VHTV public discord chat

Of course you all know how happy we Mods were when VHTV started. We could just focus on the chaos in RLC's Barc threads, because VHTV followers were generally quite nice to the tenants, the VHTV admin, and each other.

So now it seems that VHTV has become extremely popular here. There are even feuds among members. It can also be controversial, but some of these tenants are dearly loved by many members. There is always something to discuss and talk about. Conversation among our members is very active.

VHTV is doing something very right. It has  become big-time as voyeur sites go -- quite a feat, especially when one considers that it has gone up against the Big Dog (RLC). VHTV also listens to its audience, and I think a discord chat is merely another tool to engage with its audience. RLC simply bans it audience, and everybody else!

Congratulations to VHTV for its success. May it long continue.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

So, I guess this effectively cuts James off from CamCaps. Any questions towards VHTV henceforth will only have any hope of a response from James via the discord chat or support.

@StnCld316 Pay attention!

Discord Chat should have no effect on the Forum.  Our Relationship with James at VHTV remains the same.

• Like 4

Did you ever notice cheap Soap Opera Review Magazines at the check-out counter in super-markets? They show pictures, recaps, reviews, and comments about all the leading soap operas on day-time TV. The Soap Opera people NEVER complain or prohibit such publications unless they're stupid, because it's free advertising for them, and it help to engage new viewers of their product.

Soap opera journals? Yep, that's exactly what CamCaps is all about.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

Ok, cc, good luck with that. I would expect that you're going to see a significant drop in posts here, especially in the general section here. Why post comments here when you already know that VHTV is not going to respond. 

I think this is the beginnings of them jumping ship and creating their own forum in order to have more control over their content, stifle any dissenters, and eventually sell access to their talent. They probably won't do anything to cc, but their members will have much better access in this future forum and likely your members will largely abandon you.

The day is coming, mark my words!  

If there was an Amy3 channel, you better bet we'd cover it, sweetheart! (So would a Lyree or Tay 2 site, but they'd need to cough up money for multiple apartments too.)

And it would probably get a hell of a lot of traction. Unless, of course, you slapped us with a goddamn DMCA take-down order. Then we couldn't have any of your stuff on on public servers, members would need to use 3rd party files sharing services, and stuff wouldn't last more than three hours. It would reduce the CC advertising value without graphics.

The thing is, CamCaps advertising for voyeur sites is FREE! Nom, Nom, Nom.

We're soap opera whores here. We're willing help out just about any (legal) start-up voyeur sites. For everything else, there's the Old Dudes Forum.

• Like 1

I don't think James is dismissing or disrespecting CamCaps.

I wish RLC had their own bitch forum, so we wouldn't have to weed through the petty complaints in the RLC apartment forums. (There is one bitch area in the Rant & Flames section, and they have their "user support" section, but RLC ignores them  unless they can ban a member.)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zoifan said:

I think TV would not replace Radio and vice versa. Discord and Forum might have little overlap, but would not replace each other.

Totally agree.. It's different kind of stuff.. And even before the discord the vh section already was decreasing (especially when compared to RLC) for many days so it will be complicated see a direct relation

not to say that talking there about CC could be more users from "outside world" to "cc - vhtv world"

5 minutes ago, Lyree said:

Well, I have tried to get on this Discord and did all they asked. Now when states to continue to Discord, nothing happens. WTF?

New stuff never quite works correctly. At least it's not related to a government bureaucracy, in which case it would never work right!