Here we piss and moan about CC Mods

I believe I was one of the first to object to the use of derogatory terms when referring to the women that are discussed here. I see the term "normal" tossed around a bit and it always amuses me that people think they can define that for others.

I for one feel no need to use derogatory terms when referring to women because I understand full well that it is a double standard. A lot of the behavior that men exhibit towards is rooted in fear, whether they will admit it to themselves or not.

In any case it is very low class to engage in such behavior and people denigrate themselves when they do.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harley, I don't hold grudges. Apology accepted! Whatever you want to be called it is fine with me, these are all silly psedonames anyway. If I had my choice we would all use our real names. But I know that people would have security concerns. Do you know that with a real name and a residential area you could find anyone on Google? That is why Facebook can be bad.

Harley, as long as you are open and honest with us and respectful, I will accept anything you have to say, any opinion (as long as you don't say I suck!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:).

Same for Corbo. But please let's keep some of these labels to ourselves! No one is telling you how to think, just don't accidentally offend people, be more careful in the future.

With these things in mind, guys, we can have a more harmonious, fun experience here. Now if only I can totally convince moi! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And yes, Harley, let's all take CC and RLC less seriously. Everyone in life is "playing a role" at times. They, like actors, may even change roles at times. Deep down though we must always remember we are humans here, subject to frailities, faults, imperfections and hurt feelings. Let's try to remember that. I will try. (I won't say I "pledge" because I break too many pledges already).

One other thing, Harley. Sometimes how one states something is as important as what they say. I have no problem with what you say, just how you say it. For instance, mocking or lmao is not the right way. You could say, I think the girls are actresses playing a role set for them by rlc. I may not agree with the rlc part, but it won't bother me. But if someone like eaglewolf says yeah mr1010, I love the girls, they are great, and then you make fun of his affection, that is not ok! Few people do that with me anymore because I  let them have it when they do that. But, I want to be calmer here, so if you don't mock people or purposefully insult people, I will have no problem no matter what you say. Live and let live, that is the philosophy people should have.

And sometimes I may actually not differ from you as much as you think. We both brought up our kids right, have great kids. We both have good morals. We both don't want our daughters involved in these businesses if possible. And they are not. So we did something right! But where we differ is that you veer sometimes into mocking and disrespect. I veer too much into self righteousness.

So there you go. Honesty by  both of us. It is a rare commodity these days!

Good luck with you here.

Time, I appreciate your comments. Thanks for chiming in.

But, I have made my peace here. And while I don't care at all for the denigrating remarks, I don't want to characterize the people making those remarks though I understand where you are coming from.

I am glad we have all had a chance to express ourselves on the issue. It is a very important issue. Always remember to treat your women or other women right. They are someone's wife, daughter, boy friend, friend. I wouldn't want the women I know to be treated badly! I am still very close even with my own mother and she is 82!

One other thing, although I am turning a new leaf here trying to be less sensitive, WORDS DO HURT!

That's it, my soap box is done. The topic is done for me!

Oh and time, I remember you being one of the first to object to those terms. I have to give credit where it is due. I remember noting that at the time and even though we had our own disagreements, I thought even then that you had your head on right. Thank you for aiding this important social issue all along!!! Especially important to remember when people are watching naked women on a voyeur site!

Good. Are we making progress here?

I hope so. Because we mods have a vicious enemy at the gates, and do not have time to deal with domestic disputes within our castle.

Keep to the rules about flame baiting and flaming in the Apartment and Old Dudes thread, and you will be welcomed back.

Otherwise, duke it out here in the Rants & Flame wars. I don't care about the language you use; I cannot expend the time and effort to examine every fucking insult and "who-did-what-to-who first", but I'd prefer to see some politeness rendered to other members and some logical discussion rendered in the Apartment & Old Dudes forums. No more insults, arguments against the man, no straw dogs, etc.

Or I will remove such comments or issue bans, without regard to bias. We have enemies at the gates, I need some sleep, I love free speech, but for Christ sake, I'm sick of insults and threats occurring in the Apartment and Old Dudes forums. It's against the rules. We are not 4chan.org/b. Keep the insults toward other members limited to Flames and Rants and I will let them ride. Otherwise, such pig shit turns off potential decent posters, and we all lose.

Thank you, and please report if you see enemies at the gates. There's a shitload of threads we must police on CamCaps, and I am tired of dealing with domestic disputes between members who don't realize what hell this place can be when the trolls attack the walls and the gates of our cathedral.

Continue on, gentlemen. Hopefully you are intelligent enough to ascertain the reasoning behind my conduct and the scope of the problems with which we mods must deal in this international forum. We appreciate your support.

Foamy, we are good here now. Even Harley and I have reached an understanding. And I'm sure Corbo will also. What happened with snaky, did he run afoul? I thought he too meant well like I but we both got carried away. We both made our points, laboriously as we did.

If all members show respect to others here, I won't have a problem with their opinions any more. Well, I can comment on them, but I won't rail against them. I will instead make a gentle reminder to the person to stay respectful. OK?

My friend Thes reminded  me this morning of the the important thing here, friends. I slept horrible last night, but I woke up a new man. Part of my problem yesterday was that I biked 10 miles on my exercise bike last night which meant my blood  sugar was too low, and I stayed up too late. 3:30 am is just too damn late! People's moods are horrible then!

Please, someone remind me when I get grumpy to eat the snicker's bar, lol!!!!! You know, the super bowl commercial!

Actually, that might work!

Nice post, Mr1010.

I have no problems with the members here. No problems with Snaky (he's a good guy who speaks his mind) or Corbo (who, incidentally just posted the whole cast of your suggested card deck), or Harley (who has shown amazing restraint) or anybody else here. We all have something to contribute.

Let's just resolve that we are all rowing the same row boat, we're all stuck trying to figure out what's going on in RLC while surviving on meager rations, and if someone is seen missing a row stroke in the Apartment threads or at Old Dudes, we'll bring it here for discussion and hash it out.

There's nothing serious going on at CC. It's trivial in the scheme of things. It's strictly meant for having fun. I only get upset and lose sleep when other members take this place too seriously or when outsiders threaten our very existence. That's my job.

Now, let's go ahead and post wisely and politely in the public Apartment & Old Dudes Forums. That's all I care about.

Anything posted here in Flames and Rants, I don't care about. The rules here at Rants & Flame Wars are simple: Don't post stuff that's dangerous to the tenants, and don't post illegal material. But the other threads need to be friendly and clean for our visitors and new potential members.

Let's get back to work, team. Stroke, stroke, stroke!  :shiteatinggrin:

post-19450-145739698106_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Foamy.

See, I gave you this really nice quiet day today. Your welcome. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I will try to give you a couple more. But, look, let's be realistic here, two or three days, that's all I can promise you!!Beggars can't be choosy!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Wow, I never thought of that pic by Corbo. Did you get him to do that as a peace offering? (P.S.- take the credit!) In any case, it worked!!!! And I will see what I can do with that image for the long, long, long delayed card game. Anything not to get a freaking virus downloading gimp! I still have a virus. Every few minutes a video ad pops up! I ran my anti-virus but it still has one virus. Not the worst virus, but still!

Foamy, you are a saint for putting up with me! I sometimes can barely put up with me when I get in these moods. Again, I exercise too much, don't eat enough carbs and voila my blood sugar is too freaking low! I am somewhat obsessed with losing weight and getting fit. I truly think it is becoming a psychological problem. I am 60, not 30. I even want to look like I am 30. I don't have an eating disorder, I don't think, just an obsession with low carbs. Being a diabetic and wanting to live, I went deep into this stuff. I need to do maintenance now, stop this nonsense already. I am also on two medications that may be making my sugar too low. They may soon be stopped.

Please put up with me until I can get this under control. I have talked with my wife about this problem. I am trying to eat better now. But now my stomach is too small and I can't eat too much. So, my solution is to just eat some tasty bad stuff just to get carbs in me.

Mind you, Foamy, I am a very principled person, so this whole issue was very important to me. But the other stuff may have caused me to lose all perspective.

I think it was horrible that I actually threatened legal action. I don't feel like this was even me doing it!

Anyway, accept my profound apologies to both you and Stone, especially you.

I also even almost ruined a good friendship I had with someone else. And last week the same thing almost happened to me and mikey also. This is not psychological it has become physical.

I think my help will come next month when I see my doctor. Until then, just "tie" me down Foamy!

Give me a couple of days and I'll start working on the cards. Then in a week, I go to Arizona.

Foamy T. Squirrel

This is completely unacceptable behavior. So I'm asking you nicely for answer. How long you going to tolerate such offensive material been posted on forum. You think is wise  to be associated with this kind a stupidity?

I'l give you my answer. Honestly I don't think so.

Post was reported as offensive material.

Archived