Attachments Explained

Admin

7 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

I too, am "kicked" out of chat. It's an undocumented feature of the system. Pay no attention to it. We'll either fix it or I will ban myself for being a miscreant in the Chat Room!

I just went to the chat and then signed out and seen the same message appear briefly then it was gone.  I was still able to get back to the chat with no issues.

It's not a real kick out of chat, anyway. If it is, Mods who kicked you out will let you know. So far, everybody's been well behaved gentlemen over there, especially when Lyree is present. Hummmmmmm. (Insert 'thinking' emoticon here....)

4 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

It's not a real kick out of chat, anyway. If it is, Mods who kicked you out will let you know. So far, everybody's been well behaved gentlemen over there, especially when Lyree is present. Hummmmmmm. (Insert 'thinking' emoticon here....)

They have been quite civilized and talk more maturely in the chat compared to what we have seen in the Forums from some in the past.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

LOL.....way to cover your bushy tail!!

• Upvote 2

Confused 2: Why are all these videos then unavailable where they are. It allways says deleted.. Or you have to download extra programs. To me that means that attatchment are closed. It is ok but just say so. I understand why it is closed. But its sad.

10 minutes ago, MrCox said:

Confused 2: Why are all these videos then unavailable where they are. It allways says deleted.. Or you have to download extra programs. To me that means that attatchment are closed. It is ok but just say so. I understand why it is closed. But its sad.

When you see   

(The Image Content is No Longer Accessible and has been Removed)   or    (The Video Content is No Longer Accessible and has been Removed)

Means the Picture or Video is no longer available for download.  Those are usually from Third Party Upload Sites where they have removed the content from their servers by means of RLC ordering a DMCA Takedown of the Content.  Servers such as mab.to keep video content for 2 to 3 days and it's removed from their servers. Dirty Bin and Zippy Share seems to have a good record for the amount of time Videos are stored I believe most are for 60 days sometimes longer depending on the activity the file gets. Or you can use the Attachment Feature and the file stays forever but is only available for Premium Members to view.

Pictures if you use servers such as Post Image or Hosting Pics you Picture is sure to be taken down once a DMCA Takedown Order has been placed for the contents removal.  If you wish to post pictures for all to see without getting removed is to use servers such as  noimg.co  or  anony.ws any Pictures posted there is safe without removal. Same goes if you want to use the Attachment Feature then posted Picture Conent will only be available to Premium Members.

• Upvote 1

Many explanations, but the simple fact is that the Attachment Center where the videos were supposed to stay forever, does not exist any more. Once more, that was one of the major reasons for becoming Premium Member. 

5 hours ago, kalevipoeg said:

Many explanations, but the simple fact is that the Attachment Center where the videos were supposed to stay forever, does not exist any more. Once more, that was one of the major reasons for becoming Premium Member. 

I answered your concern here: 

What you've said above simply isn't true, and is not how the Attachments Center worked. If an Attachment was deleted from a post it was deleted from the Attachment Center. The best analogy that I can can come up with is this: The forum software is like a file cabinet where everything is categorized in it's own folder, it's easily searchable by date, poster, keywords, etc.  While the Attachments Center was like laying all the files in the file cabinet onto the floor and then allowing people to view 20 documents at a time. In both scenarios the files still reside in the File Cabinet (I.e. the forum), the only difference is the way in which you view them. 

• Upvote 1

OK I'll leave my post here. You can see how this has been started by clicking on blue link above Reply to Pictures ~ March 2016. It is just my critical opinion and I'm not complaining about anything.

There was a question and it look like you all like to avoid to give the answer. It is not about What I can see or I want to see .It's about what majority visitors on forum can see. It 's about the swiss cheese holes in topic which I assume no one really understand why they are there. It's about the posts which after page is going to be turn, no one will ever notice them again.Because they are minority to be perfectly honest. And we all the other users with visible posts are making real traffic for this forum. With that said I don't think they are doing something good for promoting this forum. in my opinion they will make more effect if they were separated in different topic and properly named as only for premium users.

I have nothing to complain And think I was quite clear about that.. (I'm little curious. Did you know about that.? So I would like to ask you some questions.)

So why would someone share content when no one can see his post and even worse than that  perhaps they don't even know what that is? To me it's look like creating forum inside existing forum for elite group. I mean that's beyond ridiculous. That's not even funny any more. I see no real reason or purpose to do so.

It's not going to happen. But lets just say. How about all the others 80% users simply at some point will stop to post  their content. What kind of form forum we will have at that moment  to offer for casual everyday visitors. Empty comment boxes. Well i guess that could be fun to see.

OK now I'll will stop with this because it should not be even my concern.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, cassy said:

OK I'll leave my post here. You can see how this has been started by clicking on blue link above Reply to Pictures ~ March 2016. It is just my critical opinion and I'm not complaining about anything.

There was a question and it look like you all like to avoid to give the answer. It is not about What I can see or I want to see .It's about what majority visitors on forum can see. It 's about the swiss cheese holes in topic which I assume no one really understand why they are there. It's about the posts which after page is going to be turn, no one will ever notice them again.Because they are minority to be perfectly honest. And we all the other users with visible posts are making real traffic for this forum. With that said I don't think they are doing something good for promoting this forum. in my opinion they will make more effect if they were separated in different topic and properly named as only for premium users.

I have nothing to complain And think I was quite clear about that.. (I'm little curious. Did you know about that.? So I would like to ask you some questions.)

So why would someone share content when no one can see his post and even worse than that  perhaps they don't even know what that is? To me it's look like creating forum inside existing forum for elite group. I mean that's beyond ridiculous. That's not even funny any more. I see no real reason or purpose to do so.

It's not going to happen. But lets just say. How about all the others 80% users simply at some point will stop to post  their content. What kind of form forum we will have at that moment  to offer for casual everyday visitors. Empty comment boxes. Well i guess that could be fun to see.

OK now I'll will stop with this because it should not be even my concern.

Where users Post their Content. That is a choice of their choosing.  If they post and want everyone to see what they have posted then they have to use a Third Party Upload Service for all to see. Servers such as http://noimg.co/     or    http://www.anony.ws/    for Pictures  and for Videos sites such as    https://dirtybin.com/    or    http://www.zippyshare.com/    will make them available for all to see.  If you use the Attachment Feature then whatever is posted in that section is only available to Premium Members. 

It has always been that way since I have been here with the Old Forum  or the New Forum.   It's not Rocket Science.