Ideas & Feature Requests #1

Hello community,

Let me thank everybody, who has ever sent us a feedback on how could we improve our service. As you may have noticed, we read everything and take a note if we agree on the point given. Our main channel to receive feedback is our Support, but we want to make sure everybody sees suggestions made by other users. You can share your thoughts, vote and discuss them. Eventually, we will answer to you with our comments to your ideas and will let you know if we apply them in the future or not and why.

As usual, we try to maintain the most transparent communication between VHTV and our users, our future or current happy subscribers.

Please share your thoughts on camera positions, UI, UX, features and services, email newsletters and social communications, pricing plans and so on.

Any comments on participants or apartments will be asked to be removed from this thread. Please either discuss them in threads, dedicated to apartments, or forward these requests to our Support.

In progress:

• Archive Videos - gallery of the most tasty and interesting moments from Voyeur House TV (Premium only)
  • New pricing plans, that will be introduced as soon as Archive Videos will be rolled out.

In Beta:

• Archive Timeline (beta) - skip to the moment in the past to see what you have missed.

Coming next:

• Multi-view - watch several streams in one window (Premium only)
  • Motion detection - be notified when something happens on any camera. (Premium only)
  • Camera thumbnails - see what happens on other cams (Trial/Standard/Premium only, Free users will see blurred images)
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, jabbath1987 said:

For the timeline you should take a look at the RLC timeline feature. You can easily see there when there was sb. in the room and can see preview (Guess motion detection is required for that feature)

Activity graph solves everything. We were kindly surprised when RLC released Replay right as soon as we released Archive Timeline. Not because of timing, but because we plan to do quite the same thing they did (talking about activity graph) so users could easily navigate to interesting, therefore popular, moments. We failed at first attempt to do this and released Beta feature with the timeline you can see now. Be sure we'll redo it in the recent future. Guess when we'll be as big as RLC (not a long way, though), we'll be able to release the features much faster. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Sounds promising. Can you already tell us or at least give us a hint if we will see the guys leaving the Voronezh appartement at Voyeur-Villa will get a 2nd life at VH?

We don't plan to hire any ex-participants from VV in recent future. If anything changes, we'll let you know.

• Upvote 2

for the cameras position for me it's simple,one for have a global view of the room (bedroom,living....) and 2 or 3 others very closer to the bed for example for see very good the action,this is what i'm waiting with the cams position,it's just my personal expectations.

Ok. Seeing as I suggested this thread, here are some of my suggestions.

The archive timeline is a great feature but I would like to see the following improvements if possible:

1. Please reduce the scrolling movement sensitivity. It is way too sensitive and very difficult to move in small increments when the slightest mouse movement makes the thing zoom of all over the place.

2. It would be nice to have a placeholder showing where you are viewing. For instance if I scroll back 1hr15m and then want to advance 10min, I have to remember where I was whereas if there was a marker on the timeline that would not be necessary.

3. There is already an on-screen pause button but I would also like to see on-on screen controls similar to what you get when watching a video file. fast-forward, fast backward, and stop. The stop control should take you back to live viewing as the only way that I have found to go back live at the moment is to click on another camera.

Another feature I would like to see is a static home screen or something similar so that you can "park" somewhere that is still on the site but not live streaming. On VV I used to "park" on the archive screen when I wasn't watched live streaming, that way I didn't have to reload the site and wasn't wasting bandwidth for something I wasn't watching.

3 hours ago, Clyde69 said:

The archive timeline is a great feature but I would like to see the following improvements if possible:

1. Please reduce the scrolling movement sensitivity. It is way too sensitive and very difficult to move in small increments when the slightest mouse movement makes the thing zoom of all over the place.

2. It would be nice to have a placeholder showing where you are viewing. For instance if I scroll back 1hr15m and then want to advance 10min, I have to remember where I was whereas if there was a marker on the timeline that would not be necessary.

3. There is already an on-screen pause button but I would also like to see on-on screen controls similar to what you get when watching a video file. fast-forward, fast backward, and stop. The stop control should take you back to live viewing as the only way that I have found to go back live at the moment is to click on another camera.

Another feature I would like to see is a static home screen or something similar so that you can "park" somewhere that is still on the site but not live streaming. On VV I used to "park" on the archive screen when I wasn't watched live streaming, that way I didn't have to reload the site and wasn't wasting bandwidth for something I wasn't watching.

You can already today just click in the video and it is in Pause. Live stream as well as timeline.

4 hours ago, Clyde69 said:

Hey Clyde69, thank you for suggestions!

1. As we said, it will be eventually redone from the gound. We are aware, that current sensitivity is confusing, so it will be certainly fixed.

2. The marker of current position will be added to future timeline.

3. This is planned to be relesased under some future version of Archive Timeline. Stop button won't make sense if it will continue streaming Live, that's why some other control will be added like YouTube "Live" button/indicator.

Talking about YouTube or RLC, preview of selected or current position will be added for easy navigation.

Spielo is totally right on Parking mode. You can simply click the stream to Pause it and that's it :) 

• Upvote 1