JoJoGunne

All Things Periscope

Okay.  I've been using Periscope for a few months now...I made a passing reference to it in another thread...but nobody's said anything or started a thread about it.  So, I will.

Now...I'm no expert with it, but I know a few things (some of which is probably wrong LOL!!).  Here's some of what I know:

1.  It started out as an iOS app.  Then an Android app was created.  There is a web site, too.  You can find the apps at the appropriate stores.  The web site is here:  https://watchonperiscope.com

2.  Basically, Periscope allows people to broadcast a feed using their phone, tablet...whatever.  People broadcast the most interesting...or mundane...thing they want.  I've seen people who just want to talk, people who cook, hang out...whatever people do...that they want to let others see...they broadcast.  Including sex.

So...what I propose is this thread being a place to to post links to people who periscope.

To get the ball rolling, you can go to my twitter account and see who I am following.  I guarantee some of them have sex, get naked and do various sexy stuff on their 'scopes.

@zippy_jojo

• Upvote 1

If you are interested in growing marijuana, this is a good 'scope to watch.

@weedcuisineCO

Pot is legal in Colorado and anyone is allowed to grow a certain amount for personal consumption.  That's what this lady does and she 'scopes her efforts in cooking with weed.

Well, I spent a lot of time today bouncing from one scope to another.  I've seen three accounts get banned for nudity.

I really can't blame the Periscope guys for doing that.  I mean, there are no age limits here so kids will see that stuff.  It's just a question of how aggressive they get about it.

hell of an interesting site.  Thanks for the heads up!

I haven't done any scoping...I'm not a person who likes to be on cam.  I just like to watch them.

But I just saw a scope that is probably the most important thing to know if you are going to broadcast:  If you have the location setting to "on", then your location shows up on the map feature...down to the street, block...even the building or house.

You can find out more about this by watching the repeat video of the scope or you can watch his youtube video.

https://watchonperiscope.com/users/raygarcia/48211

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwPI0mxQPZE

• Upvote 2

Well, I spent a lot of time today bouncing from one scope to another.  I've seen three accounts get banned for nudity.

I really can't blame the Periscope guys for doing that.  I mean, there are no age limits here so kids will see that stuff.  It's just a question of how aggressive they get about it.

I was just browsing the web page and I saw a close view at a vagina so I thought "wow" and just jumped in.

I was shocked, because the girl was just 13 or 14 years old.

Twitter Inc. should do something about that asap.

They need some kind of parents control and they should create an adult section, before the US Government shut the whole thing down.

I was just browsing the web page and I saw a close view at a vagina so I thought "wow" and just jumped in.

I was shocked, because the girl was just 13 or 14 years old.

Twitter Inc. should do something about that asap.

They need some kind of parents control and they should create an adult section, before the US Government shut the whole thing down.

I'm not sure how Twitter can create an adult section...and enforce it...without destroying Periscope completely.  But yeah...I suspect they are going to get a lot of pressure from governments, and not just the US government, to do something about children being able to view scopes and being able to broadcast their own.

It's no different than a child being able to see any other adult website. Just clicking the I'm over 18 button means diddly. All they need to do is add something like that to come into compliance. Or have 24/7 paid mods on standby.