destination?

You master the Russian language, you can read lips or you can read computer screen or any correspondence in cyrillic ?

I was so wrong. Katya just start packing her clothes. Looks like she is packing everything.  :(