Anything Outdoors!!!

Hello all,

I got home late last night because we all decided to fish an extra day.  We had a great time with huge success and I will post some pictures when I can find my charge cable. We ended up with close to 400 fish......2 five person limits and 1 four person limit which gave us a total of 350 fish (the limit is 25 per person per day), then we also caught some catfish and bass that gave us close to 400 fish.  I just love this time of year for fishing and September through January for bird and deer hunting!

Does anybody else enjoy hunting or fishing?

• Like 1

I do catch-and-release with bass, but since I am now lacking a boat, I have not been very successful. A recent drought hasn't helped the past couple of years. I prefer ocean fishing, but I'm inland and it costs a bit more money and time. So just haul your boat up my river and I'll be glad to show you where the bass and salmon are...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

I do catch-and-release with bass, but since I am now lacking a boat, I have not been very successful. A recent drought hasn't helped the past couple of years. I prefer ocean fishing, but I'm inland and it costs a bit more money and time. So just haul your boat up my river and I'll be glad to show you where the bass and salmon are...

Most of the bass we catch we do release if they are over 3lbs.  We keep all legal fish (white bass & hybrids & catfish if legal).  I like offshore fishing but not as much as I do white bass fishing.....a lot more action with white bass.  Even though yellow fin tuna are great eating along with there counterparts the black fin tuna that we have here down south, they are very much hit or miss and anytime you go for those two fish it's always an overnight trip so I leave that up to my son these days because I just can't do that anymore.  Not to mention the cost......very costly indeed.  It's a long boat ride #1, and it's only really successful fishing for them at night where we go......It's a younger man's game anymore.  You know the old saying "it takes me all night, to do what I used to do all night"!

I don't know your river and I'm not sure my boat could make it up your river LMAO, but catching some salmon really sounds excellent!!

• Like 1

Let's just say tall ships can show up in the main river from the Pacific when they're on tours, but I don't think you want to deal with the Panama Canal to get here. It was a popular trip at one time until the "tourists" panned out all the good gold.

Which is another fun outdoor activity in my part of the woods. Even when it's just gold dust. Like fishing, as long as you add enough beer it doesn't matter if you catch anything...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2017 at 5:33 PM, HarleyFatboy said:

A few pics of my night with family and friends last night out at the waterfront...

IMG_3748_1.jpg  0   1.94 MB

IMG_3749_2.jpg  0   1.99 MB

IMG_3750_3.jpg  0   1.66 MB

IMG_3744_4.jpg  1   2.01 MB

IMG_3745_5.jpg  0   2.03 MB

IMG_3747_6.jpg  0   1.99 MB

IMG_3740_7.jpg  0   1.94 MB

Great pictures! An absolute delight to watch your clicks Harley! So lively that it conveys the emotive story behind. I guess you can say; It's just a soothing to the eyes of the beholder! If I may, where exactly is this?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ipiratemedia said:

Great pictures! An absolute delight to watch your clicks Harley! So lively that it conveys the emotive story behind. I guess you can say; It's just a soothing to the eyes of the beholder! If I may, where exactly is this?

PM sent and thank you!

• Like 1

On 6/25/2018 at 11:43 PM, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Does this count? Ten virtual pecans to whoever guesses the location first. It was the weekend before last, and the weather was perfect.

IMG_2574 - Copy.JPG  2   1.09 MB

On 6/26/2018 at 1:44 AM, letsdothis said:

Is that Half Dome in the reflection? In Yellowstone National Park?

I'm gonna guess, since I haven't seen 10 little digital pecans come
rolling across my screen, that my answer wasn't correct? Was I
even close?

I answered my own question.  When I looked it up,  I found that Half
Dome is in Yosemite, not Yellowstone. Was Half Dome right, at least?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, letsdothis said:
On 6/25/2018 at 11:43 PM, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Does this count? Ten virtual pecans to whoever guesses the location first. It was the weekend before last, and the weather was perfect.

IMG_2574 - Copy.JPG  2   1.09 MB  3   1.09 MB

On 6/26/2018 at 1:44 AM, letsdothis said:

Is that Half Dome in the reflection? In Yellowstone National Park?

I should have said I answered one question. I still don't know if it's
Half Dome or not.