Gia & Anthony Part 2 - Las Vegas

Guest hacıvat

21 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

That is really interesting. So most likely when they measured the LST in Death Valley at that time it might have been even higher. 😉

Yes, if they had taken an LST measurement along with the air temperature
measurement, it likely would have been much higher than 135°.

For example, the air temperature of the aptly named Furnace Creek in Death
Valley reaches a staggering average daily high of 115°F.

It gets even hotter on the ground: a measurement of 201°F was taken on July
15 1972 - just 11 degrees away from the boiling point of water.

I think I can cross Death Valley off my bucket list of places I'd love to visit. 😊

Just now, letsdothis said:

Yes, if they had taken an LST measurement along with the air temperature
measurement, it likely would have been much higher than 135°.

For example, the air temperature of the aptly named Furnace Creek in Death
Valley reaches a staggering average daily high of 115°F.

It gets even hotter on the ground: a measurement of 201°F was taken on July
15 1972 - just 11 degrees away from the boiling point of water.

I think I can cross Death Valley off my bucket list of places I'd love to visit. 😊

I was there in 2008. "Only" 44 degrees centigrade. But as the air is very dry it is quite bearable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, letsdothis said:

BTW, what on Earth possessed you to visit Death Valley, of all places,
on your trip to Las Vegas??

Yeah I did a crazy trip with some friends through the west. So we drove through Death Valley to Las Vegas. But I tell you the Death Valley was not the hottest temperature during that trip. We stayed at the Luxor. You know this giant glass pyramid hotel. It was still about 40 degress in Vegas and we made the bad decision to try the pool area wich is located directly behind the pyramid. So the sun shining on the glass and reflecting it was so ubearably hot we went inside after 5 minutes again. One of the staff there said sometimes it heats up to over 60 degrees there. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Yeah I did a crazy trip with some friends through the west. So we drove through Death Valley to Las Vegas. But I tell you the Death Valley was not the hottest temperature during that trip. We stayed at the Luxor. You know this giant glass pyramid hotel. It was still about 40 degress in Vegas and we made the bad decision to try the pool area wich is located directly behind the pyramid. So the sun shining on the glass and reflecting it was so ubearably hot we went inside after 5 minutes again. One of the staff there said sometimes it heats up to over 60 degrees there. 

Ouch!!

2 hours ago, jabbath1987 said:

I was there in 2008. "Only" 44 degrees centigrade. But as the air is very dry it is quite bearable. 

Pretty normal around here.. you go out to streets and it's like someone is punching you in the belly and you lose all the air inside you

• Like 1