Attachments Explained

Admin

19 hours ago, cassy said:

OK I'll leave my post here. You can see how this has been started by clicking on blue link above Reply to Pictures ~ March 2016. It is just my critical opinion and I'm not complaining about anything.

There was a question and it look like you all like to avoid to give the answer. It is not about What I can see or I want to see .It's about what majority visitors on forum can see. It 's about the swiss cheese holes in topic which I assume no one really understand why they are there. It's about the posts which after page is going to be turn, no one will ever notice them again.Because they are minority to be perfectly honest. And we all the other users with visible posts are making real traffic for this forum. With that said I don't think they are doing something good for promoting this forum. in my opinion they will make more effect if they were separated in different topic and properly named as only for premium users.

I have nothing to complain And think I was quite clear about that.. (I'm little curious. Did you know about that.? So I would like to ask you some questions.)

So why would someone share content when no one can see his post and even worse than that  perhaps they don't even know what that is? To me it's look like creating forum inside existing forum for elite group. I mean that's beyond ridiculous. That's not even funny any more. I see no real reason or purpose to do so.

It's not going to happen. But lets just say. How about all the others 80% users simply at some point will stop to post  their content. What kind of form forum we will have at that moment  to offer for casual everyday visitors. Empty comment boxes. Well i guess that could be fun to see.

OK now I'll will stop with this because it should not be even my concern.

Please see this post: 

It's been this way for at least two years now. I get what you're saying but consider this: One of the main benefits of being a premium member is that it is a semi exclusive group where people can post and share with like minded folks without having to worry as much about their content being re-uploaded, taken down, or shared with the drive by forum viewer who makes no effort to contribute. Those who become Premium Members are generally long time fans who share more and dedicate more time to the community, and thus share better content. It wouldn't be fair to those who have been premium members for a few years now to suddenly make all of their work open to everyone, when they were sharing it with the idea that only a select few would be able to see it. Having a membership fee has the added benefit of being a slight barrier to entry, which means that those who actually do join are generally the people who are the most knowledgeable and share the best stuff. That being said I really can't stress enough that you don't need to be a premium member to participate in this community. There are plenty of forums out there that rely completely on third party hosting for attachments and don't let you directly upload files at all. Personally,I think the system that we have now offers the best of both worlds. You can talk and share with everyone if you want to, or you can talk and share semi-privately with a small group who care enough about the subject to pay the membership fee. 

Just to clarify my thought I have made longer post but I've cut it to shorter version.

Personally have no issue with understanding both of you. For me was everything perfectly clear on a second day after transition between old and new platform with appearance of red stripes on my monitor

.And I'm not suggesting or asking (demanding) to do anything regarding empty comment boxes. As I've explain my self it should not be even my concerns. I'm just trying to point my finger on anomalies which on my opinion should never happened Looking with my eyes there are two things need to be addressed in order to accumulate maximum I would say in any topic on forum.Presented, displayed Information on publicly available section of this forum should be available for majority of users(if not for all).I mean that supposedly should be main reason for existence any forum. But in this case is not.Further more is unreasonable blocked( I know and I understand why is not visible)  I'll estimate for over 3000 registered regular visitors per day. And that's number should be something what should have in mind any ADMIN and MODERATOR .

That was one thing .The other is to open topic for those users who wish to share content in such manner. Otherwise their effort is going to be lost and forgotten very soon.

This is for both of you. I just want to show you how is look like on my 22 inch monitor. From the top to the bottom..And yes we are still talking about same thing Reply to Pictures ~ March 2016. keep in mind they are 3000 more users with the same view.

Capture_2016_03_21_13_24_42_732.th.png

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
19 minutes ago, trkstar18 said:

How do i upload a photo?             

For a Regular Member you would have to use a Third Party Hosting Site.   http://keep4u.ru/    or  https://uploadit.us/  both of these sites are reliable Upload Hosts. Select the Picture you wish to Upload, put the checkmark in the Box Not Suitable for Family Viewing then Upload. From the Embedded Codes select BBCode Full, Copy the Link and Paste it in the Comment Box then Submit Reply.

If you Purchase a Premium Membership then you will have access to the Attachments Center and can directly Upload them as Attachments without the use of using Third Party Upload Hosts.

Hello,

I have a premium accompt and I can't download the file :

from the attachment center.

I have this error:

La page que vous tentez d’atteindre n’est pas disponible pour votre compte.

Code d’erreur  2C171/1

Can you help?

12 hours ago, wtrash2000 said:

Hello,

I have a premium accompt and I can't download the file :

from the attachment center.

I have this error:

Code d’erreur  2C171/1

Can you help?

Right Click the File. Then Select Open and see if that makes a difference.  I just checked it and it worked fine for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello,

I do have a premium account too and I can't download some the files from the attachment center.

I have this error:

Code d’erreur  2C171/1

I tried to right click the file as suggested but get the same error.

Can you help me please ?

The attachments center is totally ruined. All the latest videos, five pages or so (with just a couple of exceptions) are no more for the Premium Members but to be distributed among small and quite secret PM groups. CC should take away the ad "Get instant access...to 100´s of videos". There is no such access any more to the new videos. I have been told that I should go to the Premium Members area of each apartment, but very few videos can be found there, and that is much too complicated - attachments center was the best way to find the videos´. Why does CamCaps want to cut membership benefits?