Cool Machines thread

Congratulations! You have just won yourself 10 Foamy Points!  :woohoo:

Having the first remote controlled "toy" be a submarine is rather ambitious. I would have just done something simple, like a little car. But then, I'm not Nikola Tesla.

:offtopic:

Sorry, but my girlfriend wants to know when your coming back for your nuts. She had her fishnet tights on in the garden yesterday, and bent over to pick something up. All the birds thought she was a birdfeeder!! Total carnage!! Like something from a Hitchcock movie!! Your earliest attention would be appreciated!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:offtopic:

Sorry, but my girlfriend wants to know when your coming back for your nuts. She had her fishnet tights on in the garden yesterday, and bent over to pick something up. All the birds thought she was a birdfeeder!! Total carnage!! Like something from a Hitchcock movie!! Your earliest attention would be appreciated!

This is a serious situation, but easily solved, without needing to call in a professional squirrel. I would suggest you plug in your charger into her proper receptacle. If it's rusty, you might have to lubricate it a bit, or shove it in-and-out until you have a satisfying connection. Birds will look at your butt, think you're a scary scarecrow, and back off immediately. That should take care of the problem.

And don't be afraid to post hi-rez pictures of your procedures at CamCaps; it could help other members fix their problems. A sound video with well-focused details of the work scene would be highly appreciated.  :D

This is a serious situation, but easily solved, without needing to call in a professional squirrel. I would suggest you plug in your charger into her proper receptacle. If it's rusty, you might have to lubricate it a bit, or shove it in-and-out until you have a satisfying connection. Birds will look at your butt, think you're a scary scarecrow, and back off immediately. That should take care of the problem.

And don't be afraid to post hi-rez pictures of your procedures at CamCaps; it could help other members fix their problems. A sound video with well-focused details of the work scene would be highly appreciated.  :D

Well, thanks for that!! After spending almost three hours getting her to remember how my charger fitted into her receptacle, I finally managed to get it in. Then all hell let loose again! There was a feckin' woodpecker still in there! God only knows how much polishing I'm going to have to do before my charger is in working order again.

As far as pictures are concerned, despite being assured by my neighbour that phones have cameras, I could not find out how it worked, even after consulting the trimphone handbook.

I did however take my camera and managed a few snaps before the disaster. I will post them if I can find the USB connection on my Kodak Brownie.

Update: Problem solved! The head squirrel of our local red squirrel division heard of my dilemma and sending some volunteers round to examine my girlfriend, though I'm not sure why they need 30 of them. :scratchchin: :screwy:

• 3 weeks later...

The death of the locally built Ford is all but final, today the first 500 Mustangs arrived in Australia, a first as they are right hand drive straight off the production line. There is already a 12 month waiting list, ordered sight unseen and untested.

Apparently GM are a little behind the eight ball, having killed off the Commodore and Monaro muscle car, but we have to wait for up to five years for the Chevvy Camaro, their answer to the Mustang.

I think that Ford and GM are going to try and fuck us over but it will backfire because Toyota are the top selling manufacturer, followed closely by others like Mazda and Hyundai in the top ten this year.

I don't think the Mousetangs are going to have much competition from The others mentioned. Especially after a few drives in one are made. But what you need 300+ horsepower cars for in a country that limits your speed to 100 km/h is making me scratch my head. They look good and are fast.

Today I had fun. I had a punky kid in hid 5.7 V-8 Hemi underpowered Dodge/Ram pick-up thinking he was going to stomp me. Spooling up my Twin Turbo 3.5 V-6 to 8 psi,, I took him out by a long shot after he was near a truck length ahead of me. Silly little boy. Ford will always be ahead of the rest. I love spanking the hot shot wannabes.

1962_valiant_s_series_sedan.jpg

At the risk of being ripped apart I will admit to liking this one Chrysler, 1962 Valiant S. I have never owned one but would be willing to buy a good example, as long as the rust had been removed from the floor pan, boot and engine compartment. Just love the shape, real classic lines.

But all that would be dropped in a heartbeat for a 1968 GTS 327 cubic inch V8 250bhp.

1970_holden_hg_monaro_gts_253_coupe.jpg

1962_valiant_s_series_sedan.jpg

At the risk of being ripped apart I will admit to liking this one Chrysler, 1962 Valiant S. I have never owned one but would be willing to buy a good example, as long as the rust had been removed from the floor pan, boot and engine compartment. Just love the shape, real classic lines.

But all that would be dropped in a heartbeat for a 1968 GTS 327 cubic inch V8 250bhp.

1970_holden_hg_monaro_gts_253_coupe.jpg

Why would anyone rip you I actually like both those but I may be a bit biased as I work for Chrysler (actually Fiat Chrysler Automotive) I will take the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat at a messily 707 HP.    :yeahbaby:

Hell_Cat.jpg

1965_Ford_Mustang_Pool_Table_1.jpg

Now that's a Mustang!

Speed limits in Australia range from 10 kilometres per hour in shared zones to 110 kilometres per hour.

In the Northern Territory three highways have 130 kilometres per hour zones and a 276km section of the Stuart Highway is unlimited.

I know that I wouldn't rip you apart for posting cars. The ones that you posted have different names here in the states. The '62 Valiant was produced by Plymouth Motors, which was a division of Chrysler back in the day. Dodge made a similar version and called it a Dart. Quite a bit different than the cars they put out today.

The second one reminds me of an AMC (American Motors Corp.) Javelin.

As far as the speed limits go, I guess I was only told about the basic speeds in and around major metropolitan areas .  :idk:

Archived