JoJoGunne

All Things Periscope

the site does not work for me on chrome...

does not work for me either on chrome.must be something to do with chrome.but you can get a few cams from...'onperiscope.com'.

My experience is completely different.  Chrome is the only browser I've tried that the website works on.

Actually, that's not quite true.  Opera, Firefox, Chrome and even Edge (which I almost never use) all allow me to view scopes if I'm not concerned with making comments or following people.  To be able to do that, one must log in.

When you click the login button, it says you have to install an extension and it gives links for Firefox, Chrome and Safari.  The Chrome extension is the only one that I've gotten to work.  So, when I use Chrome on that website, I'm able to comment, follow people and so on.

I also have Periscope installed on my Android tablet and that works very well.  I log in with my Twitter account and I can watch, comment and follow to my heart's content.  (I just hate like hell trying to type comments on that tablet touchscreen)

btw...thanks for that link, ARMY SNIPER.  I didn't know about that one.

You are welcome JoJo...found that one when i googled periscope. it was second or third on the list.

also it had a address of periscope.tv,but i think that(if i got it right)you have to install and log in on that one also.

Sorry for the delay,been gone to Jacksonville all day.    :)

still having trouble with chrome...may have to install it. worked fine for awhile though.

You are welcome JoJo...found that one when i googled periscope. it was second or third on the list.

also it had a address of periscope.tv,but i think that(if i got it right)you have to install and log in on that one also.

Sorry for the delay,been gone to Jacksonville all day.    :)

still having trouble with chrome...may have to install it. worked fine for awhile though.

One more thing I should mention is that I use Chrome Canary.  This is the 64bit version of Chrome. 

Version 47.0.2491.0 canary (64-bit)

Perhaps that makes a difference

The Firefox that I use...the one that I cannot get the login extension to work on...is Firefox 40.0.2.

I use chrome with no extension and it works most of the time. My AVG anti-virus keeps telling me of a high memory usage (1gb+).

I also find that the streams cut off after a short time, usually just at the good bits!!. Is that just how the site works, or do you think I would get a better result with the Google ext.?

I use chrome with no extension and it works most of the time. My AVG anti-virus keeps telling me of a high memory usage (1gb+).

I also find that the streams cut off after a short time, usually just at the good bits!!. Is that just how the site works, or do you think I would get a better result with the Google ext.?

I'm really no expert, but I'll give you a few of my thoughts.

1.  Using watchonperiscope.com with no extension.  I do that from time to time, but as I said earlier the extension enables you to login with your Twitter account and you can then comment, follow people, etc.  If you don't do that...just want to watch...Chrome with no extension works, but so does Firefox and others.  At least for me.

2.  I've noticed Chrome seeming to hang up at times and I think it might be related to that high memory thing you mentioned.  I think it has to do with how Chrome and the site deals with the videos.  Clearing the cache seems to help.

3.  I've had streams that seem to freeze up, as well.  It doesn't happen often, though.  It very well could be related to that cache thing.  I also think some of it is due to the scoper's cell or internet connections.

4.  The extension only enables you to login with your twitter account, so I don't think that'll help with feeds freezing up.

i tried it on chrome again earlier and it worked,then i just tried it again and didn't work. might be something on my end.its lat ...i'm going to bed.

The site is shut down now

Unfortunately we can no longer offer the Quick Scope website due to exterior pressures.

The site is shut down now

Unfortunately we can no longer offer the Quick Scope website due to exterior pressures.

I haven't been watching for a number of days, so I wasn't aware that the website was shut down.  From reading their explanation and the petition page, it appears that the people who made Periscope are the ones who shut them down.

That's too bad.  I liked the convenience of the website.

You can still see scopes, if you use the iOS or Android apps on a mobile device and http://onperiscope.com is still working, though for how long remains to be seen.

Another similar site, related to Meerkat, can be found here:  http://www.meerkatstreams.com

• Upvote 1