#1 What do you drive?

HarleyFatboy

I'm very boring guys..I drive a white Ford Fiesta Eco Boost...It's just a 1 litre, but, I don't fully understand this Eco Boost thing, but it's pretty much turbo and is like shit off a stick for acceleration compared to the tank we used to have...And it's really 

Image result for ford fiesta ecoboost

Btw, this isn't our car...But it's the same, but ours is a 2013...So no stalking me.....:dodgy:...But I'll give Lyree my real registration ...:biggrin:

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, CowArt said:

2007 Citroën C6 (2.7 V6 HDiF).

4-reasons-citroen-c6-6.jpg

Don't think you get a lot of those on your side of the big pond. This obviously is a studio-pic, but mine is identical, beside the fact that it hasn't been washed in almost a year.

I love those big weird Citroën's with the hydropneumatic suspension, I had two XM's before this.

I've only seen this car in pictures and really don't know to much about them. Looks like an awesome ride though!!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

I'm very boring guys..I drive a white Ford Fiesta Eco Boost...It's just a 1 litre, but, I don't fully understand this Eco Boost thing, but it's pretty much turbo and is like shit off a stick for acceleration compared to the tank we used to have...And it's really 

Image result for ford fiesta ecoboost

Btw, this isn't our car...But it's the same, but ours is a 2013...So no stalking me.....:dodgy:...But I'll give Lyree my real registration ...:biggrin:

I'm a Ford guy so I'm kind of parcel to anything Ford.  The Eco Boost models do have some really nice acceleration once those turbo's get spooled up!  My son drives a 2013 F150 FX4 Eco Boost and that truck is crazy quick for being a truck.  It won't hang with my Raptor but he get's over 1/2 the gas mileage mine gets.

I have a feeling there would be quite a few people on here that would give Lyree their registration lol.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, CowArt said:

2007 Citroën C6 (2.7 V6 HDiF).

4-reasons-citroen-c6-6.jpg

Don't think you get a lot of those on your side of the big pond. This obviously is a studio-pic, but mine is identical, beside the fact that it hasn't been washed in almost a year.

I love those big weird Citroën's with the hydropneumatic suspension, I had two XM's before this.

Back in the late 1950s, a business associate (in the US) had whatever the latest model was then. The joke was that you had better be friendly with a good plumber.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, eagleb1 said:

Back in the late 1950s, a business associate (in the US) had whatever the latest model was then. The joke was that you had better be friendly with a good plumber.

Good joke, and very true. The first version of that suspension used an oil that absorbed moisture, causing the system to rust and eventually leak. Since that system powered suspension, clutch, steering and brakes, it basically turned the vehicle into an extremely comfortable death trap. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

I had a cute co-worker who bought a Yugo. She was thrilled when she got it. The thrill lasted at least two hours.

Back in 1961, there was a Billy Wilder comedic movie called One, Two, Three.  It was set in Berlin and there was a funny sequence about an unreliable East German car.

In 1965, my wife and I were in West Berlin  and had to get to the East Berlin airport to fly to Prague.  Taxi drivers from the West couldn't cross into the East so they dropped us at the nearest check point to the airport.  The East Germans were kind enough to send a car to pick us up.  My wife and I had to suppress laughing when what came sputtering up was on of those cars made fun of in the movie.

For the record, we flew an Interflug Airline Ilyushin 18.  Can anyone here top that?

• Upvote 1

On 6/23/2017 at 3:06 PM, eagleb1 said:

Back in 1961, there was a Billy Wilder comedic movie called One, Two, Three.  It was set in Berlin and there was a funny sequence about an unreliable East German car.

In 1965, my wife and I were in West Berlin  and had to get to the East Berlin airport to fly to Prague.  Taxi drivers from the West couldn't cross into the East so they dropped us at the nearest check point to the airport.  The East Germans were kind enough to send a car to pick us up.  My wife and I had to suppress laughing when what came sputtering up was on of those cars made fun of in the movie.

For the record, we flew an Interflug Airline Ilyushin 18.  Can anyone here top that?

You got me beat!

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎23 at 4:06 PM, eagleb1 said:

Here's a Clip from that Movie.   MV5BMjA4Mzg1NTA2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjQ5MV5BMjE1NzgxMDU2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTQ5

This thread looks very much like the American Car show. Have you Americans noticed that driving your cars in the U.S. is nowadays more expensive than our driving in Europe? Your petrol price is pretty cheap, but as your cars consume three times as much petrol as ours, the total bill is bigger. Last time in the U.S./Canada we rented a Lincoln SUV for the Rocky Mountains tour and we had to fill the tank every day as it consumed over 12 litres per 100 km (sorry, I cannot use your strange units of measure). My Mercedes-Benz A CDI model consumes 4.2 litres per 100 km (98 g CO2 per km), my wife´s Volvo V40 D2 consumes 3.8 litres (82 g CO2). After that U.S. trip I understood why the American cars don´t sell in Europe and why Detroit is a dead city. And it is very true, the best way to diminish the U.S. greenhouse gas emissions would be to double the petrol price in the U.S. But that will never happen during Trump, the advocate for fossile fuels and global warming.

2 hours ago, kalevipoeg said:

This thread looks very much like the American Car show. Have you Americans noticed that driving your cars in the U.S. is nowadays more expensive than our driving in Europe? Your petrol price is pretty cheap, but as your cars consume three times as much petrol as ours, the total bill is bigger. Last time in the U.S./Canada we rented a Lincoln SUV for the Rocky Mountains tour and we had to fill the tank every day as it consumed over 12 litres per 100 km (sorry, I cannot use your strange units of measure). My Mercedes-Benz A CDI model consumes 4.2 litres per 100 km (98 g CO2 per km), my wife´s Volvo V40 D2 consumes 3.8 litres (82 g CO2). After that U.S. trip I understood why the American cars don´t sell in Europe and why Detroit is a dead city. And it is very true, the best way to diminish the U.S. greenhouse gas emissions would be to double the petrol price in the U.S. But that will never happen during Trump, the advocate for fossile fuels and global warming.

We do have our share of gas guzzlers over here in the states without a doubt, but we also have very economical vehicles as well.  I have two vehicles, the truck and the corvette.  The truck keeps gas stations in business, but the corvette get's around 23 to 25 miles to the gallon if I can keep my foot out of it.  On the highway the corvette averages about 24 miles to the gallon.  I know it's not as economical as other vehicles I could choose to drive, but it's way more fun!!  The truck, for being 4 wheel drive, actually has a better ride than most cars on the road and it handles well off road, but that baby can drink some gas let me tell you.  However, I knew that going into the deal so I kind of have to put up with it.  Now, if the gas prices were to double, I would have to think really hard about selling the Raptor and getting an F150 4X4 Ecoboost, it gets almost triple the gas mileage my truck gets, and I will still have a truck which I need.  I believe every family should have some kind of truck, they are just to handy and practical!!