Is paul in the Russian airforce?

From what I saw Paul is still a conscript in the Russian military (They are conscripted from 12 to 16 months depending on how useful you are).  He is with the engineering Corp which is it's own branch.

He is most likely going to school atm and taking training/teaching other conscript till he is done.  Since the Eng is it's own branch he most likely doesn't work with planes, helicopters and what not. With the insignia tho he is most likely stationed at an Air Force base but not in the Air Forces it's self.

Conscript's don't get the best of anything from uniforms to compensation. They can be kind of considered like the territorial army or national guard.  But end the end they are there ti help fill spots and serve as backed up to base operations.  They do not see fighting unless there is an all out war like the world wars.

The way things are going in the world.  That next World War is not that far off.

Obama is a cluster fuck for sure but he isn't that stupid.  As for Putin, He can pull shit like he is in Ukraine but he doesn't have the money or the clout to get the whole country into war. 

Eastern russian forces would never go along with it.  They have no love for the US and the West, but they know it is wasteful and useless to go to war with out any real reason and wouldn't be fooled by Putin into going to war. 

In the eastern part of Russia they are not loyal to Moscow they are loyal to Russia and the people.  So Putin can't get them to go long in much.  They will not send troops to Ukraine.

If there was ever an all out war you can make a safe bet that Putin wouldn't be in charge for long.  Many respected leaders are in the East and they would push for a real "Iron Man" to rule Russia, not Mr. Putie no shirt.

Unless you have additional information, how can you be certain he is wearing an air force insignia? The artillery insignia is almost identical so without a clearer image we can't be certain of anything.

Engineers in the Russian Army have a very distinctive insignia, again almost identical to the air force and artillery, but with two broad axes with long narrow handles  instead of propellers or canons, so definitely not what we have seen in the images.

I would be very surprised if the Russian military are different to any other military. Army wear army, navy wear navy and air force wear air force. I'm in the army and have been posted to a number of dual or tri-service bases, as well as an army contingent at an air force base. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing navy or air force insignia, even if I was allowed to.

If you have additional or different facts or information, I'd been keen to read it.

It's Air Force and he's an Eng.  He is still a conscript you can tell by the style of the uniform.  The patch which is Air Force tells that he is in the AF. (the propeller, if he was arty it's be two cannons.)

The back ground to his patch is black noting he is in the engineering field (black on patches is used to identify Eng, red for infantry and orange for arty and so on...)

The only other black used in Russian military uniforms is the navy.  and no he isn't with the navy the insignia would have anchors on it and no he can't be in the navy they are not near a naval base.

conscripts stay near their home towns unless they have specific training or skills then they would be sent to other area's so all you have to do is look up the city they are in and see the 2 base that are close by. The main base is not a big one or many unit's and the one that does the training is smaller.

that narrows it down a bit for ya, enjoy the lurking.  :P

We already knew about the propellers and cannons, the issue was no one has a clear image of the insignia. Do you?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I saw Paul is still a conscript in the Russian military (They are conscripted from 12 to 16 months depending on how useful you are).  He is with the engineering Corp which is it's own branch.

He is most likely going to school atm and taking training/teaching other conscript till he is done.  Since the Eng is it's own branch he most likely doesn't work with planes, helicopters and what not. With the insignia tho he is most likely stationed at an Air Force base but not in the Air Forces it's self.

Conscript's don't get the best of anything from uniforms to compensation. They can be kind of considered like the territorial army or national guard.  But end the end they are there ti help fill spots and serve as backed up to base operations.  They do not see fighting unless there is an all out war like the world wars.

The way things are going in the world.  That next World War is not that far off.

Obama is a cluster fuck for sure but he isn't that stupid.  As for Putin, He can pull shit like he is in Ukraine but he doesn't have the money or the clout to get the whole country into war. 

Eastern russian forces would never go along with it.  They have no love for the US and the West, but they know it is wasteful and useless to go to war with out any real reason and wouldn't be fooled by Putin into going to war. 

In the eastern part of Russia they are not loyal to Moscow they are loyal to Russia and the people.  So Putin can't get them to go long in much.  They will not send troops to Ukraine.

If there was ever an all out war you can make a safe bet that Putin wouldn't be in charge for long.  Many respected leaders are in the East and they would push for a real "Iron Man" to rule Russia, not Mr. Putie no shirt.

Unless you have additional information, how can you be certain he is wearing an air force insignia? The artillery insignia is almost identical so without a clearer image we can't be certain of anything.

Engineers in the Russian Army have a very distinctive insignia, again almost identical to the air force and artillery, but with two broad axes with long narrow handles  instead of propellers or canons, so definitely not what we have seen in the images.

I would be very surprised if the Russian military are different to any other military. Army wear army, navy wear navy and air force wear air force. I'm in the army and have been posted to a number of dual or tri-service bases, as well as an army contingent at an air force base. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing navy or air force insignia, even if I was allowed to.

If you have additional or different facts or information, I'd been keen to read it.

It's Air Force and he's an Eng.  He is still a conscript you can tell by the style of the uniform.  The patch which is Air Force tells that he is in the AF. (the propeller, if he was arty it's be two cannons.)

The back ground to his patch is black noting he is in the engineering field (black on patches is used to identify Eng, red for infantry and orange for arty and so on...)

The only other black used in Russian military uniforms is the navy.  and no he isn't with the navy the insignia would have anchors on it and no he can't be in the navy they are not near a naval base.

conscripts stay near their home towns unless they have specific training or skills then they would be sent to other area's so all you have to do is look up the city they are in and see the 2 base that are close by. The main base is not a big one or many unit's and the one that does the training is smaller.

that narrows it down a bit for ya, enjoy the lurking.  :P

We already knew about the propellers and cannons, the issue was no one has a clear image of the insignia. Do you?

I believe that the Sandpiper has a clear picture of the emblem, this has already been discussed in the forum quano they still lived in another apartment, and if I do not mistake me sand posted a picture of him sitting on the couch with the turn sign for the camera, it was possible to see clearly, ask him maybe he still has it saved.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Paul practicing Morse code one evening. He had a key switch and was tapping on it while talking to Leora. That along with the electronics training that he is doing might mean that he is in some sort of communications training program.

Morse code, huh? I'll bet he gets his RLC instructions from the Baudet Teletype machine in the closet. Personally, I think he's FSB and is assigned to study Camcaps members. Might be an Enigma in there, too. 8)

Either that, or he's just a hardware hacker who got a jacket at the Army/Navy surplus store, and brings in a few rubles by fixing electronic things and playing soldier every few weekends to meet the requirements of the Putin administration.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks and sounds as if he exercises telegraphy computer . Russians are such old school army that they still use the technology ? As for what I have understood only submarines still use Morse code. But I'm not an expert...