Thoughts on Illegal immigration?

More than 100 illegal immigrants were arrested at an Ohio landscaping company. 

http://thehill.com/latino/390750-immigration-agents-arrest-more-than-100-at-ohio-landscaping-company

2 hours ago, itsme said:

It sounds to me like these were migrant workers, who tend to come to the U.S. during growing and harvesting seasons and go back home during the winter. 

If that was the case they would have H-2a visa not fake social security cards.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

Mostly opportunistic people hoping to escape poverty or violence.

If they enter Legally there should be no issue.  If they Entered Illegally then Fuck 'Em and send them back where they came from to the Poverty and Violence. No Ifs, Ands or Buts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amy3 said:

Nope! Mostly opportunistic people hoping to escape poverty or violence. The system is broken and no one will budge a finger to fix it. What’s worse is that no one in their home country is willing to do what needs to be done to fix their own country. Corruption is unbelievable! Since September, 112 politicians in Mexico have been killed. Likely by the drug cartels who run these countries all the way down to Columbia. 

A lot of these politicians are regular people, who don’t even try to get in the way of the drug cartels, but the drug cartels love to make sure they are understood. Imagine being told to send your 14 year old daughter to an address with no idea why and be told your wife will be carved up with a chainsaw if you don’t.

Separating children from families in the USA pales compared what’s really going on. This whole story is a nothing but a weapon the leftwing media is using to hurt Trump. Obama did the same thing. 

Mexico is NOT that bad, only in specific areas. It´s more about where you live. 95% of the country remains untouched by the drug war. We can always discuss the unreported crime, and yes Mexico probably has more unreported homicides than most of the western states. There are obvious problems, but people fail to understand the complexity and size of the country. Usually, the issues are not generalized. Drug violence is very localized. Street crime levels are not more significant than say, Eastern Europe. There is a lot of poverty, but there is a vast middle class as well. And my perception is that the middle-class does quite well in Mexico. Just to put things in perspective, there are several US cities which have a higher murder rate than most Mexican cities. But people are not specially scared to go to Atlanta and Detroit or Chicago. Take Orlando and New Orleans. Mexico City has an homicide rate of 8.3 per 100 000 people vs Orlando (11.7 homicides per 100 000 people) and the New Orleans (58 per 100 000 people homicide rate) With these statistics, You are more likely to be murdered in Orlando or in New Orleans, than in Mexico City. 

IMO, what the Mexican government can do on a short term period is to work on education. More educated kids = a wealthier country = less criminality as you don´t have to turn into a HitMan. (Sicario to make a living. ) Also Mexico is the victim of geography as it is  sandwiched between the Andean region, where the world’s cocaine is produced, and the United States, where 36 percent of it is consumed. (YUM YUM) So as long as the US will be such a big market for consuming drugs and allowing population there will be drug related violence in Mexico. But this is a much bigger problem to fight. Like I stated, the only thing that Mexico can do at the moment is to offer better public education, fight  income inequality, improving the distribution of wealth in the country. As for the LEFT. It doesn't really matter if you're right wing or left wing....as long you're delicious...19.gif.83447f26f56a829fb5043c70d92a55c9.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amy3 said:

Mexico is screwed! It is bought and controlled by the drug cartels all the way to the Presidency. I live 10 minutes from the border and there is no way in hell I would go down there. I used to all the time, but not anymore. My brother, who is fluent in Spanish and lived all over Mexico finally left after his sister in law got kidnapped in a bizarre scheme. Fuck that! 

Nobody’s family would be split up if they didn’t come here in the first place. The USA has to close the border and stop creating policies that encourage people to send their children alone though a gauntlet of hell just so they can have some hope of getting here. 

Also, if they are seeking asylum from the hell that El Salvador or Honduras or which ever Central America country they come from, then why don’t they seek asylum in Mexico where they are? Oh, I know, cause they aren’t seeking asylum, they are seeking Uncle Sam’s left tit when we have veterans and actual Americans living in the streets. Fix your own country people! 

Hi Amy...(HUG) I can feel your frustration, all the way in Florida. I do NOT disagree with you. But we are talking about a part of Mexico, where you happen to be living near. Mexico has struggled with corruption for a long, long time. The crime will continue as long as the Cartels do exist in that part of Mexico. Evil has its roots not in any particular culture or history, but in human nature. It is present in some form in every community and every country. But where corruption permeates all levels of the state, as it does in Mexico, it creates an environment in which other forms of crime can thrive. This is particularly true when it comes to organized crime, (something I'm familiar with) which if left unchecked can start a cycle of bribery and impunity. The sheer magnitude of illicit funds that major criminal organizations accrue allows them to bribe susceptible public authorities readily; this, in turn, gives them near-free reign for illegal activities such as drug trafficking, pimping, and extortion, all of which raise more money. 

Here’s the problem with the current immigration debate: Neither side revealed the whole picture. Trump (I'm a Trump Guy) might cite my work, but he overlooks my findings that the influx of immigrants can potentially be a net good for the nation, increasing the total wealth of the population. Clinton ignored the hard truth that not everyone benefits when immigrants arrive. For many Americans, the influx of immigrants hurts their prospects significantly.  

This second message might be hard for many Americans to process, but anyone who tells you that immigration doesn’t have any adverse effects doesn’t understand how it works. When the supply of workers goes up, the price that firms have to pay to hire workers goes down. Wage trends over the past half-century suggest that a 10 percent increase in the number of workers with a particular set of skills probably lowers the wage of that group by at least 3 percent.(Do the Math) Even after the economy has fully adjusted, those skill groups that received the most immigrants will still offer lower pay relative to those that received fewer immigrants. Both low- and high-skilled Americans are affected by the influx of immigrants. But because a disproportionate percentage of immigrants have few skills, it is low-skilled American workers, including many Minorities, who have suffered most from this wage dip. The monetary loss is sizable. The typical high school dropout earns about $25,000 annually.  According to census data, immigrants admitted - "in the past two decades lacking a high school diploma have increased the size of the low-skilled workforce by roughly 25 percent. As a result, the earnings of this particularly vulnerable group dropped by between $800 and $1,500 each year."

When we look at the overall value of immigration, there’s one more complicating factor: Immigrants receive government assistance at higher rates than Americans. The higher cost of all the services provided to immigrants and the lower taxes they pay (because they have lower earnings) inevitably implies that on a year-to-year basis immigration creates a fiscal hole of at least $50 billion. A burden that falls on the American population. So, you see, I do agree with you. Illegals need NOT cross, in the name of NOT paying for all their shit...19.gif.e5561888cbf37216d807680cf359e012.gif 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ipiratemedia said:

Mexico is NOT that bad, only in specific areas. It´s more about where you live. 95% of the country remains untouched by the drug war. We can always discuss the unreported crime, and yes Mexico probably has more unreported homicides than most of the western states. There are obvious problems, but people fail to understand the complexity and size of the country. Usually, the issues are not generalized. Drug violence is very localized. Street crime levels are not more significant than say, Eastern Europe. There is a lot of poverty, but there is a vast middle class as well. And my perception is that the middle-class does quite well in Mexico. Just to put things in perspective, there are several US cities which have a higher murder rate than most Mexican cities. But people are not specially scared to go to Atlanta and Detroit or Chicago. Take Orlando and New Orleans. Mexico City has an homicide rate of 8.3 per 100 000 people vs Orlando (11.7 homicides per 100 000 people) and the New Orleans (58 per 100 000 people homicide rate) With these statistics, You are more likely to be murdered in Orlando or in New Orleans, than in Mexico City. 

IMO, what the Mexican government can do on a short term period is to work on education. More educated kids = a wealthier country = less criminality as you don´t have to turn into a HitMan. (Sicario to make a living. ) Also Mexico is the victim of geography as it is  sandwiched between the Andean region, where the world’s cocaine is produced, and the United States, where 36 percent of it is consumed. (YUM YUM) So as long as the US will be such a big market for consuming drugs and allowing population there will be drug related violence in Mexico. But this is a much bigger problem to fight. Like I stated, the only thing that Mexico can do at the moment is to offer better public education, fight  income inequality, improving the distribution of wealth in the country. As for the LEFT. It doesn't really matter if you're right wing or left wing....as long you're delicious...19.gif.83447f26f56a829fb5043c70d92a55c9.gif

You always spew an eloquent bullshit answer Joey. Keep it up.  Maybe some of us will believe you going forward. Or not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rammer said:

You always spew an eloquent bullshit answer Joey. Keep it up.  Maybe some of us will believe you going forward. Or not.

LMAO! Good to see you in rare form RAM! I Don't want to create stress, on my part. Nevertheless, welcome back.19.gif.08e63537f4a38a9b5392c14449e6985e.gif