Trump Will be Impeached

LMAO it is fair and has always been fair to the entire UNITED STATES, not just New York and California which is mostly populated with liberal thinking adults.

This is what has always made our US election so great..... Equal representation !!! WE are 50 "Fifty" "UNITED STATES" Eagle. We are not just the California, Texas, New York, Illinois, and Florida UNITED STATES. So by your thinking the five states with most population should elect our president. and to hell with the other 45, now how can you in your very educated right mind justify that is even and equal representation ? Hence the 2 senators per state, the executive branch, and the House which legislates the law represented by population, instead of the liberal judicial branch which now believes that they should legislate law instead interoperate law. BTW asshole since you are throwing out insults. "A" in civics, and graduated 3rd in my class. Also, was a member of state championship debate team. Won two state chamionships on a football team. Graduated from Kansas University with a Bachlors in Mechanical Engineering. Have owned and operated four business's quite successfully, and now a private consultant in various types of energy power generation. Have served locally on the Board of Education and on the City Commission. I have given over 25 years to our local goverment in many various boards and organizations. I also counsel in my own home, Drug Addicts and Alcoholics from our local Half Way house.

Education is always "TRUMP ed" by experience. :biggrin:

Pretty simple really Eagle:

Image result for state with replican or demacratic governemnt

Image result for republican or demacratic state governmentImage result for 2016 electorial map

How could Hillary have won ? You all need to quit bitching and figure out how to change the maps above. You really question why Republicans are in control ? 2 to 1 governors, and 3 to 1 State Legislations controlled completely nation wide by the republican party thanks to Pelosi, Schummer, Bernie, Warren, Hillary, Biden, and of course President Obama. Your party is in trouble in 2018, just look at the maps.

1 hour ago, Thestarider said:

LMAO it is fair and has always been fair to the entire UNITED STATES, not just New York and California which is mostly populated with liberal thinking adults.

This is what has always made our US election so great..... Equal representation !!! WE are 50 "Fifty" "UNITED STATES" Eagle. We are not just the California, Texas, New York, Illinois, and Florida UNITED STATES. So by your thinking the five states with most population should elect our president. and to hell with the other 45, now how can you in your very educated right mind justify that is even and equal representation ? Hence the 2 senators per state, the executive branch, and the House which legislates the law represented by population, instead of the liberal judicial branch which now believes that they should legislate law instead interoperate law. BTW asshole since you are throwing out insults. A in civics and graduated 3rd in my class. Also was a member of state championship debate team. Won two state chamionships on a football team. Graduated from Kansas University with a Bachlors in Mechanical Engineering. Have owned and operated four business's quite successfully, and now a private consultant in various types of energy power generation. Have served locally on the Board of Education and on the City Commission. I have given over 25 years to our local goverment in many various boards and organizations. I also counsel in my own home, Drug Addicts and Alcoholics from our local Half Way house.

Education is always "TRUMP ed" by experience. :biggrin:

OMG why do I get involved in this.

You may have received an A in civics, but you still don't understand the constitution.

I'll just highlight a few of your comments that lead me to question your knowledge.

You say "So by your thinking the five states with most population should elect our president".  No, I say that it should be based on the entire population of the country.

You refer to "the liberal judicial branch which now believes that they should legislate law instead interoperate law."  What world are you living in?  The Republicans have created a court system dominated by conservatives.  They even managed to steal a Supreme Court seat that should have been filled by a Democratic nomination.  And, what the hell does interoperate mean?

You said "BTW asshole since you are throwing out insults."   Is that the way you think educated grownups should debate an issue?  And please point out any insults I've thrown out.  If you think that correcting the mistakes you make is an insult then I'm guilty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thestarider said:

Pretty simple really Eagle:

Image result for state with replican or demacratic governemnt

Image result for republican or demacratic state government

How could Hillary have won ? You all need to quit bitching and figure out to change the maps above. You really question why Republicans are in control ?

Even in our unfair Electoral College system, a few thousand votes in some key swing states would have changed the outcome  --- that's how.

And,  Republicans control a large number of states.  They have used that control to Gerrymander voting districts to retain control. They have also used their control to suppress the votes of citizens who are likely to vote against them.  Is that what you think of as a fair democratic process?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, eagleb1 said:

Even in our unfair Electoral College system, a few thousand votes in some key swing states would have changed the outcome  --- that's how.

And,  Republicans control a large number of states.  They have used that control to Gerrymander voting districts to retain control. They have also used their control to suppress the votes of citizens who are likely to vote against them.  Is that what you think of as a fair democratic process?

And what do you think the demoncrats have done in California???  

New York 20 million, Florida 21 million, Illinois 14 million, Texas 28 million, California 40 million = 123 million

Population of the US 324 million. nearly 40 % of the population in those 5 states alone. OMG did you say you were an accountant, CPA, MBA ? C'mon Man ?

Those 5 states would elect the president and you know it, and so did the founding fathers of this country, and that is why we have the electoral college.

EVEN and EQUAL Representation.

Your bio doesn't say what country you're from, but your lack of understanding of U.S. election laws leads me to assume that either you're not American or your high school didn't require you to take a course in civics........ just one of the many you have thrown out over the past couple weeks. Typical of a Liberal in defense of a position.

So I just keep posting the facts. Conservative and thank God we finally have control. You know, the liberals have run the US into the ground, and it's nearly broke us because of the Obama administration balloon spending and very limited growth of the economy, not to mention the Idiot Bush and his stupid war. You do understand simple math right, 10 trillion in national debt vs 20 trillion ? Who in their right mind would have given 150 billion to Iraq in cash no less ? Who in their right mind would give 20% of the US uranium reserves to Russia ?

That is why Trump was elected, because of that kind of thinking, so like I said, either change your thinking, or philosophy, or the Dems are big trouble in 2018 and beyond.

Image result for State legislative control in 2007

Image result for State governemnt cotrol in 2017                       Am I the only one that can see the difference ? 2007 vs 2017 ? Kind a tells a the story of what direction this country is headed doesn't it ?

Rocket science you know  :biggrin: Damn those facts anyway :cool:

So the citizens of the big five states do not have as much power as those in the smaller states? As the electoral system stinks, you should leave the states out and move to direct voting. But I think the discussion here reflects the political discussion in the U.S. as a whole, which means that you will never be able to decide on any changes.

13 hours ago, kalevipoeg said:

So the citizens of the big five states do not have as much power as those in the smaller states? As the electoral system stinks, you should leave the states out and move to direct voting. But I think the discussion here reflects the political discussion in the U.S. as a whole, which means that you will never be able to decide on any changes.

Origins of the Electoral College

The Constitutional Convention considered several possible methods of selecting a president.

One idea was to have the Congress choose the president. This idea was rejected, however, because some felt that making such a choice would be too divisive an issue and leave too many hard feelings in the Congress. Others felt that such a procedure would invite unseemly political bargaining, corruption, and perhaps even interference from foreign powers. Still others felt that such an arrangement would upset the balance of power between the legislative and executive branches of the federal government.

A second idea was to have the State legislatures select the president. This idea, too, was rejected out of fears that a president so beholden to the State legislatures might permit them to erode federal authority and thus undermine the whole idea of a federation.

A third idea was to have the president elected by a direct popular vote. Direct election was rejected not because the Framers of the Constitution doubted public intelligence but rather because they feared that without sufficient information about candidates from outside their State, people would naturally vote for a "favorite son" from their own State or region. At worst, no president would emerge with a popular majority sufficient to govern the whole country. At best, the choice of president would always be decided by the largest, most populous States with little regard for the smaller ones.

Finally, a so-called "Committee of Eleven" in the Constitutional Convention proposed an indirect election of the president through a College of Electors.

The function of the College of Electors in choosing the president can be likened to that in the Roman Catholic Church of the College of Cardinals selecting the Pope. The original idea was for the most knowledgeable and informed individuals from each State to select the president based solely on merit and without regard to State of origin or political party.

The structure of the Electoral College can be traced to the Centurial Assembly system of the Roman Republic. Under that system, the adult male citizens of Rome were divided, according to their wealth, into groups of 100 (called Centuries). Each group of 100 was entitled to cast only one vote either in favor or against proposals submitted to them by the Roman Senate. In the Electoral College system, the States serve as the Centurial groups (though they are not, of course, based on wealth), and the number of votes per State is determined by the size of each State's Congressional delegation. Still, the two systems are similar in design and share many of the same advantages and disadvantages.

The similarities between the Electoral College and classical institutions are not accidental. Many of the Founding Fathers were well schooled in ancient history and its lessons.

Thanks, Thestarider, for a thorough presentation of the background. As you say, your system can be traced to the Roman Republic, which existed quite a long time ago. I understand that direct voting would be difficult in your country, what I cannot understand in your system is that when a candidate wins the election in a state, he/she gets all the votes of that state. I do not find that democratic, but I guess the Roman Empire was not that democratic, either.

In my country, which has no states, we used to have the electoral system until the end of the 80´s. Each region had a certain number of electors, based on the population of the region. The voters knew which candidate each elector would vote for President. If the region had for example 10 electors out of the total 300, the result could be 5 electors for candidate A, 3 electors for candidate B and 2 electors for candidate C. When the chosen electors came to the capital for voting for the President, it was known that candidate A has 137 electors, candidate B has 102 electors and candidate C 61 electors. Electors normally had to stick to their own candidate on the first voting round, which meant that none of the candidates got the majority of the votes. The next voting round consisted of the two candidates that had the most votes. Now those who had supported candidate C had to vote either for A or B, and then the President was the one who got over 50 % of the votes.

As said, that system lasted till the end of the 80´s and was then changed into the direct popular vote. As our country is much smaller than the U.S., it is easy for the voters to have enough information of all candidates. Home region is not important, the voting is based on person and party. The best candidate rarely gets over 50 % of the votes on the first round, so there will be a second voting after two weeks between the two best. It is possible to vote in advance in the absentee vote (about 30-35 % do that) and then on the election day.