Videos

FN

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lora and Max having sex tonight.

(The video link associated with this comment is no longer accessible and has been removed).

Was there any lag on the stream?

this video doesn't  play smooth, it's very choppy

A lot of lag in the bedroom, for some reason.  But there was no lag in the bathroom.

I tried opening a different instance of Dashboard...same result.  I tried it in my browser...same result.  I don't know if it's my computer, my internet connection or if it's from Real Life Cam.

It's from RLC. It happens when there is too much light for night vision and not enough for normal one to run perfectly.

(The video link associated with this comment is no longer accessible and has been removed).

A lot of lag in the bedroom, for some reason.  But there was no lag in the bathroom.

I tried opening a different instance of Dashboard...same result.  I tried it in my browser...same result.  I don't know if it's my computer, my internet connection or if it's from Real Life Cam.

It's from RLC. It happens when there is too much light for night vision and not enough for normal one to run perfectly.

I guess that makes sense, though I don't know much about that sort of thing.  I was thinking there were so many people accessing that cam it was putting a load on the server...or something like that.

I guess that makes sense, though I don't know much about that sort of thing.  I was thinking there were so many people accessing that cam it was putting a load on the server...or something like that.

You can see the same thing happening for example at the living room 2 cam at Gia apt.

Jumpiness and artifacts have nothing to do with the night vision function of the cameras. It's a bandwidth issue at the apartment itself. My guess is they probably have some sort of cheap router running in the apartment with no sort of real load balancing for bandwidth. Also, I'm sure that the feeds we all see are being bounced off of a streaming server somewhere in the world. There's only one stream from the cameras, and that's from the cameras to the server. If there was a bandwidth issue between us and the server, we'd see the same jumpiness on every single camera.

Jumpiness and artifacts have nothing to do with the night vision function of the cameras. It's a bandwidth issue at the apartment itself. My guess is they probably have some sort of cheap router running in the apartment with no sort of real load balancing for bandwidth. Also, I'm sure that the feeds we all see are being bounced off of a streaming server somewhere in the world. There's only one stream from the cameras, and that's from the cameras to the server. If there was a bandwidth issue between us and the server, we'd see the same jumpiness on every single camera.

The steams come from one central rtmp streaming server. This is because it would be possible otherwise to find out where the cam is. Still don't sure where the lags comes from.

The steams come from one central rtmp streaming server. This is because it would be possible otherwise to find out where the cam is. Still don't sure where the lags comes from.

Would the volume of people accessing the streaming server affect it?

I mean, I was recording Lora...probably the most popular of all the residents.  There was likely a lot more people watching that than, say, her washing afterward at the shower.

Would the volume of people accessing the streaming server affect it?

I mean, I was recording Lora...probably the most popular of all the residents.  There was likely a lot more people watching that than, say, her washing afterward at the shower.

With everything routing through the same server, a heavy load should affect all feeds the same (in other words, if the bedroom camera for their apartment is jumpy, the kitchen camera for another apartment should be equally jumpy). The server is in effect taking the very small bandwidth pipeline out of the camera and rebroadcasting it out on a large bandwidth pipeline. Now, it is possible that a camera operating in IR mode requires more bandwidth than one that is not, which would cause there to be bandwidth issues on the apartment end. But that's where proper active load balancing would come into play. When a camera suddenly starts using higher bandwidth, load balancing would fix the problem.

Look at it this way - we'll use 3 cameras for example:

UNBALANCED BANDWIDTH:

CAM 1 - USING 1MB/S - ALLOTTED 1.5MB/S

CAM 2 - USING 1MB/S - ALLOTTED 1.5MB/S

CAM 3 - USING 1MB/S - ALLOTTED 1.5MB/S

TOTAL - USING 3MB/S - ALLOTTED 4.5MB/S

This would be what ideal bandwidth allotment would look like. No issues with video here.

CAM 1 - USING 1MB/S - ALLOTTED 1.5MB/S

CAM 2 - USING 2MB/S - ALLOTTED 1.5MB/S

CAM 3 - USING 1MB/S - ALLOTTED 1.5MB/S

TOTAL - USING 4MB/S - ALLOTTED 4.5MB/S

Here, Cam 2 has a spike in bandwidth required to stream properly. However, there is no load balancing, so even though the camera needs 2mb/s to stream properly, it's only getting 1.5mb/s to use. You're going to get lag on Cam 2 as a result - that's your choppiness and artifacts.

LOAD BALANCING ENABLED:

CAM 1 - USING 1MB/S - ALLOTTED 1.25MB/S

CAM 2 - USING 2MB/S - ALLOTTED 2MB/S

CAM 3 - USING 1MB/S - ALLOTTED 1.25MB/S

TOTAL - USING 4MB/S - ALLOTTED 4.5MB/S

Here, when Cam 2 has a spike in bandwidth required to stream properly, the router with load balancing will adjust to allow the required bandwidth to flow through properly. No lag in the feed.

Note, that in all three examples, the total usage and allotment of the bandwidth doesn't change. But, because there's active load balancing, it changes per camera to ensure that the feeds flow through properly.

Also, if by chance all three cameras were to increase their total usage higher than their total allotment, one of two things would happen. On an unbalanced load, you'd get lag on all three cameras. On a balanced load, depending on the configuration, you'd either get lag on all three cameras or you'd have one or two cameras without lag and two or one cameras without lag.

Well, that all sounds very reasonable to my layman's brain, but all I really know is what I've seen.  And that is feeds from cams with sexual activity...whether IR as Nora and Kiko were the other day and Gia and Ian were last night or not IR as Lora and Max were today...seem to suffer from choppiness.  Sometimes it's so bad I decline to record the video.

In the end, I really wish the owners of the site would correct things.

It's very well possible that the rmtp server has issues, but I shy away from that thought because I highly doubt they went to the trouble to setup their own server. It would make more financial sense to piggyback off of some sort of rmtp hosting service, which would have the datacenter and infrastructure to support thousands of users at any given time.

Yeah hotcouple is right. The only way that only one stream can suffer overload would be that every single cam has an single process at a rtmp hosting service, or there must be something really weird with their load balancing. Maybe it would be cool if they could slow the frames per second if no movement is detected on a cam, but that is not easy to implement.

lora shower today not a huge fan of shower vids however lora has the finest ass of all canidates on this site and i cannot resist to watch ! no other matches hers even close