The NFL and the National Anthem

For the first time in my life I turned off my television as I refuse to watch NFL football due to the players, coaches, owners, and those who broadcast the games stance on the national anthem. I have two sons serving currently over seas. They want to say they have the right to protest, I do not in any way disagree with a persons right to protest, but that being said I do not protest at my job, I do not use my position in my place of employment as a platform for my beliefs,  Football is an all American game, and to protest the national anthem in any way is disrespectful to those who died for the freedom to protest, and to use Football games national anthem is not the right platform for protest, that is what is wrong with these KIDS today, they were raised to be disrespectful to the values that my two sons uphold for them. The Flag flies over everything and everywhere in this great country, and if you live here you have understand why. and show it the respect it deserves as it is the sign of freedom to the entire world.

The NFL can go the hell and believe me it will, until those who own and pay the bills get a grasp on those premadona's that play game and let them know it is just a job like all of the 125 million Americans who work for a living, they are no more special than  a gentleman sacking groceries at the local store, or the truck driver that delivers the food they eat at those five star restaurant's. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, eagleb1 said:

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, meme and text

I didn't say a word about Trump did I Eagle, so I take it you agree with the NFL disrespect for our flag and the national anthem, Oh hell I know you agree ...... GOD help us, and all those who serve for your right to be a hater, like all the liberal elitist's.

• Like 1

Just now, Thestarider said:

I didn't say a word about Trump did I Eagle, so I take it you agree with the NFL disrespect for our flag and the national anthem, Oh hell I know you agree ...... GOD help us, and all those who serve for your right to be a hater, like all the liberal elitist's.

So you are willing to fight to defend the constitution of the United States except for the first amendment.

By the way, why do we play the national anthem before just those entertainment events that happen to be sports games? Do we make sure that all the players are American citizens?  If not are those non-citizens permitted to ignore those hypocrites who select when they will honor our country's standards except if it costs them anything in money or their safety.

1 minute ago, eagleb1 said:

So you are willing to fight to defend the constitution of the United States except for the first amendment.

By the way, why do we play the national anthem before just those entertainment events that happen to be sports games? Do we make sure that all the players are American citizens?  If not are those non-citizens permitted to ignore those hypocrites who select when they will honor our country's standards except if it costs them anything in money or their safety.

Read what I posted to start the thread, and just like your brotherhood of liberals, along with the main stream media, you try to make and put words into what you think someone is saying, instead of reading or hearing what they say.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

Read what I posted to start the thread, and just like your brotherhood of liberals, along with the main stream media, you try to make and put words into what you think someone is saying, instead of reading or hearing what they say.

I know what you said and you have every right not to watch the NFL (and MLB if the protest continues to spread there.)  I'm increasingly growing concerned about football as we learn more about life-shortening injuries players suffer.

What they are protesting is the injustice that we inflict on minorities.  If you're not aware of it then maybe their actions will cause you to examine what has been happening for a long time.  Yes, they are taking advantage of their celebrity to make the public aware of what many of them have lived through.  If grocery baggers could attract the same audience, maybe they would protest too.

Why do you assume that calling someone a liberal is a slur?

lib·er·al
ˈlib(ə)rəl/
adjective
  1. 1.
    open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values.
    "they have more liberal views toward marriage and divorce than some people"
noun
  1. 1.
    a person of liberal views.

As usual you changed the most important part of the post that we should not use our jobs, or our position of employment to proliferate our politics or belief's. I didn't agree with Mohamad Ali's protest to the draft by using his status in boxing, I don't agree with the NFL disrespecting the National Anthem and flag the protects them to have that right. 

If they started a movement outside of the NFL games and tried to make a difference using their football abilities, I would be behind them 100 percent, as long as they were not disrespecting the flag, or the National Anthem in any way.

The town I live is named Liberal, Kansas, and I truly understand the definition of liberal. You on the other hand are very defensive all the time. 

Do you, or do you have any children served in the military for this great country ? and fight or pledge their life to give you the rights you have ? Or those premadonna NFL players to disrespect the flag and our countries National Anthem.

You speak of inequality, what have given of yourself to help the poor ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

[...]

You speak of inequality, what have given of yourself to help the poor ?

Well, I pay some very high taxes and expect my government to compassionately use it to take care of the genuinely needy.

As to what I've done, remember I'm old (82).  Back in the early days of the anti-poverty program I was a leading authority on their management .  My masters thesis on the subject was published.

I never served in the military  because, while I was 1A, not everyone was needed and I wasn't called.  If I had been, I would have served as an officer.

Currently, service is voluntary and my children have all chosen to pursue other careers.  I respect those who choose to serve in the military.

Thank you for being honest Eagle, I respect that. I have served my community and my church for all of my adult life. I completely agree with the government should take care of those in need with compassion. 

I can not agree with anyone who disrespects what this country stands for, or the symbolism of the National Anthem or the flag we so proudly display to world and what it represents.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Section 4 of the Flag Code states:

The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag: "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.", should be rendered by standing at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. When not in uniform men should remove any non-religious headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should remain silent, face the flag, and render the military salute."
  • Like 2