Say goodbye to the Miss America pageant

itsme

9 minutes ago, itsme said:

They are dropping the bikini and gown portion. Now it's just going to be about what the contestants have to say. I don't see that being a viable business  model. #metoo has gone too far this time.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/06/05/us/miss-america-swimsuit-trnd/index.html

That surely will Kill the Ratings quite fast.  No Swimsuits and not to many will watch the Pageant.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jjkopite said:

So they will judge on brains not looks? Wow! 

Yeah it's pretty much pointless now. It's more a women's achievement competition, which certainly has a place, but you can't just turn it into something entirely different and expect to get the same audience. 

5 hours ago, itsme said:

Yeah it's pretty much pointless now. It's more a women's achievement competition, which certainly has a place, but you can't just turn it into something entirely different and expect to get the same audience. 

I totally agree but I also can tell you that in my 58 years I haven't watched more than 5 Miss America pageants.  All of those five were with my late wife.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that if it wasn't for her, I never would have watched any of them.  It's a show for the women in my opinion and them dropping the bikini contest and the gown portion of the show, I personally don't believe it's going to make that big a difference.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HarleyFatboy said:

I totally agree but I also can tell you that in my 58 years I haven't watched more than 5 Miss America pageants.  All of those five were with my late wife.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that if it wasn't for her, I never would have watched any of them.  It's a show for the women in my opinion and them dropping the bikini contest and the gown portion of the show, I personally don't believe it's going to make that big a difference.

This is true. 

3 minutes ago, itsme said:

It kind of reminds of how Playboy decided they weren't going to do nudes anymore, and the reversed the decision when their sales tanked.

Men are an important demographic I’m sure. This will cost them a lot of viewers. Women don’t get dressed up to turn on guys, they do it for other women. Women want the bikini’s back too! I’m certain!