The Finer Things in Life

Thestarider

13 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

Some of the Finer things in life come from good Ole' Kansas, my dinner tonight thanks to the Kansas City Steak Company, and to top it off as always a little of that really good bourbon from Kentucky, those ole' boy really know how to make a fine bourbon

Life is what you make of it, and Life is really good, yes it is :biggrin:

Yes it is!!  Very nice!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2017 at 6:53 PM, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

There's a reason why the US should have annexed Belgium and Germany at the end of WWII. True Pilsners are difficult to find here, and though some headway is being made with Lambics, it's difficult to fine either on tap or bottles that haven't been sitting in a warehouse for too long. I've often posted the snarky comment that the Allies should have listened to Patton and marched to Russia; but that would have been for their beautiful women and not necessarily for their vodka.

Most craft breweries here compete on their IPAs (lately many are overhopped, which disappoints little squirrel). But at least we're finally seeing some meaderies open (great stuff) and a few more bottles of barleywine showing up.

I've brewed all of these styles (expect the Russian ladies, of course.) Please send bottles of Belgium lambics and Licher to me through our Private Message system and I'll award then the Foamy Stamp Of Motherfucking Approval.

In honor of my triple bypass surgery, last December, I brewed a Tripel Bypass Ale flavored with Italian Blood Orange soda. I tapped the keg earlier this month when the beer was 7 months old and it was gone within a week. This last weekend, while packing the contents of my wife's closet (after 61 years as a Texan, we're moving to western North Carolina at the end of this month) I discovered she had sneakily filled a 2 liter bottle of the beer back in April, while it was still in the second stage fermenter, just before I racked it to the keg for storage. Firstly I had no idea she knew how to do that and secondly that she did it without making a mess or contaminating the beer makes me so proud. Now we have a way of toasting the next stage of our new life. I guess I should have known since she does this with my Green Goddess too.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Image result for black barrel tequilla And Image result for Squirt soda in walmart One must give it a try, it is OH SO GOOD, Thanks Daniel

With the explosion in popularity of American Whiskey, other spirit categories have tried to ride whiskey’s coattails with crossover offerings aimed squarely at whiskey consumers. The most common way for non-whiskey brands to do this is with oak, namely via the now extremely pervasive “Black Barrel”.  Basically, by extra-aging a spirit in a deeply charred barrel, that spirit gets an infusion of strong oak and color, and seemingly, instant whiskey consumer friendliness.

Hornitos Black Barrel Anejo Tequila takes the standard Hornitos anejo tequila aged for a year in traditional oak barrels and then finishes that tequila in heavily charred American Oak casks for four months, and then moves it to a toasted American Oak barrel for another two months. The aim here is to get some deep color and oak from the heavily charred barrel and then additional sweetness from the toasted oak barrel.

The entry for Hornitos Black Barrel is oak forward, but it has some sense of balance with roasted agave, black pepper, and caramel. It’s really here in the entry where this tequila is at its best. As we move on to the midpalate, the pepper spice increases, ultimately outpacing the oak. The midpalate is all about pepper kick – it’s black pepper, white pepper, clove, habanero, and then oak. There is an undercurrent of sweet agave to help balance all this spice out and it does a fair job of it, until the end of the midpalate when the spice and heat overtake everything else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'm here!   The thread is officially revived!!  Where the hell are all the other old perverts?  Oh, I get it, ya'll thhink you got the ladies b.s.'ed into thinking you're that young handsome hunk they dream about on the beach, right?  I got news for you.  They know better.  :biggrin:

Come on ladies, I know there's one or two of yaz that's over 40 also....  I know it is not polite to ask a ladies age but we know you're out there.  Besides, I really have a fetsih for women over 40...  :biggrin::heart:

So come on!!  Speak up!!  Unless of course you want Foamy to call the computer gods on you...:biggrin: