What OS are you running? (For general planning purposes for future tutorials.)

I'm interested in what kind of operating systems we are all using here.   

29 members have voted

1. 1. I'm interested in what kind of operating systems we are all using here.

• Windows (please name version)
    • Linux (please name distrib)
    • Apple (please name version)
    • Unix (Yo da man!)
    • Mulitiple
    • Other
    • Cadillac (parking space is reserved for tbg)

Look JoJo, I am sorry that my two-cents worth seems to have bothered you so,

You don't have to apologize to me...and I was not bothered by you.  I simply expressed my opinion.  Take it or leave it...but don't get your panties in a bunch over something I said to you.

and I read what Foamy T said but I did no harm and wasted no-one's time. Some may have even found some relevance to their own experience or at least sympathized (without your smug sarcasm).

I'm not interested in your excuses.

Foamy, I apologize for overdoing it a little and contributing to what seemed like a "computer war"; though I'll admit to whining.

Good move.  Foamy IS the one you should apologize to.

JoJo, mind your own business where I am concerned. They don't need you to protect them from me and if I need your advise or want your opinion I am not too proud to ask you directly.

I will mind whatever I wish to mind.  This is an open forum.  If you don't like what I say, you have two choices...as do we all:

1.  Ignore what I say and move on.

2.  Pitch a fit...as you did.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if it's relevant or not but I have had troubles playing back videos with adobe flashplayer, in Firefox, in Ubuntu 14.xx. Sites using HTML5 work fine, but quite few using flashplayer don't. However, when I use Chromium w/the proper plugins, everything works.

8.1 for me with Chrome. Waiting for Win10. It's already reserved for the download, though I only use about 10% of 8.1 and it's capabilities. I'm just a simple sort of man that doesn't like a lot of complications.

There is no need to apologize for anything in this thread. I found ww_watchers thread to be very interesting.

Furthermore, Foamy is as guilty as anyone for derailing threads and going off-topic. And since we're talking about operating systems here, I might explain that Leora's little love session with herself was wonderful today. I'd love to hardware-hack her OS to help optimize her GUI experience. ;D  :P

There is no need to apologize for anything in this thread. I found ww_watchers thread to be very interesting.

Furthermore, Foamy is as guilty as anyone for derailing threads and going off-topic. And since we're talking about operating systems here, I might explain that Leora's little love session with herself was wonderful today. I'd love to hardware-hack her OS to help optimize her GUI experience. ;D  :P

She'd love you for that.  LOL