Nora's skin problem

Guest NL Forever

can't say I noticed...can you give any more details....

actually I did notice today when she was in the kitchen....looks rather nasty!

Guest Squirrel

Shingles generally doesn't kick in until after the age of 50, or in people who have immune system deficiencies. Outbreaks and the extent of the rash vary, and can be treated topically with drugs such as Acyclovir. A vaccine is available.

If this continues, I suppose she will need Dr. NL to visit to give her an all-body ointment massage.

Guest NL Forever

Shingles generally doesn't kick in until after the age of 50, or in people who have immune system deficiencies. Outbreaks and the extent of the rash vary, and can be treated topically with drugs such as Acyclovir. A vaccine is available.

If this continues, I suppose she will need Dr. NL to visit to give her an all-body ointment massage.

Yup, I guess I ...er, he....could certainly apply the correct ointment in ALL the right places.....

Strong vote for shingles. Typically the shingles virus (Herpes Zoster) follows a nerve and hers is in the exact path of one of the intercostal (rib) nerves. It developed with the time frame of shingles too. Yes, very painful and sensitive.

Not any real good treatment for it and takes up to three weeks - sometimes longer. The fact it has not spread very much locally and this points to shingles.