Christopher Columbus

Amy3

38 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

The strategy of the hate Christopher Columbus day is simple. Divide and conquer! Separate us from them! It's all done behind a political veil in order to gain political support for the purpose of gaining power. It's pitiful! 

Never heard of this particular hate day in America but it just sounds rather sad and pathetic that it was brought in anyway. Take this to its natural conclusion and you would ban ALL immigration anywhere just to preserve what some see as the indigenous people but its a bit late for that now i would have said as everywhere has been bastardised by now.. Anyway who are the indigenous people of America?  I suppose one would say the indians and they seem to have been almost wiped out. Still what would i know being of UK origin whatever that may or may not be.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

Christopher Columbus day by people who "care" about indigenous people.

217293_1832117996233_6820203_n.jpg.c6f1d861aa5ea4568671db396f4cf906.jpg

Whether you call it Columbus Day or Indigenous People’s Day, yesterday holiday churns up a sea of debate that could capsize even the Santa Maria. Columbus never discovered America. If we were to overlook the not-so-minor fact that millions of people were already living in North America in 1492 including all the ethnic groups you pointed out. Columbus never set foot on our shores. October 12th marks the day of his arrival to the Bahamas. He did reach the coasts of what is Cuba, Haiti, and the Dominican Republic, as well as explore the Central and South American coasts; he never unfurled a Spanish flag in North America. 

"The trail of tears." "The story of the Native American has been a story marked mainly by betrayal and sorrow." Ever since those white men from across the ocean set foot onto this land, the Native American has lost almost everything. There ancestral lands, dignity, and even there culture have fallen by the wayside. How interesting it is that the people who came to this land first are the ones who have been shortchanged. If you ask me, Wilmer Flintstones discovered America. Or maybe Leif Eriksson, the first European believed to have sailed to North America, having reached Canada 500 years before Columbus set sail to the west. Either way we're here and history has taught us nothing but the guilt of someones past and present. The rest it's a mystery. (IMHO)

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, blue is the colour said:

Good job it is not hate the Viking day.... as they were the first to discover North America... but never new it.

We know now that Columbus was among the last explorers to reach the Americas, not the first. Five hundred years before Columbus, a daring band of Vikings led by Leif Eriksson set foot in North America and established a settlement.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

Ultimately, you are the only truth in this world. Well, that, and the actual truth that is one step beyond you. 

Thanks for another bloody novel Amy😍 i new who it was before i bloody read it🤣. I must admit it made a very honest and refreshing read and I commend you on being so outwardly true to yourself. As long as you have a loving family who love you for who you are and a few good loving friends you have it made hun. I have always believed you can generally count true friends on one hand but thats digressing. Having a good sense of humour is also important in this mad and insular looking world. Just carry on doing what you are doing babe and you got it made 💜💜💜 (note the colour lol)

• Like 2

Well obviously we have gotten off of the subject of Christopher C, but what the hell.  This is more enlightening

In response and to add to Amy's comments---The most important thing is that we should be proud of is that as a human being we treat others the way that we want to be treated. (Sounds like something Biblical)

If you have not, then you should be ashamed.  Of course you can also be proud of what you have accomplished in life, but the aforementioned is the most important.IMO

• Like 2