Capturing, Photo and video editing software & tutorials discussions go here!

I figure I'll throw in my 2 cents  and share what i use for capturing.

for Audio only i use Audacity. http://audacityteam.org/ it is by far the best free audio editor on the market. I  only use this  when  the action is going on  in the bedrooms or anywhere that I can't directly see what's going on.

Capture_10122015_041827.jpg

for Video I use OBS(short for Open Broadcaster Software). https://obsproject.com/

Those of you who are heavy into gaming  will  know  that this  is  the program of choice  for people that stream on Twitch, but  it  is also a great standalone video recorder!

Capture_10122015_051022.jpg

There are plenty of videos  on Youtube for setting this  up; I'm  not really  the  best at giving full blown tutorials  lol.

There IS one very  important tip  I  want to pass along though  for those  that want to capture  but can't get any sound: In whatever  software you use  to capture video (or audio), ALWAYS  set  your  audio input device  to  STEREO MIX! This  is very important  as it  will turn your microphones off, and it will record  ONLY the sounds coming directly from your computer. 

Hope  this helps! Happy Capping! 8)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, TMR1!  :clap:

I've been using Bandicam (and Ocam previously), but have been looking for something for my Ubuntu machine. Thanks to you, I've found it! :woohoo:

It's nice to switch between my Win7 and Ubuntu platforms and still use the same program. Audacity works the same way on either system, too. I generally populate my computers with cross-platform open-source when possible anyway: LibreOffice; Google Earth, Firefox, Chrome, GIMP, etc.

Sometimes I forget which operating system I'm using.

I use bandicam.

I save to avi rather than mp4 because I was always told it had higher quality and I don't have a problem with space.

Also I record at 60 fps which may be a bit unnecessary.

Does anyone have advice on settings?

I use bandicam.

I save to avi rather than mp4 because I was always told it had higher quality and I don't have a problem with space.

Also I record at 60 fps which may be a bit unnecessary.

Does anyone have advice on settings?

Another thing is an .avi will produce a smaller file than compared to .mp4

I have been working on trying to find away to do away with that watermark BS with RLC. My quest is getting nearer.

Watermark.png

This is the Watermark Image.

It shows the code number in the bottom left corner and will also show those Braille Dots if they happen to be part of the capture.

NoWatermark.jpg

This is an image captured using Internet Download Manager and it has no Watermarking's as it captured the Image behind the player. If the code is missing on this then logic shows those Braille Dots will not be part of the image. You can actually see how much clearer the image without the watermark is compared to the one that has the watermark.The only thing that is part of the non-watermarked image if their logo and the clock. Also you can disable your Cookies as RLC does not need Cookies to operate. The Cookie is just another way for them to track you. Without  Cookies and their garbage Watermarks, there is no way they can identify the user.

Now all I have to do is find a way to incorporate Internet Download Manager to put the download tab and attach to the Video Player so it will download Video from the RAW Image without the Watermarks.Internet Download Manager works with all other sites I visit for live streaming and works fine but somehow I can't get it to work for RLC as of yet.  Suggestions anyone.

Thanks StnCld316.

I forgot about that.

I am also looking into this, just can not figure how to get IDM to trigger.

I have tried adding RLC to the exception list within the options but it doesn't want to trigger.

I think RLC embedded player they have on their site is Adobe Flash Player so likely that will have to be incorporated within it somehow.

I can't ask I.D.M support about it as I use a cracked version of their product downloaded through Torrents.

I'll figure it out somehow.

I have tried adding RLC to the exception list within the options but it doesn't want to trigger.

I think RLC embedded player they have on their site is Adobe Flash Player so likely that will have to be incorporated within it somehow.

I can't ask I.D.M support about it as I use a cracked version of their product downloaded through Torrents.

I'll figure it out somehow.

I right clicked and inspected the element. It's Flow Player that RLC uses but you have to have Adobe Flash Player installed in order to make it work.I don't know if the flow player is HTML5 or not,it doesn't show that part. I'll try incorporating flow player into the exception list and see if the download tab populates.

Just a little thought ! Do you think it wise to advertise what your trying to do with the images,knowing that RLC  infiltraters visit this site on a regular basis.all your hardworking will be nothing as they have a much bigger technical dept .and if and when you finally overcome what you are trying .RLC will just implement further security measures. Take care you could open a can of worms that could eventually hurt this site .but in the meantime I sincerely hope you do get one over on RLC. Best of luck

Archived