What would you like to complain about?

Admin

And another thing why are Hollywood baddies normally English. Even if they are playing foreigners like in the "Die Hard" series, it's still Alan Rickman and Jeremy Irons. The were so short of English actors they had to resurrect (very appropriate given his horror career) Peter Cushing for "Rogue One"!

It is racism. They may have used James Earl Jones voice but it was an Englishman in the Vader suit! For the ultimate evil of The Emperor (not the one in Barcelona) they had to go Scottish.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BBsq69 said:

And another thing why are Hollywood baddies normally English. Even if they are playing foreigners like in the "Die Hard" series, it's still Alan Rickman and Jeremy Irons. The were so short of English actors they had to resurrect (very appropriate given his horror career) Peter Cushing for "Rogue One"!

It is racism. They make have used James Earl Jones voice but it was an Englishman in the Vader suit! For the ultimate evil of The Emperor (not the one in Barcelona) they had to go Scottish.

Darth Vader tale - The mother of an old school friend, primary school age, was neighbours with Dave Prowse in Bristol growing up.  I met him once when we went over to see my mates granparents.  Lovely guy, stopped to have a chat with my mates mum.  I don't remember much apart from how huge he was.

English actors are better than American and so much hinges on whether the motivation of the bad guy is believable or not that casting directors generally get an English actor to play the baddie because they have more skill to make the character believable!!

On 4/15/2015 at 2:19 AM, Pepe said:

My complaint would be Paul has boarded up every dang hole I have made so I can crawl into bed with Leora when he's gone.  What's a skunk to do. I shall wait until the front door opens sneak in and chew up all his electronic projects, spray all his clothes and leave him a surprise in his shoes. Only thing is no one will probably be able to tell he smells different.

Some us can fit through smaller holes ... thank goodness I said through rather than in.

Why are politicians all fucking useless. The leader of every single UK party is a fucking joke, the US Presidential election was a fucking joke, I'll leave my French friends to comment on Hollande and Merkel made a very stupid error of judgement.

Those who live elsewhere might be doing better but somehow it probably isn't very different. However even bigger are the idots who don't vote because politicians are all the same. There competence might be the same but the policies are always different even if once they get power they find they can't do what they want.

2 hours ago, BBsq69 said:

Why are politicians all fucking useless. The leader of every single UK party is a fucking joke, the US Presidential election was a fucking joke, I'll leave my French friends to comment on Hollande and Merkel made a very stupid error of judgement.

Those who live elsewhere might be doing better but somehow it probably isn't very different. However even bigger are the idots who don't vote because politicians are all the same. There competence might be the same but the policies are always different even if once they get power they find they can't do what they want.

Wait till next US Election.  Charlie Sheen vows he's going to unseat Donald Trump.  He should be good for a laugh in 4 Years.  A Crack Head who thinks he's WINNING. Trump should be good for a Second Term if Sheen does decide to run.  :biggrin:

Archived